Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iranian Retaliation

DarkHunter

1 hour ago, joc said:

If you are going to quote Trump...then quote him...I want to see the quote where he said that.   He said that we had 52 targets....

... if Iran strikes any Americans, or American assets, ... and those targets, and Iran itself, WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD.

We should find out the content of that list "very fast".

23 minutes ago, susieice said:

They're just reporting this on the news. It isn't confirmed but Iranian news is saying it was mechanical issues. How do they know that already?

No idea... Unusual quick response to call it a mechanical issue.. The video I just posted which, if confirmed, shows it on fire before it crashed into a huge fire ball explosion

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

A curious, measured response, seemingly design to inflict a minimum of casualties. Reminds me of when Clinton cruise missiled an empty mountainside and a baby food factory and declared victory after the Cole bombing.

If we are lucky you are correct and it is just a face saving move, which hopefully means an end to escalation between Iran and the U.S, but time will tell.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, acidhead said:

No idea... Unusual quick response to call it a mechanical issue.. The video I just posted which, if confirmed, shows it on fire before it crashed into a huge fire ball explosion

I just saw it again on the news. All they are saying is that it crashed shortly after takeoff. Found this link.

https://wgntv.com/2020/01/07/iran-media-says-ukrainian-airplane-carrying-180-people-crashes-near-tehran/

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, acidhead said:

:hmm:

The Iranians were probably very careful so that their missiles hit the outskirts of the bases. There is no American casualties reported. The strikes were calculated with precision and it's more a statement that Iran can respond to any provocation if it wants to.

Edited by crookedspiral
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, susieice said:

I just saw it again on the news. All they are saying is that it crashed shortly after takeoff. Found this link.

https://wgntv.com/2020/01/07/iran-media-says-ukrainian-airplane-carrying-180-people-crashes-near-tehran/

One report says it crashed 8 minutes after takeoff.  Another report says it stopped sending data immediately after take off.  I don't believe in coincidences...but at this point...no one really knows what is going on.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

If we are lucky you are correct and it is just a face saving move, which hopefully means an end to escalation between Iran and the U.S, but time will tell.

We'll have to wait and see what else the noble, long-suffering Iranian theocracy does next. They are our enemies and want us dead. They just know they're outmatched in a head to head conflict. Now they realize, with chagrin, that their covert option to strike us is eliminated. They have to do something to maintain face with their quintessentially quirky population known to turn on dime against it's government.

• Like 2

That was a horrific video. So sad!:hmm:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, joc said:

That was a horrific video. So sad!:hmm:

Not a confirmed video yet but yes horrifying none the less

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Whatever happens this us on your presidents head, and yours fir supporting him. Think about that when our soldiers start dying. Do you really think this is going to be like Iraq:no: ? Well for our soldiers sake I hope I am wrong, do you even think about them?

peace

Look what happened to the Middle East after Obama pulled us out of Iraq and sat on his hands and did basically nothing, while ISIS, who he called "The B-Team" gestated then erupted and over-ran the region. Seems we have the choice of putting troops in harm's way while we have the Iniative, or wait for the dangers to be magnified when the enemy seizes the Iniative.

• Like 3

All aboard that Ukrainian airliner are dead. I just hope it wasn't another BUK missile.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ukrainian-boeing-737-with-at-least-170-aboard-crashes-in-iran/ar-BBYITLH

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, South Alabam said:

This should end soon. If they are done retaliating then we shouldn't respond. No sense going to war when this can end here and now.

It looks like the Iranians sent warning shots as no casualties are being reported. I hope the American government make decisions like their own personal lives depend on it, because real lives of people unable to make those decisions depend on it.

Also I need to state that those people who seem to believe that some sort of “Shock and Aww” approach will work, might want to remember how the last shock and awe campaign went or should I say is still going. 
Hit em hard hit em fast in and out in maybe 40 years with only a few 100,000 deaths. Sweet way to handle it

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just how misleading, incidentally, undoubtedly deliberately, are the Media? They talk about "ballistic missiles", which I suppose is technically correct in that that's the trajectory the missiles follow, but the public will naturally think of Ballistic Missiles in terms of intercontinental range devices that can carry Nukes. I bet people will undoubtedly think" Oh no! They Ranians have Ballistic Missiles that can hit any part of the US mainland!" 

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome

vengeance

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome

Im pretty sure  Ukraine has confirmed the plane crashed due to a reported engine failure, everyone onboard has died :(

Edited by .AKUMA.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Now, we are middle of "Chaos"

It seems that It could be "WW3".

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Great Old Man said:

Don't get your hopes up.

Edited by Habitat
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

Iran just issued a threat saying if America retaliates the third wave of attacks will destroy Dubai and Haifa 

Surely this is grounds for Israel to declare war on Iran, and launch a first strike ? 

5 hours ago, Habitat said:

Theodore Roosevelt’s foreign policy: "speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."[1] Roosevelt described his style of foreign policy as "the exercise of intelligent forethought and of decisive action sufficiently far in advance of any likely crisis."

Trump has spoken too loudly, while carrying the big stick, That increases the chances of events running toward war.

You say that TRUMP speaks too loudly ? Have you HEARD some of the mouth-foaming coming out of the Iranian leadership ? 

48 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Just how misleading, incidentally, undoubtedly deliberately, are the Media? They talk about "ballistic missiles", which I suppose is technically correct in that that's the trajectory the missiles follow, but the public will naturally think of Ballistic Missiles in terms of intercontinental range devices that can carry Nukes. I bet people will undoubtedly think" Oh no! They Ranians have Ballistic Missiles that can hit any part of the US mainland!" 

Well, most of the American public wouldn't be able to point to Iraq or Iran on a map. 

I look forward to a more coherent analysis of the nights events, which I'm sure we will get in due course. Did the airbases detect the missiles inbound ? Was there time for the bases to issue air-raid alerts, and get the troops into bomb shelters ? Was there any attempt to shoot the missiles down, and - if so - where any such attempts successful ? 

This is the first time that Iranian missiles have been tested against American anti-missile systems. It will prove VERY illuminating. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

You say that TRUMP speaks too loudly ? Have you HEARD some of the mouth-foaming coming out of the Iranian leadership ? 

Well, if you want to use that as the standard of comparison, which wasn't quite what I had in mind.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I look forward to a more coherent analysis of the nights events, which I'm sure we will get in due course. 

Me too, Even in ROK, every internet forum users look forward to hearing what Trump says.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, and then said:

I agree and I believe that IF they make such an offer, Trump will cheerfully accept it.  Regardless of what others think of him, I really don't believe he wants war.  

Neither do I.... in fact I'm starting to think that this clinical strike on Soleimani could be the start of
a Trump Plan to try to bring peace to the Middle East.. ???

Some might say that would be an impossible task but maybe Trump doesn't think like that...
He wants to get America out of perpetual Regime change wars in the ME... but he needs
a working strategy to do that.... so maybe he's decided to go for it ...

And has used Soleimani as the catalyst to bring about a crisis that can be used to dis-empower
some of the Iranian and Iraqi military in the region...... perhaps leading to a rise of People Power in those
countries where the domination of Islam is weakened... ???

At the minimum he has around 10 months to work on it... (before the 2020 election)

dunno

• Like 1

This was a reply to that ridiculous, attention seeking Michael Moore tweet ....

and you do have to wonder how many people in Islamic Countries are literally being
held hostage to a religion... that they are forced to be part of... telling
them how to live their lives and how to think,,, all day, every day...

While the Globalists seem to like Islam and Communism, probably because it is a way
to control large sections of the world's population.... that's not in the nature of all people
where freedom, responsibility and individualism is an attractive prospect... like in the West...
but the NWO... Globalist Gang are trying to change that, so we can be more easily controlled..
(by them)

but I digress.... although there is a BIG PICTURE that these events are part of....

• Thanks 2