Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iranian Retaliation

DarkHunter

Good old Bee, you're always ready to attribute some deviously ingenious motives to the Big Man. :mellow:

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, bee said:

and you do have to wonder how many people in Islamic Countries are literally being
held hostage to a religion... that they are forced to be part of... telling
them how to live their lives and how to think,,, all day, every day...

Like the Western State Media? Telling them what to think, and how to view alien countries ... all day, every day? Like to view alien religions as vast, dark malevolent entities, and the people who share these religions as a dark, malevolent mass?

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome

Well, if everyone stops shooting at each other maybe things can finally calm down.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Like the Western State Media? Telling them what to think, and how to view alien countries ... all day, every day? Like to view alien religions as vast, dark malevolent entities, and the people who share these religions as a dark, malevolent mass?

well the Western State Media are trying very hard to tell us what to think and how to live ...
bordering on Religious type control... but it's not working with everyone, although they are 
doubling down after Brexit and the Trump .... and censoring the internet social media sites
to try and regain some power...

I haven't looked at a lot of the MSM about all this latest thing and Iran.... but I get the feeling
they are more on Iran's side than American / Trump side....?

I could be wrong about this... let me know if I am... :) 

• Like 2

I mean encouraging people to view Islam as a great, malevolent entity that wants to subjugate the entire world to its iron heel of fear.

8 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Good old Bee, you're always ready to attribute some deviously ingenious motives to the Big Man. :mellow:

well he's a wily old fox and could have more up his sleeve when it comes to the Middle East...

Again..... I hope he knows what he's doing and that there isn't an escalation...
Or at least if there is an escalation it is short lived and can lead to a wider Peace...?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

I mean encouraging people to view Islam as a great, malevolent entity that wants to subjugate the entire world to its iron heel of fear.

Isn't it more the other way round now... and we are encouraged to view Islam as a harmless religion of peace,,

And ignore all the 'bad stuff'.... that might crop up.... like slitting people's throats on Waterloo Bridge or hacking off
the head of soldier Lee Rigby on a London Street.... or blowing up young teenagers at a concert in Manchester...
etc etc etc etc ETC...

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

That is Islam's goal and their history proves it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Didnt they say the same thing about the Jews? and then used horrific acts of violence against them with support from a vast amount of the local population, because people like this guy, spread fear and mistrust.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Clearly there is no monolithic Islam, any more than there was monolithic Communism, it is just propaganda bullship in both cases.

44 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Who on EARTH are the "Western state Media" ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, .AKUMA. said:

Didnt they say the same thing about the Jews? and then used horrific acts of violence against them with support from a vast amount of the local population, because people like this guy, spread fear and mistrust.

Yes, they probably did. But here's the thing. They where lying about the Jews, whereas Islam's "Colonial" desires are a fact of history, and are attested to in their Scriptures.

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Clearly there is no monolithic Islam, any more than there was monolithic Communism, it is just propaganda bullship in both cases.

Yeah.. right.. so the Soviet Union and Communist China didn't exist ? 

• Like 1

Just now, RoofGardener said:

Yes, they probably did. But here's the thing. They where lying about the Jews, whereas Islam's "Colonial" desires are a fact of history, and are attested to in their Scriptures.

They must be working on the ultra-ultra long range plan, as progress to date seems limited.

37 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

You mean... encouraging people to believe the truth ? :P 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Dude.....we are both from Great Britain, is it really for us out of all people to lecture others about Colonial desires?

Edited by .AKUMA.

Like I said, this time next week the public won't even remember the little cat fight last night.  This whole thing was just a non-story, a simple blowing off steam with no casualties reported, except for the take-down of a commercial plane which Iran probably did themselves by accident. or on purpose in order to deflect attention away from their little temper tantrum last night as they were suspiciously quick in saying it was a mechanical failure before the bodies had even been recovered.  What is more likely to grab the Iranian people's attention for the next week - last night's catfight, or the allegedly accidental crash of a commercial flight.

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Like 2

Just now, Habitat said:

They must be working on the ultra-ultra long range plan, as progress to date seems limited.

Ah, that is because they are using 7th Century methodologies and weapons in a struggle with a 21st Century "West". :P 

But they are confident that - eventually - they will get there. It must be true.. it says so in the Koran and Hadiths :P 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, .AKUMA. said:

Dude.....we are both from Great Britain, is it really for us out of all people to lecture others about Colonial desires?

Yes. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah.. right.. so the Soviet Union and Communist China didn't exist ? 

They certainly were not in lock-step.

Just now, Habitat said:

They certainly were not in lock-step.

Apologies @Habitat; I did not mean that they where a combined monolithic structure, but that each was internally monolithic. 

Apologies @Habitat; I did not mean that they where a combined monolithic structure, but that each was internally monolithic. 

Sunni Islam and Shia Islam seem not to be united in this quest.

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Neither are the vast amount of other Sects within Shia and Sunni Islam.

4 minutes ago, Habitat said:

There ARE differences in interpretation of the Hadiths between the two groups. Both, however, believe that Islam is destined to rule the world. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1