Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The four UFO questions that need answers

Eldorado

"He told Metro: ‘We’ve recently passed the second anniversary of the New York Times story revealing the existence of the Pentagon’s AATIP (Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program) initiative, and in those last 2 years the UFO phenomenon has come out of the fringe and into the mainstream.

"‘Expectations are high that 2020 will bring further bombshell revelations, but it’s difficult for the UFO community and the wider public to navigate this complex story.

"There’s information overload, with so much data that most people struggle to identify the parts of the story that are not just interesting, but important.

"‘To help people focus on the key issues, I’ve used my insider knowledge of having run the UK government’s UFO project to identify four critical questions. The answers would clear up much of the confusion.’"

Full monty at the UK Metro: https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/06/four-questions-need-answered-2020-solve-mystery-ufos-11965362/

Hear Mr Pope at Twitter (35secs clip): https://twitter.com/nickpopemod/status/1199721232188375040?

• Like 1

Hard scientific peer reviwed evidence. 

Thats what we need.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Hazzard said:

Hard scientific peer reviwed evidence. 

Thats what we need.

That’s hard when the mainstream scientist see it as a giant joke or don’t want their reputations destroyed by peers for doing so.

its similar to how there’s medical benefits/insights to marijuana but since it’s illegal federally, scientist won’t/ can’t study it. 

I've recently concluded that there are two types of Alien craft:  Piloted UFO's and remotely controlled probes.

32 minutes ago, AstralHorus said:

That’s hard when the mainstream scientist see it as a giant joke or don’t want their reputations destroyed by peers for doing so.

its similar to how there’s medical benefits/insights to marijuana but since it’s illegal federally, scientist won’t/ can’t study it. 

I know people doing research in other drugs so a quick showed what I expected and there is plenty of research on marijuana.

https://www.livescience.com/48171-marijuana-research-health-effects-review.html

The reason I believe scientists do not want to get into UFOs is that it is a giant joke with opinions being presented as fact. If there were something tangible then there would be something to research.

About as close to UFOs as studies get are studies into why witnesses make mistakes and how human memory works. There are also searches as those done by SETI.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I know people doing research in other drugs so a quick showed what I expected and there is plenty of research on marijuana.

https://www.livescience.com/48171-marijuana-research-health-effects-review.html

The reason I believe scientists do not want to get into UFOs is that it is a giant joke with opinions being presented as fact. If there were something tangible then there would be something to research.

About as close to UFOs as studies get are studies into why witnesses make mistakes and how human memory works. There are also searches as those done by SETI.

There is some but it pales in what could be done, when many scientists are on the record saying marijuana is more of a problem than opioids. 

sure there’s many cases that are bogus fan fiction but even then many people who look into the subject say there’s at 1-3% of cases that can’t be explained away. Like people being abducted from a farm in Brazil who ended up having radiation burns. Or the fire in the sky incident. But hey I’m not telling u to believe anything just saying my opinion which seems everyone on here as a problem with other people’s opinions think it’s time for a break 

• Like 1

Nick Pope? has some questions that need answers? This has never happened before. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, AstralHorus said:

There is some but it pales in what could be done, when many scientists are on the record saying marijuana is more of a problem than opioids. 

sure there’s many cases that are bogus fan fiction but even then many people who look into the subject say there’s at 1-3% of cases that can’t be explained away. Like people being abducted from a farm in Brazil who ended up having radiation burns. Or the fire in the sky incident. But hey I’m not telling u to believe anything just saying my opinion which seems everyone on here as a problem with other people’s opinions think it’s time for a break 

I don't think much of the fire in the sky incident. Clearly, it was convenient that it saved these guys who were behind schedule a lot of cash. None of the family members were worried and sure enough Travis returns unscathed.

I've never seen any evidence that the burns were due to radiation. I've seen it stated as if it was fact. Cases where bedding was damaged, the damage was easily replicated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, acute said:

I've recently concluded that there are two types of Alien craft:  Piloted UFO's and remotely controlled probes.

Why stop there!? ... How about biological spacetraveling entities or what about the AI self replicating Von Neumann probes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AstralHorus said:

And whos fault is that... A quick look around this place should give you a good idea whos to blame.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AstralHorus said:

That's the risk when the evidence is nothing more than blurry photographs, amateur video, and eyewitness testimony that changes. Any reputable scientist can find something better to do with their time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, astrobeing said:

That's the risk when the evidence is nothing more than blurry photographs, amateur video, and eyewitness testimony that changes. Any reputable scientist can find something better to do with their time.

Don't forget the endless line of hoaxes and outright lies.

On 1/7/2020 at 12:24 AM, AstralHorus said:

Well, your second claim is clearly false.

As for the first, and to keep it ontopic - what cases would you recommend as needing scientific study?  Start with the best, please.

And allow me to answer Nick, who I regard as one of the worst examples of those who damage ufology with their wide-eyed and silly questions, most of which have been answered anyway:

1. What is the US Government’s current ‘best assessment’ of the objects depicted in the 3 US Navy videos?

They don't have one, lots of things remain unidentified from this sort of footage.  It's a stupid request, plus the objects shown do NOT, I repeat do NOT show any unexplainable behavior, shape or size.  The "To The Stars" videos show NOTHING of non-terrestrial origin. 

2. What’s the truth about the ‘metamaterials’?

This was a completely unsupported claim from our friend and proven liar, Luis Elizondo (again, from the ludicrous "To The Stars" scam organisation).  He claims that the Bigelow company has alien technology.  It's a stupid, laughable claim that has no supporting evidence whatsoever.

3. Why is the Pentagon walking back on its earlier admission that AATIP investigated UAP?

It's clear that AATIP and "To The Stars" were a disaster of epic proportions - they were taken in by Elizondo.  No wonder that the Defence dept shut the program down and wants to pretend it never happened.

4. What’s the status of Congressional interest in all this?

Seriously????  What sort of dumbass question is that?  Congress likely has very little interest whatsoever, and if / when they do, they will announce it when ready.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Thanks 2