Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Discussion on PTSD

Jujo-jo

11 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

It's really ok, I know better and there is little he can say that would make angery anyway. However, it clearly shows what his game is if you look at any thread he posts in he always does the same thing. He trolls and tries to suck people into his little game because he enjoys the deceptive behavior he uses to twist topics into his way if thinking which is twisted, broken and off topic.

Peace

He seems heavily programmed .....like many.

Save a troll?  I will always plant seeds..  I was a mess myself at one point ....I changed, only with the loving help of others — very grateful for their Forbearance — make haste slowly.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festina_lente

78B43E47-FEA5-4B1E-B6E5-7D82B1610A22.jpeg

Edited by Festina
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

It's really ok, I know better and there is little he can say that would make angery anyway. However, it clearly shows what his game is if you look at any thread he posts in he always does the same thing. He trolls and tries to suck people into his little game because he enjoys the deceptive behavior he uses to twist topics into his way if thinking which is twisted, broken and off topic.

Peace

So what’s you guess on the percentage of the population of the planet that suffers from some kind of  “PTSD”.  I say 95% at different levels. Seems organized Religion is the culprit. 

Edited by Festina
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Festina said:

So what’s you guess on the percentage of the population of the planet that suffers from some kind of  “PTSD”.  I say 95% at different levels. Seems organized Religion is the culprit. 

I am not really certain, to be honest I haven't given that much thought. I know from a military prospective that many US Soldiers suffer from PTSD in varying degrees, and many don't even know what's actually happening to them. I am a good example of that myself, I spent 23 years in the US Army. During that time I was involved in Four Conflicts, and I suffer from PTSD. Somalia was a last major conflict I was involved with before I was diagnosed with PTSD, I was there from 1992 into 1993, when I came home I felt fine and life went on as normal.

Then one night in 1999, I came home and couldn't sleep, this went on for Five Days. Finally I went to a military doctor and took a mental acuity test and they diagnosed with PTSD. The thing I find funny is that none of this started until years after the events that created it happened. It's like during my war time experiences at some point a seed was planted. I think that each conflict allowed that seed to grow in my subconscious mind until one day it just bloomed. 

Now after I retired from the Military I worked as a US Contractor in Iraq, Afghanistan, and before I recently retired Syria. It's kinda amazing that even with PTSD I was able to function very well under some very extreme situations. But, I don't know how this is going to effect me in the future, only time will but one thing is for certain I faced my fears and I triumphed, and I hope long term doing this will help me deal with my PTSD.

Now, I don't really know if Religion can have the same effect because I beleive that PTSD is caused by traumatic experiences. I suppose that maybe if someone is forced and tormented or mentally abused by a religious group that it can have lasting effects. But I think this is something that more commonly would occur when children are frightened into believing a certain Religous doctrine. In this case it's possible that this abuse may carry over into their adult lives, but again I can't back any of this up with proven facts.

But, I am able to keep an open mind about this, and I will give it more thought.

Peace

12 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I am not really certain, to be honest I haven't given that much thought. I know from a military prospective that many US Soldiers suffer from PTSD in varying degrees, and many don't even know what's actually happening to them. I am a good example of that myself, I spent 23 years in the US Army. During that time I was involved in Four Conflicts, and I suffer from PTSD. Somalia was a last major conflict I was involved with before I was diagnosed with PTSD, I was there from 1992 into 1993, when I came home I felt fine and life went on as normal.

Then one night in 1999, I came home and couldn't sleep, this went on for Five Days. Finally I went to a military doctor and took a mental acuity test and they diagnosed with PTSD. The thing I find funny is that none of this started until years after the events that created it happened. It's like during my war time experiences at some point a seed was planted. I think that each conflict allowed that seed to grow in my subconscious mind until one day it just bloomed. 

Now after I retired from the Military I worked as a US Contractor in Iraq, Afghanistan, and before I recently retired Syria. It's kinda amazing that even with PTSD I was able to function very well under some very extreme situations. But, I don't know how this is going to effect me in the future, only time will but one thing is for certain I faced my fears and I triumphed, and I hope long term doing this will help me deal with my PTSD.

Now, I don't really know if Religion can have the same effect because I beleive that PTSD is caused by traumatic experiences. I suppose that maybe if someone is forced and tormented or mentally abused by a religious group that it can have lasting effects. But I think this is something that more commonly would occur when children are frightened into believing a certain Religous doctrine. In this case it's possible that this abuse may carry over into their adult lives, but again I can't back any of this up with proven facts.

But, I am able to keep an open mind about this, and I will give it more thought.

Peace

I’m going to bed now ....I will respond to this tomorrow when I can give the  time that your post deserves. 

Sleep well...and do sleep well. That’s an order! 

AEC122FD-46E3-49A6-B61B-612512E1F4F7.jpeg

Edited by Festina
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

@Festina and @Desertrat56 please stop feeding the Troll he has totally derailed this entire thread. But the worst part is that he is getting some kind of sick satisfaction out of playing these games, hell I would bet he isn't even really a Christian.

Manwon you're a combat veteran who spent 23 years in the US Army, and you say you've got PTSD. I don't know if you've got some sort of guilt complex or what, but I was hoping the pictures of combat troops that I've been posting would give you some PRIDE in being an ex-soldier and help dispel your PTSD.

In your place I'd be bragging non-stop about facing down the enemy..:D

"Dad, why did you become an infantryman and not a pilot or tankman or artilleryman or sailor?"

"Because only the infantry meet the enemy up close son, face to face"

Soldier-and-son_zpsdrsymhyh.jpg~original 

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Festina said:

I’m going to bed now ....I will respond to this tomorrow when I can give the  time that your post deserves. 

Sleep well...and do sleep well. That’s an order! 

AEC122FD-46E3-49A6-B61B-612512E1F4F7.jpeg

I will try, but that's something that I can never count on. If I get between 4 and 5 hours of sleep that's a great night. I hope you sleep well, that's my wish for you.

Peace

2 hours ago, Festina said:

Much evidence suggests the so-callled biblical Paul of Tarsus was in reality Apollonius of Tyana, a teacher of the the Essenes.

We know that Saul (who later renamed himself Paul) was at first a bounty hunter on the payroll of the snooty priests, tasked with rounding up Christians for punishment but later became a Christian himself, singing from the same song sheet as Jesus, so he seems an alright guy..:D

9 minutes ago, Crikey said:

Manwon you're a combat veteran who spent 23 years in the US Army, and you say you've got PTSD. I don't know if you've got some sort of guilt complex or what, but I was hoping the pictures of combat troops that I've been posting would give you some PRIDE in being an ex-soldier and help dispel your PTSD.

In your place I'd be bragging non-stop about facing down the enemy..:D

"Dad, why did you become an infantryman and not a pilot or tankman or artilleryman or sailor?"

"Because only the infantry meet the enemy up close son, face to face"

Soldier-and-son_zpsdrsymhyh.jpg~original 

This is the last time I will ever answer any response you make to me. There is nothing to Bragg about, killing people isn't anything to be proud of. The only thing that kept me going during bad situations was concern for my soldiers. That's how I justify what I had to do, making certain they came home was all I ever cared about, that is more important and fulfilling than anything else. But, I seriously doubt you can process and understand that, and that's very sad. But one thing is certain, I am very proud of what I have accomplished and just to be clear I have never done anything I couldn't be proud of.

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I will try, but that's something that I can never count on. If I get between 4 and 5 hours of sleep that's a great night. I hope you sleep well, that's my wish for you.

Peace

Didn’t I say say it was an order?  :D No TV. 

Edited by Festina
  • Haha 1

Did some good therapy for the heart, mind & soul over the weekend, here is one of the three I've done (painted trash baskets and bins... very good therapy! )

Resized_20200223_155325_compress56.jpg

Edited by Jujo-jo
  • Like 2

Just now, Jujo-jo said:

Resized_20200224_101052.jpeg

I call this one anger. Lol

Not really my general style or color choice but sometimes mood has a way of expressing itself. This one I started in the fall but I put the finishing touches on and brightened it up some with the butterflies.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Jujo-jo said:

Did some good therapy for the heart, mind & soul over the weekend, here is one of the three I've done (painted trash baskets and bins... very good therapy! )

Resized_20200223_155325_compress56.jpg

I make take that idea!

Seems like a cool project and a cheap way to have big canvases.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I make take that idea!

Seems like a cool project and a cheap way to have big canvases.

Yes and it's fun too, but the best part is that it takes your mind off things.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jujo-jo said:

What sort of paint did you use for it? Oil, watercolor, etc?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Acrylic and when I'm done I spray it with a can of sealer to help prevent wear and tear and scratching.

Need to be careful cuz if it's on white sometimes it has a dingy yellow tint after spraying.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Jujo-jo said:

Maybe I'm becoming too much of a hippie lol, but I also like the philosophical idea of turning something we use for our waste into something beautiful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Hairspray works just as well but need to spray it annually but it does not discolor your work.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

Maybe I'm becoming too much of a hippie lol, but I also like the philosophical idea of turning something we use for our waste into something beautiful.

That was the whole point 8yrs. ago lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Kitty litter is a stinking, messy, ugly job so might as well bring some beauty in on the event. Lol (was my thought lol)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I am feeling pretty great lately in this area of my life actually... lol

No triggers, no visuals of people who are triggers, the stalking is at an all time low, next to none at all, pretty much zero incidents at this time, its AWSOME! I'm loving this quarantine order! Might just give me the time I need to heal just a bit more.

Oh and the video conferences with my therapist is going well, I'm down to once every other week instead of weekly. It has been peaceful which I was desperately needing.

• Like 3