Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iranian Retaliation

DarkHunter

37 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Even at twice that cost for launch and construction 1.8m per missile the cash Obama gave them is enough for 1000 missiles. So it's not a huge loss for them but any way you look at it they still look like idiots all around. I lean towards them being very afraid to do anything real.

They should be. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, susieice said:

I don't believe any of these militias would act independently so if anyone gets injured or killed, we're off to the races again.  I guess you really CAN'T FIX STUPID...

3 hours ago, F3SS said:

I lean towards them being very afraid to do anything real.

Then you are making a case that Iranian leaders are rational, smart people. They know they can't win a conventional war against the United States. They don't have the Big Guns. So they made a calculated and symbolic response with little damage and no casualties so they can avoid an escalation. I think that's a pretty reasonable move.

Edited by crookedspiral
  • Like 1

If this doesn't blow up again in Trump's reign, I will end up having a lot of respect  for him. He just has to realize, being at heart an actor, that words can have consequences, even if you are being a bit theatrical, which he is most days. Especially when you are sending messages to people with different cultural sensibilities.

1 hour ago, crookedspiral said:

Then you are making a case that Iranian leaders are rational, smart people. They know they can't win a conventional war against the United States. They don't have the Big Guns. So they made a calculated and symbolic response with little damage and no casualties so they can avoid an escalation. I think that's a pretty reasonable move.

IF they back off in the region then I'll consider them to be intelligent but these new pin prick strikes by their militias are just a new round of testing us.  If they keep it up, they may well kill another American and test Trump yet again.  He'll either unload on them or his craven counselors will win and we'll just be back where we began.  Each time they manage to shed American blood, even through injury, they need to lose a capital asset.  A refinery, a missile battery, an underground facility.  Incremental  pressure to make the point that we can win any war of attrition and that we WILL respond EVERY TIME.  Look at what Israel did over the last 30 years or so and that is the template.  Let your enemies know they'll NEVER get a "free shot".

Edited by and then

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

sending messages to people with different cultural sensibilities.

THAT has to be the most ballsy euphemism I've ever seen.  I guess you could call barbarism a "sensibility" but it wouldn't be my first synonym choice.  Sheesh...

9 minutes ago, and then said:

THAT has to be the most ballsy euphemism I've ever seen.  I guess you could call barbarism a "sensibility" but it wouldn't be my first synonym choice.  Sheesh...

Well, I stand by my assertion that is largely an actor. That is why he got elected, off the back of years of TV "theatre". Maybe the "enemy" get confused, thinking he isn't primarily a stage performer, and take some of his flourishes too literally. They'd be best to ignore what he says, and just watch what he does. And so would the electorate.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Habitat said:

They'd be best to ignore what he says, and just watch what he does. And so would the electorate.

:tu: