Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery after SUV filmed driving off cliff

Eldorado

did even look like she hit the brakes, but can't really tell from video. there was no dust anyway.  could have been medical issue or suicide, or just distracted I guess. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

On 1/14/2020 at 2:58 PM, Eldorado said:

Latest:

Investigators, Bay Area experts reassure skeptical public that crash was not a hoax

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/01/13/san-mateo-county-cliff-crash-video-mystery-real-or-deepfake/

I could not find anything linking this case to be a hoax.    Some car parts were said to have washed up on a nearby beach, but they could not definitely link them to the car that went over the cliff.   This is a mystery.

• Like 1

Once I was driving (night) northbound on I=95, I think just north of Ft Lauderdale and it looked as though a Mercedes driver must have accidentally shifted into reverse on an overpass. It immediately took off backward, across 3 lanes and down over the side, crossing an off ramp. It was a steep bank, so once it went over, it was gone. I also remember in WPB seeing an old couple commit suicide by train. I watched the entire thing. It was surreal. After, I call 911 and they tell me to go over and check the occupants to see if they are dead. i did and found a man who must have been easy 85. His wife was pressed against his side with her head in his shoulder. Must be she lived long enough crawl over to him and do that, because it looked intentional. It was very traumatizing to say the least.

• Sad 1

• 2 years later...

Same area as this previous vehicle that drove off the cliff..

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/devils-slide-tesla-crash-was-intentional-driver-arrested-for-attempted-murder-chp/

SAN MATEO COUNTY, Calif. (KRON) — The driver of a Tesla that crashed off Highway 1 in San Mateo County Monday was arrested for attempted murder and child abuse, California Highway Patrol said Tuesday. Investigators believe the man crashed the car, which was carrying two young children, intentionally.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

Same area as this previous vehicle that drove off the cliff..

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/devils-slide-tesla-crash-was-intentional-driver-arrested-for-attempted-murder-chp/

SAN MATEO COUNTY, Calif. (KRON) — The driver of a Tesla that crashed off Highway 1 in San Mateo County Monday was arrested for attempted murder and child abuse, California Highway Patrol said Tuesday. Investigators believe the man crashed the car, which was carrying two young children, intentionally.

I wonder if he will claim the car was driving as a defense?

• Like 1