Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Discussion on PTSD

Jujo-jo

UPDATE: 

It's brutal! Well pretty rough (Exposure therapy)... We're taking a break for now. I can see where it is helpful though. 

I talked with her about my issues with our roommates we'd rather not have. Show'd her some videos taken on my phone and some photos and nop!, once again its confirmed, I am not mentally ill.

It's been a bit difficult around here lately, husband would like to sell the house at this point : ( but I'm not ready to give up yet, my therapist suggested having a catholic priest come. Now if only I could find one that would... I have inquired about it, it's just not that easy... we've had it blessed and cleansed countless times, maybe an exorcism on the house and property is the answer but for some reasons, I now have doubts, it wouldn't have anything to do with the skeptics I have ran into lately, would it, lol ; )

Well anyway, I've schedule for the plumber and the electrician to come, AGAIN!

Here we go round and round & just when I saved up just enough money for a short little get away, vacation, but nop not going anywhere anytime soon...

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Jujo-jo said:

UPDATE: 

It's brutal! Well pretty rough (Exposure therapy)... We're taking a break for now. I can see where it is helpful though. 

I talked with her about my issues with our roommates we'd rather not have. Show'd her some videos taken on my phone and some photos and nop!, once again its confirmed, I am not mentally ill.

It's been a bit difficult around here lately, husband would like to sell the house at this point : ( but I'm not ready to give up yet, my therapist suggested having a catholic priest come. Now if only I could find one that would... I have inquired about it, it's just not that easy... we've had it blessed and cleansed countless times, maybe an exorcism on the house and property is the answer but for some reasons, I now have doubts, it wouldn't have anything to do with the skeptics I have ran into lately, would it, lol ; )

Well anyway, I've schedule for the plumber and the electrician to come, AGAIN!

Here we go round and round & just when I saved up just enough money for a short little get away, vacation, but nop not going anywhere anytime soon...

Im confused. I must of missed some previous post or threads by you.

Are you having hauntings in your home? And you showed the videos of these hauntings to your therapist?

Edited by spartan max2

Just now, spartan max2 said:

Are you having hauntings in your home? And you showed the videos of these hauntings to your therapist?

Yes. Also today I started the forums "Is there an electrician in the house" & "Paranormal reflections" these things, in my opinion are just two of countless events which I feel are related, (if you're interested please check them out photos are included.)

I dont know how many times i have to keep calling in the electrician lol just so he can keep telling me there is nothing amiss. He is licensed, very good and has all the tools to check things I have him here about 4 /5 times per year and hire him for 3 other locations to do work.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

No, you didn't miss anything in this topic about it, I've posted elsewhere on the site from time to time tho on certain events.

And sorry maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it here but I was excited and it was a good session : )

• Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 11:58 PM, Jujo-jo said:

I was traumatized for 14 yrs. When I finally was able to distance myself from the situation before having time to heal, I was held captive for 4 mos. beaten, drugged and often times held at knives point, a couple of times restrained at gun point was told repeatedly daily that what was going to happen to my body, my abductor is dead now.

Write a book about it to get it out there rather than keeping it bottled up inside you, then you'll have the last laugh on the abductor by making money from the book sales, and if Hollywood buys the film rights you'll be laughing all the way to the bank..:D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Jujo-jo said:

Yes. Also today I started the forums "Is there an electrician in the house" & "Paranormal reflections" these things, in my opinion are just two of countless events which I feel are related, (if you're interested please check them out photos are included.)

I dont know how many times i have to keep calling in the electrician lol just so he can keep telling me there is nothing amiss. He is licensed, very good and has all the tools to check things I have him here about 4 /5 times per year and hire him for 3 other locations to do work.

Maybe you need a new electrician to give you a second opinion.  It really sounds like an electrical issue with your light strings and washer.  It could be that when you had the electrical re-done the electrician did not check or skimped on that area of the house.

• Thanks 1

I dont think i have PTSD but i think picking up martial arts could be Great for you. Try jujutsu 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My dear @Jujo-jo

My heart goes out to you. None of us can really conceive the idea of trauma, fear and suffering on such a level until we too have actually experienced it ourselves - and thankfully the majority don't have to!

But then there's those of us who do. Those of us who have seen how cruel, heartless, cold and downright evil human beings can be. Those of us who have dealt with narcissists and psychopaths, sociopaths and the seriously mentally ill.

It's really difficult for those who have never experienced such horrors to even begin to imagine, much less empathise with someone who has been traumatised and scarred from such experiences. No matter how much study and case-work a psychologist or therapist does on the effects and therapies for sufferers, they'll still never truly understand unless they're unlucky enough to find themselves a victim of a similar fate.

Healing is a long process, especially when the traumas were prolonged and particularly violent.

I thought that my triggers were limited to reflections of the abuse. I didn't realise that I'd also be triggered when I was finally treated right, too. When my head was finally cradled and the softest, sweetest kisses would gently brush my cheeks. It would cripple me. I'd be a bawling mess, begging to know why my abuser had never treated me like that. Why he'd seen a woman, so small and fragile and just desperate to love him - and how he'd tried to destroy and crush her.

I thought that forgiveness was ultimately the answer and that it would bring me the healing that I sought. And then I came here.

Some of the UM members helped to expand my narrow vision and helped me to see that all the hatred, the loathing, the negativity that I felt for my abuser was completely warranted and natural. That I was channelling it all at the right person!

My experience, while still fresh and tender, doesn't make me cry anymore. I'm making peace with it. It will always be a part of me but I see myself as someone so strong for escaping it, for withstanding it, for surviving it, for trying to love him despite it and for being able to now use my story to support others. I'm one of the rare ones who can empathise and truly understand what the other sufferers are actually going through.

Years ago, I struggled to understand why my best friend returned to the man who left her face black and blue. Now I understand it. I get it. Because not every day is Hell. They make you believe that if you love them hard enough, you can fix them. You can sew their broken parts back together with your gentleness and understanding. Some days are made to feel blissful and amazing just like it was in the beginning when you fell in love with him. There are things they do that give you hope and make you think it'll one day be worth it if you just hang in there and stay...

I get it now. They're not stupid. They're not blind. They're just strong women, earth angels with nothing but love in their hearts and they've been entangled and entranced by a narcissistic, shape shifting demons.

For me, it took a lot of tears, a lot of self love, a lot of finding myself again (because of years of seclusion and complete transition to his likes/dislikes to appease him), a lot of retelling my story over and over and over again and a lot of compassion and understanding for myself to start to heal these wounds. I'd allow the songs to trigger me. My boyfriend allows me to tell him repeatedly what happened - but he doesn't play the sympathy card. He doesn't milk it and doesn't encourage it. He just listens and allows me to get out whatever has been triggered. He doesn't get upset that I talk about it. I think that's healthy - that I'm not being encouraged to view myself as the victim but I'm also not being discouraged from venting it, no matter how many times I've already done it.

And then I help people. I've joined heaps of groups on Facebook about surviving narcissistic abuse, domestic violence and the like - to find other women who have also suffered the same experiences or even those who are currently there and unsure whether they should leave or not. It may take weeks, months or even years before they make the decision to leave, if at all, but it takes very little on my part to just continuously sew the seeds of empowerment, self-worth and self-love to those who are suffering. It may reach women who are too scared to post - but are closely following and reading what's being said by others.

It's a huge taboo subject and widespread problem (for BOTH genders) that is just now coming to the surface and being talked about openly. Religion made it so unacceptable and controversial for people to even consider divorce - so abuse was hidden behind closed doors and friendly, happy masks were worn in public. My own grandmother suffered many years married to a cheating, alcoholic, abusive and violent husband - and my mum and her siblings also suffered for years because it was too socially unacceptable for her to leave him before the kids were grown, married off and moved out. It caused decades of suffering for all involved.

The biggest key to healing and change, I believe, is conversation and action. Women need to feel safe and supported in order to leave these situations (especially where children are involved) - and conversation needs to be widespread and open about what people are really dealing with. MEN especially need to feel safe in sharing their experiences as well - too many anticipate that they'll be made fun of and ridiculed if they admit that their partner is being abusive.

And we need to remember too that abuse is not limited to physical abuse. It also covers and is not limited to sexual abuse, verbal abuse, emotional/mental abuse, financial abuse etc. (LINK: The ten types of abuse: http://www.ersab.org.uk/what-is-abuse/the-ten-types-of-abuse/)

They're all equally damaging and can be equally traumatic - and each covers so many examples of abuse. Lying in order to falsely incriminate/prosecute someone. Preventing a competent parent from rights to their child/ren. Withholding monetary funds from your partner for the purpose of manipulation or control. Namecalling. Gaslighting. Withholding sex for the purposes of manipulation and control. Regular screaming, yelling, shouting.

Some of these things are SO commonplace that a lot of people will call someone a 'snowflake' for even considering these things to be 'abuse'. It shouldn't have become so socially acceptable right from the start. It's NOT 'normal' for people to scream at one another and name-call. It's not okay to budget your partner just because they're a stay-at-home parent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jypsijemini said:

My dear @Jujo-jo

My heart goes out to you. None of us can really conceive the idea of trauma, fear and suffering on such a level until we too have actually experienced it ourselves - and thankfully the majority don't have to!

But then there's those of us who do. Those of us who have seen how cruel, heartless, cold and downright evil human beings can be. Those of us who have dealt with narcissists and psychopaths, sociopaths and the seriously mentally ill.

It's really difficult for those who have never experienced such horrors to even begin to imagine, much less empathise with someone who has been traumatised and scarred from such experiences. No matter how much study and case-work a psychologist or therapist does on the effects and therapies for sufferers, they'll still never truly understand unless they're unlucky enough to find themselves a victim of a similar fate.

Healing is a long process, especially when the traumas were prolonged and particularly violent.

I thought that my triggers were limited to reflections of the abuse. I didn't realise that I'd also be triggered when I was finally treated right, too. When my head was finally cradled and the softest, sweetest kisses would gently brush my cheeks. It would cripple me. I'd be a bawling mess, begging to know why my abuser had never treated me like that. Why he'd seen a woman, so small and fragile and just desperate to love him - and how he'd tried to destroy and crush her.

I thought that forgiveness was ultimately the answer and that it would bring me the healing that I sought. And then I came here.

Some of the UM members helped to expand my narrow vision and helped me to see that all the hatred, the loathing, the negativity that I felt for my abuser was completely warranted and natural. That I was channelling it all at the right person!

My experience, while still fresh and tender, doesn't make me cry anymore. I'm making peace with it. It will always be a part of me but I see myself as someone so strong for escaping it, for withstanding it, for surviving it, for trying to love him despite it and for being able to now use my story to support others. I'm one of the rare ones who can empathise and truly understand what the other sufferers are actually going through.

Years ago, I struggled to understand why my best friend returned to the man who left her face black and blue. Now I understand it. I get it. Because not every day is Hell. They make you believe that if you love them hard enough, you can fix them. You can sew their broken parts back together with your gentleness and understanding. Some days are made to feel blissful and amazing just like it was in the beginning when you fell in love with him. There are things they do that give you hope and make you think it'll one day be worth it if you just hang in there and stay...

I get it now. They're not stupid. They're not blind. They're just strong women, earth angels with nothing but love in their hearts and they've been entangled and entranced by a narcissistic, shape shifting demons.

For me, it took a lot of tears, a lot of self love, a lot of finding myself again (because of years of seclusion and complete transition to his likes/dislikes to appease him), a lot of retelling my story over and over and over again and a lot of compassion and understanding for myself to start to heal these wounds. I'd allow the songs to trigger me. My boyfriend allows me to tell him repeatedly what happened - but he doesn't play the sympathy card. He doesn't milk it and doesn't encourage it. He just listens and allows me to get out whatever has been triggered. He doesn't get upset that I talk about it. I think that's healthy - that I'm not being encouraged to view myself as the victim but I'm also not being discouraged from venting it, no matter how many times I've already done it.

And then I help people. I've joined heaps of groups on Facebook about surviving narcissistic abuse, domestic violence and the like - to find other women who have also suffered the same experiences or even those who are currently there and unsure whether they should leave or not. It may take weeks, months or even years before they make the decision to leave, if at all, but it takes very little on my part to just continuously sew the seeds of empowerment, self-worth and self-love to those who are suffering. It may reach women who are too scared to post - but are closely following and reading what's being said by others.

It's a huge taboo subject and widespread problem (for BOTH genders) that is just now coming to the surface and being talked about openly. Religion made it so unacceptable and controversial for people to even consider divorce - so abuse was hidden behind closed doors and friendly, happy masks were worn in public. My own grandmother suffered many years married to a cheating, alcoholic, abusive and violent husband - and my mum and her siblings also suffered for years because it was too socially unacceptable for her to leave him before the kids were grown, married off and moved out. It caused decades of suffering for all involved.

The biggest key to healing and change, I believe, is conversation and action. Women need to feel safe and supported in order to leave these situations (especially where children are involved) - and conversation needs to be widespread and open about what people are really dealing with. MEN especially need to feel safe in sharing their experiences as well - too many anticipate that they'll be made fun of and ridiculed if they admit that their partner is being abusive.

And we need to remember too that abuse is not limited to physical abuse. It also covers and is not limited to sexual abuse, verbal abuse, emotional/mental abuse, financial abuse etc. (LINK: The ten types of abuse: http://www.ersab.org.uk/what-is-abuse/the-ten-types-of-abuse/)

They're all equally damaging and can be equally traumatic - and each covers so many examples of abuse. Lying in order to falsely incriminate/prosecute someone. Preventing a competent parent from rights to their child/ren. Withholding monetary funds from your partner for the purpose of manipulation or control. Namecalling. Gaslighting. Withholding sex for the purposes of manipulation and control. Regular screaming, yelling, shouting.

Some of these things are SO commonplace that a lot of people will call someone a 'snowflake' for even considering these things to be 'abuse'. It shouldn't have become so socially acceptable right from the start. It's NOT 'normal' for people to scream at one another and name-call. It's not okay to budget your partner just because they're a stay-at-home parent.

Yes! All very true and very good points, at one time I couldn't talk about it at all, I would avoid it all together or change the subject but all that did was push healing farther away. 

And so very true of the matter being swept under the rug, most women back in the day didn't work, their jobs were taking care of the house & children and with limited funds most back then were just stuck with no means of leaving and households were lucky if they own one vehicle. 

I have noticed it's easier to talk about now days but only due to some really good therapy, some of it is very ugly, gruesome and disgusting so I do spare most details, not because i can't talk about those parts but because I'd rather they didn't have to have those images in their minds it's bad enough being in mine why and its mine I own them so I see no reason to burden or taint their thoughts.

Someone had said write a book get it out and the honest truth is no matter how often you talk about it, address it with a therapist, write it down, write it in your journal over and over the effects of p.t.s.d. are still there. As time goes on they may lessen some but it remains.

The scary part is when I think of people who have not done any of the above. I know at one point I thought I could cure it and i was strong enough to control it all it did was make it worse in the end.

Also you have a majority of people who've been brought up and told therapists are quacks and that therapy is for the weak or that they are not legitimate doctors, its againsttheir beilefs and that they are just a waste of time and money.

So for the people not being treated or who have no support, my heart goes out to them! I can not even imagine their suffering and continual damage it may cause them later on down the road. It's sad. Especially when you see a homeless person having a p.t.s.d. attack. And there is no one, no one at all there for them...

Edited by Jujo-jo
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

I dont think i have PTSD but i think picking up martial arts could be Great for you. Try jujutsu 

Yoga and tai chi are good too for relieving stress.

• Thanks 1

Generally speaking, Christians are calm, fearless and goodnatured and not prone to stress and anxiety, yet for some reason people shy away from it, perhaps they simply don't dare say "I'm a Christian" in case their pals laugh at them?

Jesus's offer is on the table- "Come to me all who are weary and burdened and I'll give you rest...whoever comes to me I'll never turn away...knock and the door will be opened to you...you're my friends if you follow me. I don't call you servants, but I call you friends" (Matt 11:28/John 6:37/Matt 7:7/John 14:2)

rel-mental-health.jpg

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Crikey said:

Generally speaking, Christians are calm, fearless and goodnatured and not prone to stress and anxiety, yet for some reason people shy away from it, perhaps they simply don't dare say "I'm a Christian" in case their pals laugh at them?

Jesus's offer is on the table- "Come to me all who are weary and burdened and I'll give you rest...whoever comes to me I'll never turn away...knock and the door will be opened to you...you're my friends if you follow me. I don't call you servants, but I call you friends" (Matt 11:28/John 6:37/Matt 7:7/John 14:2)

rel-mental-health.jpg

I have labeled myself many times through out my life. I've been into alot of different beliefs but have settled finally in my spiritual beliefs.

When I have been asked I am not ashamed to say I am a Christian, however since my baptism and the events that took place in the church which has led me to longer being a member, I find myself now, instead of saying I am a Christian I say I am a believer and I believe in God and in Jesus.

I had a hard time with the reverend directed me to the wrong class and the embarrassment of it, was a bit too unsettling for me, this was my first red flag, as he had provided me with my study material himself and he himself told me what room to go to.

I also did not think him publically humiliating me in front of the whole congregation for driving a Cadillac (at the time) was very christain like at least it isnt in my book. Being accused of flaunting and having a large ego a d too much vanity was out of line! lol if he had only known I work 60 to 80 hrs. and purchased it at 1/2 the value but all beside the point that was red flag #2.

Red flag # 3 was when he and his wife  Criticized me for watching Joyce Meyer as and Steven furtick a d told me they weren't real and not an effective ministry. This is where I drew my line not to mention the uppity ups that thought they were better than others, I dont play these games well. But none the less havent lost sight and a totally feel my faith has grown since leaving.

2 hours ago, Crikey said:

rel-mental-health.jpg

I have known very few christians who "are calm, fearless and goodnatured and not prone to stress and anxiety", the ones I have interacted with and know generally are more stressed and induce more stress than any one else.  I am glad if you feel that you get that from your religion, but it is not the norm, at least in the U.S.  And anyone who will not claim their religion for fear of other's opinions is not a real believer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jujo-jo said:

When I have been asked I am not ashamed to say I am a Christian, however since my baptism and the events that took place in the church which has led me to longer being a member, I find myself now, instead of saying I am a Christian I say I am a believer and I believe in God and in Jesus..

A lot of so-called "Christian" churches are what I call "Loser Churches", you're too nice to say it straight out so i'll say it for you- YOUR CHURCH IS NO GOOD, and you're well off out of it because their bad vibes are bad for you just like kryptonite weakens Superman..:D

"He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm" (Proverbs 13:20)

"Bad company corrupts good character" (1 Cor 15:33)

"If you hang around with losers you become a loser" (Donald Trump)

Remember, we don't need churches anyway-

Jesus said:-"You have one teacher, me" (Matt 23:10)

But you can keep trying new churches if you like til you find one you like, where the people make you feel good and strong..:D

"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another" (Proverbs 7:17)

Edited by Crikey
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I have known very few christians who "are calm, fearless and goodnatured and not prone to stress and anxiety", the ones I have interacted with and know generally are more stressed and induce more stress than any one else.

What makes you think they were true Christians?..Logic it out- you won't find many Christians in places like this..:P-

psycho-house.jpg

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jujo-jo said:

When I have been asked I am not ashamed to say I am a Christian, however since my baptism and the events that took place in the church which has led me to longer being a member, I find myself now, instead of saying I am a Christian I say I am a believer and I believe in God and in Jesus.

Shame on your lousy church for putting you off Jesus, and shame on you for letting them do it..:P

If you're now ashamed to call yourself a Christian there ain't no way Jesus is gonna reach out his hand for you to take.

Jesus said "Whoever's ashamed of me and my words, I'll be ashamed of him" (Mark 8:38 )

This gal got it right-

Edited by Crikey

3 hours ago, Crikey said:

Shame on your lousy church for putting you off Jesus, and shame on you for letting them do it..:P

If you're now ashamed to call yourself a Christian there ain't no way Jesus is gonna reach out his hand for you to take.

Jesus said "Whoever's ashamed of me and my words, I'll be ashamed of him" (Mark 8:38 )

This gal got it right-

lol ty!

I am not ashamed and I will never deny that I believe, I think that is the important part. And I don't mind calling myself a gentile : ) However it made me think at the time that if that is how Christians treat others then I do not want to be associated with them but I am also aware that not all people who call themselves Christians act that way either ; ) so I refuse to stereotype.

The reverend there also preached that if you don't regularly attend church then you're not a Christian to begin with but I believe the world is "the church", God is everywhere but none the less my time there served its purpose.

3 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

As an OIF combat vet and PTSD sufferer I can only say what methods worked for me: 30 day Inpatient VA treatment program; follow-up once weekly therapy; follow-up weekly PTSD support groups; Medication; vigorous exercise, especially running; abstinence from alcohol, since at the height of my PTSD prior to entering my VA Trx program I was drinking 2 liters of vodka weekly.

Music helps sometimes but in and of itself would not be effective. I'm not religious so none of that was tried. Oils do nothing except maybe to smell if I had an olfactory induced flashback from diesel fumes or BBQ. LOL. 

Best wishes in your journey.

Peace.

Thank you for your service and for sharing that. I could see how that would be effective.

Alcohol was a big factor I quit 10 yrs. ago & yes exercise helps a lot!

I had to laugh about your comment on the oils, that made me smile : ) i can see how certain smells can be triggers tho.

I was sniffing on some frankincense oil the other day, it helped take my mind off things just enough to distract myself from headed toward where I was about to end up. What works for some don't always work for others.

Thanks again & you too.

15 hours ago, Crikey said:

What makes you think they were true Christians?..Logic it out- you won't find many Christians in places like this..:P-

psycho-house.jpg

What makes you think you are a true christian?  It doesn't matter what I think is a true christian, it matters how someone identifies themselves and from my exploration and experience christianity does not induce a calm, self assured mental aspect unless you never go to church and never read the bible, just try your best to emulate specific stories about "who jesus was"  (not all, you have to cherry pick).   I really don't think you know what you are talking about.

17 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

As an OIF combat vet and PTSD sufferer I can only say what methods worked for me: 30 day Inpatient VA treatment program; follow-up once weekly therapy; follow-up weekly PTSD support groups; Medication; vigorous exercise, especially running; abstinence from alcohol, since at the height of my PTSD prior to entering my VA Trx program I was drinking 2 liters of vodka weekly.

Music helps sometimes but in and of itself would not be effective. I'm not religious so none of that was tried. Oils do nothing except maybe to smell if I had an olfactory induced flashback from diesel fumes or BBQ. LOL. 

Best wishes in your journey.

Peace.

Where did you get your user name Tuco's Gas?

Peace

6 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

What makes you think you are a true christian?...I really don't think you know what you are talking about.

Only God knows what a "true Christian" is, even the great ex-bounty hunter Paul was man enough to say-

"My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me." (1 Cor 4:3)

So all we can do is give it our best shot and keep our fingers crossed that the bouncer will let us in the pearlies. The only surefire thing is that anybody who likes Jesus and calls themselves a Christian has got a helluva better chance of getting in than those who don't..:D

"Yeah, wot 'e sez!"

bouncer-point.jpg

As for me "not knowing what I'm talking about", the feedback I've been getting from people around internetland over the years (below) suggests they're glad to hitch their horses to my wagon and come along for the ride, so I must be doing something right..:P

Spannerose - "I would like you to know that the result of reading your posts I am left with the desire to pick up my bible for the first time in years"

6feetunder- "He knows the truth"

ChildofLight - "So good to read your responses, some are quite witty and made LOL"

HenryS - "You are brilliant in finding appropriate phrases. Another one of your superb emails to store"

Sarah4Jesus - "Listen to him, he is a great teacher"

Kierri - "That was one of the best explanations I've ever heard!"

Haimehenmmli - "I LOVE IT MATE!!! I'm going to put it into my files, with some of my other favorites, from you"

Saipan1777 - "Spot on, bravo"

Ainglkiss - "You write so well. Keep up the great work"

BlessedOne - "Glad to have you here! Jesus is the way!"

MonkGirl - "Wow, thank you! That is really comforting...and all I really needed to hear!"

JeffC - "HELL YEAH! PREACH IT BROTHER, THE REALITY WAY! (LUV YUR STYLE....)

Honeybearx - "This was very good reading thank you"

Benjoman - "Your one of the only ones from the singles board that I still love"

Megan - "I just wanted to tell you that I loved this story, it was very touching"

Sherry Anne - " i love your posts"

Antipas - "Brilliant yet again"

Easynote - "ROFL you are pure class, another of your timeless classics!"

Kermit - "RIGHT ON THE MONEY AND FUNNY, TOO"

Chrysalis55- "Just want to say, I love your posts and your messages not only inspire me, sometimes they make me laugh"

Evenflow- "I just LOVE this post You have made me smile BIG TIME this morning. Good for you and what a great attitude you have to life xx"

Apple Pie - "Come on over to 4church, we could do with your input and your humour"

Lillian - "please come back..it's nice having you on the board"

Edited by Crikey
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Crikey said:

Only God knows what a "true Christian" is, even the great ex-bounty hunter Paul was man enough to say-

"My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me." (1 Cor 4:3)

So all we can do is give it our best shot and keep our fingers crossed that the bouncer will let us in the pearlies. The only surefire thing is that anybody who likes Jesus and calls themselves a Christian has got a helluva better chance of getting in than those who don't..:D

"Yeah, wot 'e sez!"

bouncer-point.jpg

As for me "not knowing what I'm talking about", the feedback I've been getting from people around internetland over the years (below) suggests they're glad to hitch their horses to my wagon and come along for the ride, so I must be doing something right..:P

Spannerose - "I would like you to know that the result of reading your posts I am left with the desire to pick up my bible for the first time in years"

6feetunder- "He knows the truth"

ChildofLight - "So good to read your responses, some are quite witty and made LOL"

HenryS - "You are brilliant in finding appropriate phrases. Another one of your superb emails to store"

Sarah4Jesus - "Listen to him, he is a great teacher"

Kierri - "That was one of the best explanations I've ever heard!"

Haimehenmmli - "I LOVE IT MATE!!! I'm going to put it into my files, with some of my other favorites, from you"

Saipan1777 - "Spot on, bravo"

Ainglkiss - "You write so well. Keep up the great work"

BlessedOne - "Glad to have you here! Jesus is the way!"

MonkGirl - "Wow, thank you! That is really comforting...and all I really needed to hear!"

JeffC - "HELL YEAH! PREACH IT BROTHER, THE REALITY WAY! (LUV YUR STYLE....)

Honeybearx - "This was very good reading thank you"

Benjoman - "Your one of the only ones from the singles board that I still love"

Megan - "I just wanted to tell you that I loved this story, it was very touching"

Sherry Anne - " i love your posts"

Antipas - "Brilliant yet again"

Easynote - "ROFL you are pure class, another of your timeless classics!"

Kermit - "RIGHT ON THE MONEY AND FUNNY, TOO"

Chrysalis55- "Just want to say, I love your posts and your messages not only inspire me, sometimes they make me laugh"

Evenflow- "I just LOVE this post You have made me smile BIG TIME this morning. Good for you and what a great attitude you have to life xx"

Apple Pie - "Come on over to 4church, we could do with your input and your humour"

Lillian - "please come back..it's nice having you on the board"

On this forum or a christian forum?

12 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

On this forum or a christian forum?

On "Religious" forums where people discuss ALL religions, and I'm running rings around them because I have THE POWER..:D

"The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world, they have divine power to demolish strongholds and arguments" (2 Cor 10:4/5)

Tell 'em Reese..

"Listen. Understand. That Crikey is out there, it doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear, and it will not stop coming, not ever"..

Reese.jpg

Edited by Crikey
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Crikey said:

On "Religious" forums where people discuss ALL religions, and I'm running rings around them because I have THE POWER..:D

"The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world, they have divine power to demolish strongholds and arguments" (2 Cor 10:4/5)

Tell 'em Reese..

"Listen. Understand. That Crikey is out there, it doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear, and it will not stop coming, not ever"..

Reese.jpg

So, not on this forum.  You get all the compliments because you claim a lot of things they want to hear on the religious forum that people here don't necessarily believe or have experience as being true.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

So, not on this forum.  You get all the compliments because you claim a lot of things they want to hear on the religious forum that people here don't necessarily believe or have experience as being true.

WHOA BABY! You should see the negative feedback I get from atheists and jesus-rejecters calling me every name under the sun, but I can't post it here because it's full of their cusswords..Also, UM has a policy of "respecting other religions" so I have to let them off the hook, otherwise I'd blow them and their crock beliefs out of the water..:D

crikey-ava.jpg

Edited by Crikey
  • Confused 1