Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iranian Retaliation

DarkHunter

Iraqi state media is now saying Iranian jets have entered Iraq airspace.

Honestly I have no idea what to make of that, the Iranian airforce is ancient, mostly made up of F-4 phantoms using locally made parts to fly, a few F-14 Tomcats, and random Soviet planes captured during the Iran-Iraq war which only a few even have functional weapon systems.  If Iran is trying to bomb targets it will be a suicide run so not sure if true or not due to how bizarre it is.

• Like 1

Everyone is in the situation room by what CBS is reporting on the live link. This is going to be a long night.

Iran just issued a threat saying if America retaliates the third wave of attacks will destroy Dubai and Haifa 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Gawd, what are you on steroids or something? :blink:

It's like a tail wagging dog contest. But with a complete disregard of casualties and human life. That dude probably doesn't care about the price of putting US troops in harm's way, only to satisfy his ego.

Edited by crookedspiral

6 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Honestly I have no idea what to make of that, the Iranian airforce is ancient, mostly made up of F-4 phantoms using locally made parts to fly, a few F-14 Tomcats, and random Soviet planes captured during the Iran-Iraq war which only a few even have functional weapon systems.  If Iran is trying to bomb targets it will be a suicide run so not sure if true or not due to how bizarre it is.

They can still hit quite hard.

jets.png

planes.png

Edited by Aaron2016

3 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

Most of them were supplied by Russia.

jets.png

planes.png

Of all those models combined they have 10 aircraft in total while having around 63 F-4 Phantoms and I believe 23 F-14 Tomcats

Edited by DarkHunter

5 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Iran just issued a threat saying if America retaliates the third wave of attacks will destroy Dubai and Haifa 

That will bring on big trouble.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, susieice said:

Probably just empty threats, Iran has little to gain from expanding the conflict and is probably hoping to just limit American retaliation 

• Like 1

CBS just said we will be hearing from Trump on television but didn't say when.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

They may have converted them to unmanned drones.  I can't imagine they'd suicide their pilots.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, susieice said:

It's either bluster or we are seeing an 80 year old religious fanatic losing his mind in real-time.  Who, in that government would stand up to him?  Who even COULD?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, and then said:

They may have converted them to unmanned drones.  I can't imagine they'd suicide their pilots.

Havent really heard much more about it, there are reports of American jets being all over Iraq currently though.  Thinking it may just be inaccurate reporting from all the confusion going on 

• Like 2

Also airlines are starting to divert flights away and around Iranian airspace, that is massive as that cost airlines a ton of money and is only done when the airlines expect something really bad to happen 

• Like 2

CBS is reporting the missiles by the US Consulate in Erbil landed far to the north. The area around the Consulate is calm. They are hearing of no US casualties. They also say Irani Revolutionary Guards have said they will attack neighboring countries that had anything to do with this, I think he meant the killing of Soleimani.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

Events that occurred on this day in history.

1953 - President Truman announces America has developed the Hydrogen bomb.

1999 - President Clinton's Impeachment trial begins.

1959 - US Government recognizes new Cuban government led by Fidel Castro.

1892 - Mine explodes in Oklahoma.

2015 - Terrorist attack in France.  Charlie Hebdo offices fatally targeted after they published drawing making fun of prophet Muhammad.

1789 - Electoral College is chosen to vote in the very first Presidential election.

2020 - …………………………………………………………………..

11 minutes ago, and then said:

It's either bluster or we are seeing an 80 year old religious fanatic losing his mind in real-time.  Who, in that government would stand up to him?  Who even COULD?

Well he was sobbing like a baby yesterday so there's that... Doubt he's operating with a clear conscience ATM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, acidhead said:

Well he was sobbing like a baby yesterday so there's that... Doubt he's operating with a clear conscience ATM

That he was. Iran is running on pure emotion imho.

• Like 3

Yeah, that's about what I figured...Iran throws a few missiles at US targets...careful not to kill anyone...and calls it done...probably report to their citizens that thousands of US casualties happened and that Trump is considering surrendering to Iran.

What a bunch of jokesters!   We have launched missiles in retaliation!  We have won the war!  Nothing to see here...go back to your little villages and mourn Salameani and rejoice that the Great Satan is dead.

CBS just said Trump won't be making any statements tonight. He isn't even on Twitter. 

Yes.. this whole "if you retaliate we'll harm others who have nothing to do with our disagreement" nonesense

• Like 2

It makes me wonder what kind of emotion.  After all, this is the same nation that used thousands of CHILDREN from 8 years-old on, to march through landmines to clear the way for tanks.  They gave them colored plastic "keys" to paradise.  That is the mentality we are dealing with.  These old men and their religion are EVIL.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

CBS just said Trump won't be making any statements tonight. He isn't even on Twitter. 

Trump not being on twitter is rather concerning 

• Like 3