Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Jujo-jo

Discussion on PTSD

219 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Crikey
10 minutes ago, Festina said:

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is LOVE..

Yeah, somebody should have reminded Hitler, Yamamoto and Bin Laden of that before they went on their killing sprees against us..:D

THEY started looking for trouble, so we had to tell them- 

 

Edited by Crikey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Crikey
15 minutes ago, Festina said:

Eagles and lions are predators.

Better to be an eagle or lion than a snowflake..:P

No offence, but are you a Jehovah's Witness darling? They (and some other cults) refuse to fight in wars and would let our enemies walk all over us.

Hey Mr. Wayne, would you let enemies walk all over you?

"That'll be the day"

Wayne-rif-col_zps34717eb4.jpg~original

Edited by Crikey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender

@Festina and @Desertrat56 please stop feeding the Troll he has totally derailed this entire thread. But the worst part is that he is getting some kind of sick satisfaction out of playing these games, hell I would bet he isn't even really a Christian.

Peace Youall.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Festina
Just now, Crikey said:

Are you a Jehovah's Witness darling? They (and some other cults) refuse to fight in wars and would let our enemies walk all over us.

Hey Mr. Wayne, would you let enemies walk all over you?

"That'll be the day"

Wayne-rif-col_zps34717eb4.jpg~original

I’m a heathen, perhaps an Apollonian — Apollonius of Tyana was vehemently opposed to blood sacrifice as I Am and believed in the transmigration of the soul as I Do and as Johnny Cash did. Apollonius Of Tyana understood.  Much evidence suggests the so-callled biblical Paul of Tarsus was in reality Apollonius of Tyana, a teacher of the the Essenes. 

https://classicalwisdom.com/people/philosophers/apollonius-of-tyana-the-pagan-jesus-christ/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Festina
3 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

@Festina and @Desertrat56 please stop feeding the Troll he has totally derailed this entire thread. But the worst part is that he is getting some kind of sick satisfaction out of playing these games, hell I would bet he isn't even really a Christian.

Peace Youall.

Okay. Thank you. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
37 minutes ago, Festina said:

Okay. Thank you. 

I have tried to carry on a positive conversation with him, and I have found it's impossible. I washed my hands of him last night when he made the comment that my wife was a mail order bride. He's  only here for one reason and that is to pull people chains, it's really kinda sad.

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Festina
10 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I have tried to carry on a positive conversation with him, and I have found it's impossible. I washed my hands of him last night when he made the comment that my wife was a mail order bride. He's  only here for one reason and that is to pull people chains, it's really kinda sad.

Peace

Oh dear.  And it is sad. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
2 minutes ago, Festina said:

Oh dear.  And it is sad. 

It's really ok, I know better and there is little he can say that would make angery anyway. However, it clearly shows what his game is if you look at any thread he posts in he always does the same thing. He trolls and tries to suck people into his little game because he enjoys the deceptive behavior he uses to twist topics into his way if thinking which is twisted, broken and off topic.

Peace

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Festina
11 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

It's really ok, I know better and there is little he can say that would make angery anyway. However, it clearly shows what his game is if you look at any thread he posts in he always does the same thing. He trolls and tries to suck people into his little game because he enjoys the deceptive behavior he uses to twist topics into his way if thinking which is twisted, broken and off topic.

Peace

He seems heavily programmed .....like many.

Save a troll?  I will always plant seeds..  I was a mess myself at one point ....I changed, only with the loving help of others — very grateful for their Forbearance — make haste slowly.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festina_lente

 

 

 

 

78B43E47-FEA5-4B1E-B6E5-7D82B1610A22.jpeg

Edited by Festina
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Festina
19 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

It's really ok, I know better and there is little he can say that would make angery anyway. However, it clearly shows what his game is if you look at any thread he posts in he always does the same thing. He trolls and tries to suck people into his little game because he enjoys the deceptive behavior he uses to twist topics into his way if thinking which is twisted, broken and off topic.

Peace

So what’s you guess on the percentage of the population of the planet that suffers from some kind of  “PTSD”.  I say 95% at different levels. Seems organized Religion is the culprit. 

Edited by Festina
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
4 minutes ago, Festina said:

So what’s you guess on the percentage of the population of the planet that suffers from some kind of  “PTSD”.  I say 95% at different levels. Seems organized Religion is the culprit. 

I am not really certain, to be honest I haven't given that much thought. I know from a military prospective that many US Soldiers suffer from PTSD in varying degrees, and many don't even know what's actually happening to them. I am a good example of that myself, I spent 23 years in the US Army. During that time I was involved in Four Conflicts, and I suffer from PTSD. Somalia was a last major conflict I was involved with before I was diagnosed with PTSD, I was there from 1992 into 1993, when I came home I felt fine and life went on as normal.

Then one night in 1999, I came home and couldn't sleep, this went on for Five Days. Finally I went to a military doctor and took a mental acuity test and they diagnosed with PTSD. The thing I find funny is that none of this started until years after the events that created it happened. It's like during my war time experiences at some point a seed was planted. I think that each conflict allowed that seed to grow in my subconscious mind until one day it just bloomed. 

Now after I retired from the Military I worked as a US Contractor in Iraq, Afghanistan, and before I recently retired Syria. It's kinda amazing that even with PTSD I was able to function very well under some very extreme situations. But, I don't know how this is going to effect me in the future, only time will but one thing is for certain I faced my fears and I triumphed, and I hope long term doing this will help me deal with my PTSD.

Now, I don't really know if Religion can have the same effect because I beleive that PTSD is caused by traumatic experiences. I suppose that maybe if someone is forced and tormented or mentally abused by a religious group that it can have lasting effects. But I think this is something that more commonly would occur when children are frightened into believing a certain Religous doctrine. In this case it's possible that this abuse may carry over into their adult lives, but again I can't back any of this up with proven facts.

But, I am able to keep an open mind about this, and I will give it more thought.

Peace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Festina
12 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I am not really certain, to be honest I haven't given that much thought. I know from a military prospective that many US Soldiers suffer from PTSD in varying degrees, and many don't even know what's actually happening to them. I am a good example of that myself, I spent 23 years in the US Army. During that time I was involved in Four Conflicts, and I suffer from PTSD. Somalia was a last major conflict I was involved with before I was diagnosed with PTSD, I was there from 1992 into 1993, when I came home I felt fine and life went on as normal.

Then one night in 1999, I came home and couldn't sleep, this went on for Five Days. Finally I went to a military doctor and took a mental acuity test and they diagnosed with PTSD. The thing I find funny is that none of this started until years after the events that created it happened. It's like during my war time experiences at some point a seed was planted. I think that each conflict allowed that seed to grow in my subconscious mind until one day it just bloomed. 

Now after I retired from the Military I worked as a US Contractor in Iraq, Afghanistan, and before I recently retired Syria. It's kinda amazing that even with PTSD I was able to function very well under some very extreme situations. But, I don't know how this is going to effect me in the future, only time will but one thing is for certain I faced my fears and I triumphed, and I hope long term doing this will help me deal with my PTSD.

Now, I don't really know if Religion can have the same effect because I beleive that PTSD is caused by traumatic experiences. I suppose that maybe if someone is forced and tormented or mentally abused by a religious group that it can have lasting effects. But I think this is something that more commonly would occur when children are frightened into believing a certain Religous doctrine. In this case it's possible that this abuse may carry over into their adult lives, but again I can't back any of this up with proven facts.

But, I am able to keep an open mind about this, and I will give it more thought.

Peace

I’m going to bed now ....I will respond to this tomorrow when I can give the  time that your post deserves. 

Sleep well...and do sleep well. That’s an order! 

 

AEC122FD-46E3-49A6-B61B-612512E1F4F7.jpeg

Edited by Festina
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Crikey
2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

@Festina and @Desertrat56 please stop feeding the Troll he has totally derailed this entire thread. But the worst part is that he is getting some kind of sick satisfaction out of playing these games, hell I would bet he isn't even really a Christian.

Manwon you're a combat veteran who spent 23 years in the US Army, and you say you've got PTSD. I don't know if you've got some sort of guilt complex or what, but I was hoping the pictures of combat troops that I've been posting would give you some PRIDE in being an ex-soldier and help dispel your PTSD.

In your place I'd be bragging non-stop about facing down the enemy..:D

"Dad, why did you become an infantryman and not a pilot or tankman or artilleryman or sailor?"

"Because only the infantry meet the enemy up close son, face to face"

Soldier-and-son_zpsdrsymhyh.jpg~original 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
21 minutes ago, Festina said:

I’m going to bed now ....I will respond to this tomorrow when I can give the  time that your post deserves. 

Sleep well...and do sleep well. That’s an order! 

 

AEC122FD-46E3-49A6-B61B-612512E1F4F7.jpeg

I will try, but that's something that I can never count on. If I get between 4 and 5 hours of sleep that's a great night. I hope you sleep well, that's my wish for you.

Peace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crikey
2 hours ago, Festina said:

 Much evidence suggests the so-callled biblical Paul of Tarsus was in reality Apollonius of Tyana, a teacher of the the Essenes.

We know that Saul (who later renamed himself Paul) was at first a bounty hunter on the payroll of the snooty priests, tasked with rounding up Christians for punishment but later became a Christian himself, singing from the same song sheet as Jesus, so he seems an alright guy..:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
9 minutes ago, Crikey said:

Manwon you're a combat veteran who spent 23 years in the US Army, and you say you've got PTSD. I don't know if you've got some sort of guilt complex or what, but I was hoping the pictures of combat troops that I've been posting would give you some PRIDE in being an ex-soldier and help dispel your PTSD.

In your place I'd be bragging non-stop about facing down the enemy..:D

"Dad, why did you become an infantryman and not a pilot or tankman or artilleryman or sailor?"

"Because only the infantry meet the enemy up close son, face to face"

Soldier-and-son_zpsdrsymhyh.jpg~original 

This is the last time I will ever answer any response you make to me. There is nothing to Bragg about, killing people isn't anything to be proud of. The only thing that kept me going during bad situations was concern for my soldiers. That's how I justify what I had to do, making certain they came home was all I ever cared about, that is more important and fulfilling than anything else. But, I seriously doubt you can process and understand that, and that's very sad. But one thing is certain, I am very proud of what I have accomplished and just to be clear I have never done anything I couldn't be proud of.

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Festina
12 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I will try, but that's something that I can never count on. If I get between 4 and 5 hours of sleep that's a great night. I hope you sleep well, that's my wish for you.

Peace

Didn’t I say say it was an order?  :D No TV. 

 

 

Edited by Festina
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crikey
11 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

There is nothing to Bragg about, killing people isn't anything to be proud of. The only thing that kept me going during bad situations was concern for my soldiers. That's how I justify what I had to do, making certain they came home was all I ever cared about, that is more important and fulfilling than anything else. But, I seriously doubt you can process and understand that, and that's very sad..

But if somebody's trying to kill you, you're fully justified in killing them first, or would you rather have your wife and kids weeping at your graveside in Arlington?

Anyway heathen terrorists deserve no mercy, they deserve payback for 9/11..:D

"Ungodly men are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed.." (Bible:2 Peter 2:12)

tucker2_zps8nx415wg.jpg~original

 

Edited by Crikey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crikey
2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I have tried to carry on a positive conversation with him, and I have found it's impossible. I washed my hands of him last night when he made the comment that my wife was a mail order bride. He's  only here for one reason and that is to pull people chains, it's really kinda sad.

 

Mate, my tremendous spiritual POWER and good humour rubs off on people and gives them a warm fuzzy feeling, but sadly there are also those who are so riddled with personal demons that they dislike me and christianity in general, and there's not much hope for them til they break the demons hold by lightening up a little..Also, their medicine cabinet should include a bottle of "Jesus pills", he's the best cure for PTSD and insomnia and everything else..:D

med-cabinet.jpg

Edited by Crikey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.