Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
The Truman show

Bolton ready to testify in Trump impeachment

The Truman show

John Bolton ready to testify in Trump impeachment trial

Former White House National Security Adviser John Bolton says he is willing to testify at President Donald Trump's impeachment trial in the Senate.

"I have concluded that, if the Senate issues a subpoena for my testimony, I am prepared to testify," Mr Bolton said in a statement.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51012941

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Montmorency the Dog

Will he be happy to pout the knife into his former boss*, or, now that The Don is doing just what he wants (provoking Iran as far as he can go), will he be happy to see the hapless idiot remain in office as a puppet figurehead while the real power, Pompeo, steers the "President" onto the rocks of disaster? We must never underestimate just how cunning and devious these people are.

* I called The Don his boss! :rofl:

• Like 5

and then

I heard today that Schiff is going to reopen the inquiry so the R's in the Senate should just dismiss what has been done up to now and let the D's drag the country through the whole process again.  Graham and McConnel need to change the Senate rules just as Pelosi has unilaterally changed the House rules.  This farce needs to be ended.  But since Pelosi has held onto the articles, the Senate needs to adjudicate from their side.  The worst that happens is the D's keep their word and Impeach again.  

I think that as we stand near the edge of another shooting war, this time with Iran, the American public is going to become angry over this nonsense and they are going to see this effort as a witch hunt.  If Bolton decides to testify about things that are covered under the claim of executive privilege then Trump just needs to ask the USSC for an injunction and a ruling before Bolton can ignore that request.

• Like 1

Raptor Witness

This impeachment trial reminds me of a clip from the movie Constantine ... and the resulting behavior of the accused ... The Keep.

• Like 1

joc
5 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

the real power, Pompeo

Maybe you should rethink your name...Dumbledore the Delusional I think is more fitting.  :)

• Haha 1

Farmer77
6 hours ago, and then said:

If Bolton decides to testify about things that are covered under the claim of executive privilege then Trump just needs to ask the USSC for an injunction and a ruling before Bolton can ignore that request

Weren't you guys demanding first hand testimony? 

Now you're cheering that first hand testimony being buried. 

It's becoming undeniable at this point. 

Just come out and admit the law no longer matters to you, the Constitution no longer matters to you and America no longer matters to you. Just "winning" for the dear leader.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

RoofGardener
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Former White House National Security Adviser John Bolton says he is willing to testify at President Donald Trump's impeachment trial in the Senate.

"I have concluded that, if the Senate issues a subpoena for my testimony, I am prepared to testify," Mr Bolton said in a statement.

Hmm... this is hardly news, is it ? 

If John Bolton, or anybody else short of Jesus Christ, is issued with a subpoena by the Senate, then OBVIOUSLY they will testify. I mean, what else can they do ? Go to prison ? 

"I have concluded that, if somebody drives their car over my foot, I am prepared to be hurt". 

"I have concluded that, if somebody shines a light in my eyes, I am prepared to be dazzled"

"I have concluded that, if asked a question, I am prepared to state the bleedin' obvious ! "

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Manwon Lender
6 hours ago, and then said:

I heard today that Schiff is going to reopen the inquiry so the R's in the Senate should just dismiss what has been done up to now and let the D's drag the country through the whole process again.  Graham and McConnel need to change the Senate rules just as Pelosi has unilaterally changed the House rules.  This farce needs to be ended.  But since Pelosi has held onto the articles, the Senate needs to adjudicate from their side.  The worst that happens is the D's keep their word and Impeach again.  

I think that as we stand near the edge of another shooting war, this time with Iran, the American public is going to become angry over this nonsense and they are going to see this effort as a witch hunt.  If Bolton decides to testify about things that are covered under the claim of executive privilege then Trump just needs to ask the USSC for an injunction and a ruling before Bolton can ignore that request.

No matter what it seems like at this point, I think Boltens testimony is going to be interesting, better get the popcorn ready.

peace

Manwon Lender
4 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

If John Bolton, or anybody else short of Jesus Christ, is issued with a subpoena by the Senate, then OBVIOUSLY they will testify. I mean, what else can they do ? Go to prison ? 

Well many were subpoenaed by Congress and no one went to jail for not showing up, are saying the Senate has more power or is there a double standard.

peace

Manwon Lender
8 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

I hope he does, but I doubt they would call some one who doesn't support their cause. If he does testify it's time to get out the popcorn because it is going to be interesting.

peace

• Like 1

RoofGardener
19 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Well many were subpoenaed by Congress and no one went to jail for not showing up, are saying the Senate has more power or is there a double standard.

peace

Hmm.. no idea ? 

Are you SURE that people where subpeonaed, and then didn't turn up ? 

Manwon Lender
1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.. no idea ? 

Are you SURE that people where subpeonaed, and then didn't turn up ? 

Positively, President Trump apparently wouldn't allow White House personnel to testify. You don't remember, I know you posted to all the impeachment threads and that was a major topic of discussion.

Peace

DieChecker

I'd not be so quick if I was a Dem Leader. They have no idea what he wants to say. Could be he undermines their previous witnesses.

Regardless, any testimony cant be added to the existing impeachment articles. Unless they are withdrawn, which has never happened before and WILL make the existing impeachment look like a kangaroo court.

And I doubt the Senate will allow witnesses for the prosecution to be heard on an existing article of impeachment.

Bolton basically looks good, but has little downside and little chance he'll actually be called out.

The Truman show
13 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

"I have concluded that, if somebody drives their car over my foot, I am prepared to be hurt". 

"I have concluded that, if somebody shines a light in my eyes, I am prepared to be dazzled"

"I have concluded that, if asked a question, I am prepared to state the bleedin' obvious ! "

Bolton is offering information. If the senate says no testimony then Bolton goes straight to the press and publisher and I guess the Democrats can redo another impeachment. 

• Like 3

Farmer77
On 1/7/2020 at 1:06 PM, DieChecker said:

And I doubt the Senate will allow witnesses for the prosecution to be heard on an existing article of impeachment.

Yeah its pretty sad.

• Like 2

Raptor Witness
On 1/7/2020 at 2:24 AM, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Will he be happy to pout the knife into his former boss*, or, now that The Don is doing just what he wants (provoking Iran as far as he can go), will he be happy to see the hapless idiot remain in office as a puppet figurehead while the real power, Pompeo, steers the "President" onto the rocks of disaster? We must never underestimate just how cunning and devious these people are.

* I called The Don his boss! :rofl:

I too wonder if the neocons are ready to wash their hands of Trump, in favor of their super puppet, Mike Pence.  I honestly can imagine anything worse, but I'll take a super puppet over a maniac, any day.

• Like 1