Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Large triangular-shaped UFO filmed over Texas

UM-Bot

24 second clip. Over a major metropolitan area and only one video (on New Years no less). Fireworks and celebrations going on. Definitely a news worthy video.

I would bet that the lights went out shortly after the 24 second clip and they were Chinese lanterns or something similar. If not, why not a longer clip????

Edited to add: Three of ANYTHING create a triangle. Not sure why triangles are significant.

Edited by esoteric_toad
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, esoteric_toad said:

Three of ANYTHING create a triangle. Not sure why triangles are significant.

Because triangle UFO's are in vogue at the moment - if we still thought they were disc shaped then I'm sure it would be described as a disc with a bulb out...

It's hard to say from a small phone screen but it looks to me like there's some relative movement between the lights which would seem to rule out a single object.

That doesn't rule out 3 alien craft hovering in formation but lanterns seem a bit more likely given the circumstances...

• Like 2

They're not UFO's. It's just venus.

Well... THREE venus's. Venuses. Venus' .... Veni ?

• Haha 2

Looks like chinese lanterns. Would make sense over new year.

The lights fade in and out and are individual.as clearly not attached to anything. When the left light starts fading you can not see any object it could be attached to. 

As mentioned it is a short video, likely because the lights eventually went out.

I can never understand  why people would think theuy hsve video'ed  a ufo, cut it short, not follow it and believe if thry put in online they will not look pretty dunce. 

Edited by freetoroam

Drones recording the fireworks display

• Like 1

Unlikely.

Drones don't normally have bright lights on them ? (it would waste their batteries). 

14 minutes ago, Rolci said:

Pro bono proctologists from nearby star systems.

Not a McKenna fan are you? :D

I have launched enough of those to say with zero doubt that those are lanterns.

Next.

• Thanks 1

UFO's don't fly on New Years eve. Too much competition for the attention.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Unlikely.

Drones don't normally have bright lights on them ? (it would waste their batteries). 

They normally do come with LED lights to see the drones orientation.

had the same on new year  but the were fire bags floating in the sky. they stayed in formation as long as i saw them.

still pretty cool.

newyear ufo firebags.jpg

• Thanks 1

Amazon drone as Amazon delivers 24/7/365. Nothing to see here people. Move along.

On 1/8/2020 at 7:25 AM, RoofGardener said:

Unlikely.

I have a coworker who puts lights on his RC planes and helicopter and flies them at night.  It could be 3 drones or 3 RC vehicles.  The batteries for the lights could be separate from the battery that powers the drone.

It doesn't look right.  It looks like a photo is just being moved around wth audio added to the back.  I thought it had maybe been edited to remove motion but......  Something just seems off with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mesuma said:

It doesn't look right.  It looks like a photo is just being moved around wth audio added to the back.  I thought it had maybe been edited to remove motion but......  Something just seems off with it.

I have a glass bottle hummingbird feeder hanging outside of my office window.  This morning (before the sun came up) I was looking out my window and noticed some lights...then I thought...oh yeah, the hummingbird feeder....

....then I started thinking....You know, I could make a video of that...pull it back, video recording, then drop it and as it swung it would look just like a UFO suddenly took off and disappeared......you cannot believe anything you see on a video.

• Like 2

I wonder in what area of Houston this was filmed? I live nearby to downtown, and Houston has four concentrations of large building areas across the metro. There’s Downtown, Med Center, Galleria, and Energy Corridor.

I don’t notice any light pollution in the video, so my guess is that this was filmed in one of the rural areas 10-15 miles outside of the city.

I live in a multilevel townhome with a roof deck (mentioned because it’s a good place to view a large swath of the city), and during the 4th of July celebration there are drones flying nearby to downtown filming the annual fireworks show. 

In a city as sizable as Houston (6 million people across the entire metro area) it doesn’t make much sense for only one video to exist if there was truly a UFO event while so many were outside celebrating.

Edited by Rhinopolis
  • Like 2

Well, in a good TR3B (claim) sighting, often the body of the craft is seen as well. This...only lights and fading in and out. Of course, the fading could be due to atmospheric conditions. Inconclusive IMO.

On 1/8/2020 at 4:15 AM, esoteric_toad said:

24 second clip. Over a major metropolitan area and only one video (on New Years no less). Fireworks and celebrations going on. Definitely a news worthy video.

Things can appear over metropolitan areas without anyone noticing enough to care. For example several years ago the University of Minnesota raised a high altitude balloon into the bright blue sky over Minneapolis. It was up there for a day and people on UFO boards were talking about it the entire day, yet all we got during this exciting event was one blurry photo showing a dot in the sky. 

10 hours ago, astrobeing said:

Things can appear over metropolitan areas without anyone noticing enough to care. For example several years ago the University of Minnesota raised a high altitude balloon into the bright blue sky over Minneapolis. It was up there for a day and people on UFO boards were talking about it the entire day, yet all we got during this exciting event was one blurry photo showing a dot in the sky. 

I agree as many people whom I know do not spend much if any time looking up at the sky. If the average sample population isn’t really paying much attention to the sky, then why would they notice something “unusual” in the sky?

My counter to that thought process is that this incident was filmed during New Years Eve with fireworks going off all around. In this incident I would presume that all who were outside would be looking up skyward.

Is it safe to presume that at least one other person would see a triangle shaped UFO and think to film it with the portable video cameras that most everyone in the U.S. now carries with them at all times?

Edited by Rhinopolis

4 hours ago, Rhinopolis said:

My counter to that thought process is that this incident was filmed during New Years Eve with fireworks going off all around. In this incident I would presume that all who were outside would be looking up skyward.

Is it safe to presume that at least one other person would see a triangle shaped UFO and think to film it with the portable video cameras that most everyone in the U.S. now carries with them at all times?

Fireworks don't fill the sky. They direct people's attention in one direction. They're more likely to distract someone from seeing something weird in the sky. Granted they do at least bring people outdoors and raise their heads a few degrees but I wouldn't expect them to make every person aware of everything that's happening everywhere in the huge sky at every moment. 

Also these three dots don't suggest an object. If they had passed over me and my HD camera, I probably wouldn't have wasted the memory space to shoot them. 

@astrobeing The following is a story that I’m sharing for no other reason than to do so. I have personally witnessed two UAP events in my 41 years. The 1st was in 1998 at night, and the 2nd was in 2012 in the early evening as the sun was setting. Oddly enough I was driving during both events with the one in 2012 being the longest duration and with the clearest view of whatever I witnessed.

I would gladly pay $1k (each event) today to have video/photo evidence of what I saw during those events so that I could more thoroughly review and understand them. 

I’m an extremely logical person. I made mental notes and documented everything that I could remember as soon as I got off the road in 2012. In fact, I documented that event on this site.

To have video evidence to go back and review with others would be so helpful though. If I ever again see anything that I cannot logically explain away, I will do my best to collect photo/video evidence as well as document it.

Edit - Link to my 2012 post if interested. 

Edited by Rhinopolis
  • Like 1

2.71 billion people own smart phones.
According to GSMA real-time intelligence data, there are exactly 5.13 billion people in the world who own mobile devices. That is 66.5% of the world's population. The answer to how many people own smartphones is 2.71 billion or 35.13% of the world's population. link

One would think that with almost 3 Billion people on the planet carrying smart phones the numbers of actual legitimate UFO videos would be rather large.

Why are they all at night?  Why do we just see lights?  Why...when 3 billion people have smart phones all over the planet...do we never see clear, crisp videos of actual alien spaceships?

Like this:  except real

• Like 2