Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iranian Retaliation

DarkHunter

15 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

for one American we should kill at a minimum of 10 of their people.

it's time to end it once and for all and to show the rest of the world how we are going to deal with terrorist nation or individuals. Fear is the best way to deal with this problem, by Nuking the Irainians into submission the rest of the terrorist organisations will think twice about attacking US Targets anywhere in the world

That is without a doubt the most imbecilic, irrational, moronic and just plain stupidest thing I have read in quite a while.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gromdor said:

Weren't we on hi-alert with our missile defense systems in place?

We were, some reports that American troops were able to track the missiles in real time and were able to take cover before they impacted.

Still rumors of injured and killed Americans from a few sources, so far official American sources have only said Iraqis died and nothing on of Americans were injured

• Like 2

Americans increasingly critical of Trump's record on Iran, most expect war

The national opinion poll found that 53% of adults in the U.S. disapprove of Trump's handling of Iran, which is an increase of about 9 percentage points from a similar poll that ran in the middle of December.

I wonder what the percentage will be after today.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, acidhead said:

CNN   Complete Nonsense Network

• Like 2

Just now, Habitat said:

This  really is the moment of truth for Trump and his thralls. He has boxed himself in with careless talk, that is now limiting his options.

:) "thralls"?  You couldn't say, oh, supporters...voters... Americans?  I'd say the real moment of truth is for Iran.  His "careless" talk motivates your ire but Iran's regime promises to launch against uninvolved non-combatants doesn't?  Dumbleedore finally got to you, eh?  :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, justin3651 said:

I do agree with strong retaliation but a nuke and/or destroying their capital is a bit much. Bombing out their military installations and military assets and maybe some targeted missle kills of various leaders would suffice at this point imo.

I agree, the use of a nuke is way way over the top.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, and then said:

:) "thralls"?  You couldn't say, oh, supporters...voters... Americans?  I'd say the real moment of truth is for Iran.  His "careless" talk motivates your ire but Iran's regime promises to launch against uninvolved non-combatants doesn't?  Dumbleedore finally got to you, eh?  :P

he boxed himself in by saying any retaliation would bring a concerted attack on 52 sites, that retaliation has come. What is there to think about ?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Habitat said:

he boxed himself in by saying any retaliation would bring a concerted attack on 52 sites, that retaliation has come. What is there to think about ?

The night is young

• Like 3

Just now, Habitat said:

If you are going to quote Trump...then quote him...I want to see the quote where he said that.   He said that we had 52 targets....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joc said:
4 minutes ago, Habitat said:

If you are going to quote Trump...then quote him...I want to see the quote where he said that.   He said that we had 52 targets....

Trump tweet:

"Let this serve as a WARNING that if Iran strikes any Americans, or American assets, we have.........targeted 52 Iranian sites (representing the 52 American hostages taken by Iran many years ago), some at a very high level & important to Iran & the Iranian culture, and those targets, and Iran itself, WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD," he said. "The USA wants no more threats!"

• Confused 1

Just now, acidhead said:

The night is young

If America attacks it wont be till tomorrow at the earliest, probably tomorrow night.

The 6 B52s heading to Diego Garcia didnt start their transatlantic flight till early this morning so they might not even have arrived yet and they will certainly be used in any potential retaliation.

• Like 3

Michael Moore on his knees

BTW, once you click on Michael Moore's tweet you can hit a translate button

1 minute ago, joc said:

That is without a doubt the most imbecilic, irrational, moronic and just plain stupidest thing I have read in quite a while.

Well thanks, but you need to direct those comments to your President. This has been his plan all along, since he pulled the US out of the Irainian Nuclear deal. Now you will see how your hero handles this situation, do you think he is going to stop? Do you realise that Israel is going to play a part in this? I hope that some how this situation is resolved without the lose of American lives, but I don't think at this point it is possible.  But, do you really believe this is just going to go away? If you do you just described yourself in your own post. I don't have to call people names like your doing:D your acting like this is going to end well, well I am certain it isn't and that President Trump doesn't want it too. With his unstable behavior anything can happen in the next 72 hours. 

If you don't understand this just sit back and watch how crazy things are going to get.

Peace. 

Just now, DarkHunter said:

If America attacks it wont be till tomorrow at the earliest, probably tomorrow night.

The 6 B52s heading to Diego Garcia didnt start their transatlantic flight till early this morning so they might not even have arrived yet and they will certainly be used in any potential retaliation.

I doubt we have to wait on B52s to take out significant targets.  We could do that on a dime...any time...now...an hour from now.  We are pretty much God of the Military.

Theodore Roosevelt’s foreign policy: "speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."[1] Roosevelt described his style of foreign policy as "the exercise of intelligent forethought and of decisive action sufficiently far in advance of any likely crisis."

Trump has spoken too loudly, while carrying the big stick, That increases the chances of events running toward war.

The public have a short attention span.  This time next week few will even remember or care what happened, except for those who have to clean up afterwards.  The US dropped 26,000 bombs across the middle-east in 2016.  This latest event is just a catfight in comparison with two hostile nations just letting off some steam with no real desire for war, especially during an election year.

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, joc said:

Trump tweet:

"Let this serve as a WARNING that if Iran strikes any Americans, or American assets, we have.........targeted 52 Iranian sites (representing the 52 American hostages taken by Iran many years ago), some at a very high level & important to Iran & the Iranian culture, and those targets, and Iran itself, WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD," he said. "The USA wants no more threats!"

I rest my case joc, he has locked himself in.

5 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Michael Moore on his knees

BTW, once you click on Michael Moore's tweet you can hit a translate button

I couldn't translate it...can you post the translation?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, joc said:

I doubt we have to wait on B52s to take out significant targets.  We could do that on a dime...any time...now...an hour from now.  We are pretty much God of the Military.

B52s can carry a lot of ammunition in both types and amount of ammunition, it only makes sense to wait for them to finish there flight to Diego Garcia and to arm before any attack.

Plus Iran does have extensive anti air defense and our stealth bombers are based in America last I heard, will take around 16 hours before they would even arrive to strike targets in Iran

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

The public have a short attention span.  This time next week few will even remember or care what happened, except for those who have to clean up afterwards.  The US dropped 26,000 bombs across the middle-east in 2016.  This latest event is just a catfight in comparison with two hostile nations just letting off some steam with no real desire for war, especially during an election year.

Uh...no.   We killed Iran's Number Two guy....30 seconds after he stepped off his plane.  Did you see the funeral procession...looked like fireants when you break up their mound.  This is not going away quickly.

13 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I agree, the use of a nuke is way way over the top.

When your dealing with an unstable President like Trump it could occur very easily. Next how do you think the Irainians are going to react when Israel also jumps in, I am sure you understand that our President has been planning this for some time, and I am also certain Israel has a part that they will gladly play to shut Iran down for good.

peace

2 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

B52s can carry a lot of ammunition in both types and amount of ammunition, it only makes sense to wait for them to finish there flight to Diego Garcia and to arm before any attack.

Plus Iran does have extensive anti air defense and our stealth bombers are based in America last I heard, will take around 16 hours before they would even arrive to strike targets in Iran

Iran has zero defense against cruise missiles.  Zero And they can be launched from practically anywhere in the world.  I think the B52s are a consideration...but not necessary to strike Iran Hard, Fast and Effectively.

5 minutes ago, joc said:

I couldn't translate it...can you post the translation?

Not sure how you couldn't translate it... It's very easy buds

Screenshot_20200107-183317.png

• Thanks 2

Just now, joc said:

Iran has zero defense against cruise missiles.  Zero And they can be launched from practically anywhere in the world.  I think the B52s are a consideration...but not necessary to strike Iran Hard, Fast and Effectively.

It's not the striking that is the difficulty, it is predicting what the response would be, could be a volley of missiles loaded up with "dirty" bombs.