Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iranian Retaliation

DarkHunter

Thanks Acidhead. I couldn't translate it either but I never joined Twitter and thought maybe that was why.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

B52s can carry a lot of ammunition in both types and amount of ammunition, it only makes sense to wait for them to finish there flight to Diego Garcia and to arm before any attack.

Plus Iran does have extensive anti air defense and our stealth bombers are based in America last I heard, will take around 16 hours before they would even arrive to strike targets in Iran

While your right B52s can pack a punch, they are indiscriminate in their destruction, Stealth Bombers would be a better choice, they can hit targets with much less collateral damage. If we are trying to make them blink this is a better way to do it, but who knows. I just hope our soldiers are not involved in a ground campaign, because if that happen the loss of life is going be terrible, and I don'tt want to see that happen.

peace

5 minutes ago, joc said:

Iran has zero defense against cruise missiles.  Zero And they can be launched from practically anywhere in the world.  I think the B52s are a consideration...but not necessary to strike Iran Hard, Fast and Effectively.

The S-300 and S-400 can both intercept cruise missiles plus all the various close range anti air defense systems they have.  Iran can definitely intercept cruise missiles especially with how concentrated their air defense systems are which is why mass attacks and extensive jamming will be needed

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

While your right B52s can pack a punch, they are indiscriminate in their destruction, Stealth Bombers would be a better choice, they can hit targets with much less collateral damage. If we are trying to make them blink this is a better way to do it, but who knows. I just hope our soldiers are not involved in a ground campaign, because if that happen the loss of life is going be terrible, and I don'tt want to see that happen.

peace

B52s can carry just about if not every weapon system the B-2 can but almost twice as many at a single time

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

The S-300 and S-400 can both intercept cruise missiles plus all the various close range anti air defense systems they have.  Iran can definitely intercept cruise missiles especially with how concentrated their air defense systems are which is why mass attacks and extensive jamming will be needed

I will just go ahead and concur as I don't really have any knowledge of what I'm even talking about in that regard. B) I don't know much about what weapon systems we they have or don't have...so...I'm fine with that.  :)

Edited by joc

10 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I just hope our soldiers are not involved in a ground campaign, because if that happen the loss of life is going be terrible, and I don'tt want to see that happen.

Yeah, yeah that's what they said about the invasion of Iraq.  In 6 hours the Republican Guard was decimated and waving white flags at our tanks.

No US casualty numbers released yet. 

https://www.wthr.com/article/us-official-very-few-if-any-casualties-iran-missile-attack-us-base-iraq

There was no immediate word on injuries, but a U.S. official told the Associated Press there were very few, if any, casualties in the attack.

Ain al-Asad air base was first used by American forces after the 2003 U.S.-led invasion that toppled dictator Saddam Hussein, and later saw American troops stationed there amid the fight against the Islamic State group in Iraq and Syria. It houses about 1,500 U.S. and coalition forces.

Two Iraqi security officials said at least one of the missiles appeared to have struck a plane at the base, igniting a fire. It was not immediately clear whether it was an Iraqi or U.S. jet. There were no immediate reports of casualties from the attacks, according to the officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity as they had no permission to brief journalists.

About 70 Norwegian troops also were on the air base but no injuries were reported, Brynjar Stordal, a spokesperson for the Norwegian Armed Forces told The Associated Press.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, joc said:

Yeah, yeah that's what they said about the invasion of Iraq.  In 6 hours the Republican Guard was decimated and waving white flags at our tanks.

Saddam's propaganda minister

Image result for propaganda spokesman iraq"

• Haha 3

It sucks there were reportedly Iraqi casualties. I suppose their deaths only mean anything to some when it's the West doing the killing

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So... missed a couple of pages. 

clarify for me? Putin is in Damascus at the moment on an unexpected visit, right? And Russia is backing Syria, correct? And Syria and Iran are allies, true??

how bad could this get?

It's 6:30 AM in Baghdad right now. The sunrise should help make evaluating any damage easier now.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, joc said:

Whatever happens this us on your presidents head, and yours fir supporting him. Think about that when our soldiers start dying. Do you really think this is going to be like Iraq:no: ? Well for our soldiers sake I hope I am wrong, do you even think about them?

peace

7 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Unconfirmed:

They're just reporting this on the news. It isn't confirmed but Iranian news is saying it was mechanical issues. How do they know that already?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

Saddam's propaganda minister

Image result for propaganda spokesman iraq"

Live, from New York, IT'S SATURDAY N-I-I-I-GHT!

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Haha 1

A curious, measured response, seemingly designed to inflict a minimum of casualties. Reminds me of when Clinton cruise missiled an empty mountainside and a baby food factory and declared victory after the Cole bombing.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Some Iranian hotdog in an obsolete Mig 25, shot down an air liner?

• Sad 2