Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Orkney Isles hermits excommunicated

Eldorado

"One of the group, Stephen De Kerdrel, told BBC Radio Orkney they believed the church was facing desperate times, and that called for desperate measures.

""Most Christian churches, with the exception of the Orthodox churches, are now so over-run by liberalism and secularism and humanism that they've ceased really being churches," he said.

"But I actually think we're seeing a great battle between Western society and Christianity. And the one they really want to take a pot shot at is the Catholic church.

"So, it almost seems that we're joining the enemy. But we're actually trying to save it from itself."

Full story at the BBC:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-51027744

Their "Declaration": http://www.trumpeteer.co.uk/the-declaration/4594595263

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2020 at 4:45 PM, Eldorado said:

"One of the group, Stephen De Kerdrel, told BBC Radio Orkney they believed the church was facing desperate times, and that called for desperate measures.

""Most Christian churches, with the exception of the Orthodox churches, are now so over-run by liberalism and secularism and humanism that they've ceased really being churches," he said.

"But I actually think we're seeing a great battle between Western society and Christianity. And the one they really want to take a pot shot at is the Catholic church.

"So, it almost seems that we're joining the enemy. But we're actually trying to save it from itself."

Full story at the BBC:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-51027744

Their "Declaration": http://www.trumpeteer.co.uk/the-declaration/4594595263

I agree with these guys, the pope is a heretic. But for different reasons.

As the head of the biggest Christian Church, responsible for millions of deaths over the centuries, it seems obvious. Add into the equation the financial and political aspects, something Christ railed against back in the day, and the covering-up of child sex abuse, then there can be no other conclusion. 

The true message of Yeshua was of an inner divinity, and the Way to experience THAT; something the Catholic Church ruthlessly suppressed, burning thousands alive. 

Original sin being a debt that can never be repaid, and yet the Church collects century after century,.

Great business plan, 

Lousy spiritual path.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

The true message of Yeshua was of an inner divinity, and the Way to experience THAT; something the Catholic Church ruthlessly suppressed, burning thousands alive. 

Well, if people like you can discern the "true" message, from the openly available material, then I am thinking the ruthlessness wasn't that thorough.

4 hours ago, Habitat said:

Well, if people like you can discern the "true" message, from the openly available material, then I am thinking the ruthlessness wasn't that thorough.

And what people am I like?

If you have any issue of Christ saying that we are divine, then say so, or with the facts of the psychopathic behaviour coming from the upper-echelons of the Catholic church, then point them out. Otherwise keep your disgusting thoughts to yourself.

17 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

And what people am I like?

If you have any issue of Christ saying that we are divine, then say so, or with the facts of the psychopathic behaviour coming from the upper-echelons of the Catholic church, then point them out. Otherwise keep your disgusting thoughts to yourself.

LOL...…….I wasn't aware that I was insulting you, merely pointing out that the ruthless campaign to eradicate the "true" message of JC failed to fool you. They have had a couple thousand years to hide it, but it is still there to be seen, for those with the inclination to look. The church of course is a bureaucratic organization, and as is typical of such, its main interest is in staying in business. It is hardly going to promote the idea that clergy are redundant, and that the real "message" doesn't need them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Habitat said:

LOL...…….I wasn't aware that I was insulting you, merely pointing out that the ruthless campaign to eradicate the "true" message of JC failed to fool you. They have had a couple thousand years to hide it, but it is still there to be seen, for those with the inclination to look. The church of course is a bureaucratic organization, and as is typical of such, its main interest is in staying in business. It is hardly going to promote the idea that clergy are redundant, and that the real "message" doesn't need them.

That's weird, I completely misread your post.

A couple of individuals on here puts me in a certain frame of mind,(paranoid) lol.

Thanks for clearing that up.

• Thanks 1

On 1/17/2020 at 11:25 PM, Crazy Horse said:

Where's your source?

4 hours ago, Mike BB said:

Where's your source?

The words of Jesus.

"The Kingdom of God is within." And, "Know thy first the Kingdom of God, and His Righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto thy," And finally, "These things that I do, you shall do greater still."

Forgive me if these quotes aren't verbatim, although different Bibles has different texts anyhow!

To me it is very clear. Be good, serve Creation, and know the truth/Truth, for oneself.

BTW, my original post wasn't an attack against the Catholic laity, if anything, its the opposite, and I am sure that there are many, many good, caring priests within the Church too.

On 1/19/2020 at 10:14 PM, Crazy Horse said:

To me it is very clear.

It's your mindset, but fundamentalist Christians won't agree you have the methods to know how to be biblically good and become like a deity worthy of being worshiped. What's your opinion about the best way to serve?

2 hours ago, Mike BB said:

It's your mindset, but fundamentalist Christians won't agree you have the methods to know how to be biblically good and become like a deity worthy of being worshiped. What's your opinion about the best way to serve?

When asked, 'Rabbi, what is the greatest of all the laws.' Jesus said 'To love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.'

The question, how might a person love God like this today? The answer is simple enough once you realise that God, and Creation, are the same thing. That God is in everything, and that everything is in God.

To serve, to love, and to help creation in any way, shape, or form is to love God. To pick up a piece of litter is to serve God. To feed your cat or to take your dog for a walk, is to love God. To help an old lady cross the street, is to serve and love God. There are millions if not billions of ways to serve. Just listening to somebody with your full attention is serving creation.

Prayer, meditation, feelings of gratitude, all go to help unify humanity and are therefore an act of loving kindness.

You can turn your whole life into one long spiritual practice/process. From getting up and cleaning yourself, to eating a healthy breakfast, to going to work in some useful occupation, to going home, feeding the kids and loving your pets, listening, helping, caring.... yet to do this consciously, the whole thing becomes so much more powerful.

Perhaps powerful enough to realise an awakened state of beingness - enlightenment.

The Son of God is a title, given to someone who has been initiated to the highest degree.

The candidate would be taken to an underground chamber, cave, temple etc, given a narcotic, and left to "die".

During this time their soul would traverse the Otherworld, be "pinned to the tree of knowledge" (crucified), merge with the Divine, and be reborn, or resurrected.

On their return, the title, Son of God was awarded.

The Church took these allegories and took them to be literal truths. And then set about destroying the gnostic and aboriginal cultures around the world who still had these living traditions. Thereby removing the need for virtuous behaviour and moral and ethical practices from the religious/church life.

Because there is no gnosis without virtue!

Edited by Crazy Horse
tidying grammerr

4 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

The Son of God is a title, given to someone who has been initiated to the highest degree.

The candidate would be taken to an underground chamber, cave, temple etc, given a narcotic, and left to "die".

During this time their soul would traverse the Otherworld, be "pinned to the tree of knowledge" (crucified), merge with the Divine, and be reborn, or resurrected.

On their return, the title, Son of God was awarded.

The Church took these allegories and took them to be literal truths. And then set about destroying the gnostic and aboriginal cultures around the world who still had these living traditions. Thereby removing the need for virtuous behaviour and moral and ethical practices from the religious/church life.

Because there is no gnosis without virtue!

I know you're not a Christian. Do you follow an Eastern spirituality based on hinduism? Do you practice a current mashed up religion?

5 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

When asked, 'Rabbi, what is the greatest of all the laws.' Jesus said 'To love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.'

Let's imagine Jesus said it the way you and the Bible present it, why do you think he said it and what gave him the power to say it?

6 hours ago, Mike BB said:

I know you're not a Christian. Do you follow an Eastern spirituality based on hinduism? Do you practice a current mashed up religion?

I follow all the good folks through-out history, including Christ.

Its just the Church, and all those who have so grievously misrepresented his message to the detriment of every-day, good folk, who I am not so impressed with!

The Buddha is my greatest teacher in this life. When I first "re-engaged" with this philosophy, I immediately realised that it was everything that I believed in, and it changed my life straight-away.

My Spiritual Practice/Process is something I have developed for my-self. Firstly, to love, help, or serve creation in any way, shape, or form. Secondly, to love my-self in an intelligent way, adding what works, and subtracting what doesn't. And thirdly, to meditate, from the heart, without any thoughts. I also do the Wim Hof method, and I sun gaze, but these are just a part of loving my-Self.

6 hours ago, Mike BB said:

Let's imagine Jesus said it the way you and the Bible present it, why do you think he said it and what gave him the power to say it?

Why?

Because its the highest truth, without this our whole idea of life will have something missing. Without the truth we can never understand a problem, and without understanding a problem, we cannot hope to solve it. And, unless we are free, we cannot even get to the truth!

And what gave Jesus the power to say it? Gnosis; a personal knowledge and experience of the Divine, something I believe we all can achieve, something I am striving for right now, via my own personal way...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Why?

Because its the highest truth, without this our whole idea of life will have something missing. Without the truth we can never understand a problem, and without understanding a problem, we cannot hope to solve it. And, unless we are free, we cannot even get to the truth!

And what gave Jesus the power to say it? Gnosis; a personal knowledge and experience of the Divine, something I believe we all can achieve, something I am striving for right now, via my own personal way...

without a doubt, the Jesus of the NT, even if not accurately depicted, is nothing if not a mystic "knower". His authority is that of experience. Though I am far from sanguine in thinking he was going to have much success having those around him emulate it.

2 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

I follow all the good folks through-out history, including Christ.

Its just the Church, and all those who have so grievously misrepresented his message to the detriment of every-day, good folk, who I am not so impressed with!

You're striving to be something, so what makes you think you can distinguish the good from the evil folks? How many good people are on this planet in Christian biblical context?

Bible Christians will run you out of the church by saying Jesus is not God. You don't know the Holy Bible and how Christians interpret their book. Bible Christians don't have to strive because they have faith in Jesus Christ. They know they'll always fall short of perfection. Christians are watchful of vanity because they know people love to deceive themselves. There are forces who will gladly goad us on.

On 1/18/2020 at 6:34 PM, Habitat said:

Well, there was that whole "Reformation/Counter-Reformation/Wars of Religion" business that slaughtered a good portion of Europe and caused a lot of people to flee to the Americas for freedom of conscience.  It was pretty ruthless indeed, but ideas are hard to kill, even for totalitarian thought police with next-to-unlimited power to torture and execute.

5 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Well, there was that whole "Reformation/Counter-Reformation/Wars of Religion" business that slaughtered a good portion of Europe and caused a lot of people to flee to the Americas for freedom of conscience.  It was pretty ruthless indeed, but ideas are hard to kill, even for totalitarian thought police with next-to-unlimited power to torture and execute.

Again, you seem to be confusing the after-story with the original story. One must drink from the spring, not the polluted waters downstream.

6 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Again, you seem to be confusing the after-story with the original story. One must drink from the spring, not the polluted waters downstream.

It was the wars of religion and the protestant schism that allowed the religious debate to exist at all.  Prior to that it was "I don't agree with that" then you get imprisoned, then threatened, then tortured, then strangled, then burned.  IDK if there ever was any "truth" to the message, but you couldn't even hold a contrary opinion prior to protestantism.  As to drinking from the spring... well you know a tree by its fruit... and this tree you laud is poisonous, and makes you hallucinate.

9 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

well you know a tree by its fruit... and this tree you laud is poisonous, and makes you hallucinate.

Nope, such things are not the fruit of this tree.

21 hours ago, Mike BB said:

You're striving to be something, so what makes you think you can distinguish the good from the evil folks? How many good people are on this planet in Christian biblical context?

Bible Christians will run you out of the church by saying Jesus is not God. You don't know the Holy Bible and how Christians interpret their book. Bible Christians don't have to strive because they have faith in Jesus Christ. They know they'll always fall short of perfection. Christians are watchful of vanity because they know people love to deceive themselves. There are forces who will gladly goad us on.

I am striving to be good, in every sense of the word, because with good, selfless action there comes an inner peace, and with this there is a centeredness, and wisdom, and at some point soon, I hope to just be in a position to just let go of everything, via meditation, to just remain peacefully in the moment - radiating a peaceful heart.

Bible Christians may say I interpret the Bible wrongly, I don't mind, Christ said you shall know them by their fruits - that's good enough for me. 

And the thing about not behaving to strive because they have faith in Jesus Christ. I was alluding to this dumbing-down of Christs message before. The gnostic church's of the first/second centuries AD, were designed to introduce the neophyte to their Higher Self, to know God and experience their divine nature. This was only doable via long periods of preparation, dedication, and strick moral and ethical behaviour. This meant that greedy, selfish, hateful men, couldn't get involved.

By saying, "You don't need to know God, just believe in Christ, and follow our codes - on pain of death", the early Catholic Church, not only emasculated its follows, but allowed the most diabolical influences to wear the mask of religion, and the rest, as they say, is history.

One last thing. Saying that Jesus was the only Son of God, also emasculated almost everyone involved with the Christian faith. The Buddha on the other hand, was a man, a human being, and Buddhahood is something anyone can strive for. H H Dalai Lama has stated that he is a "Simple Buddhist monk."

11 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

I am striving to be good, in every sense of the word, because with good, selfless action there comes an inner peace, and with this there is a centeredness, and wisdom, and at some point soon, I hope to just be in a position to just let go of everything, via meditation, to just remain peacefully in the moment - radiating a peaceful heart.

I detect sophistry and virtue signaling, but I could be wrong.

I was alluding to this dumbing-down of Christs message before. The gnostic church's of the first/second centuries AD, were designed to introduce the neophyte to their Higher Self, to know God and experience their divine nature. This was only doable via long periods of preparation, dedication, and strick moral and ethical behaviour. This meant that greedy, selfish, hateful men, couldn't get involved.

It take it back. It's virtue signaling. Are you telling me you're an ancient Christianity scholar?

By saying, "You don't need to know God, just believe in Christ, and follow our codes - on pain of death", the early Catholic Church, not only emasculated its follows, but allowed the most diabolical influences to wear the mask of religion, and the rest, as they say, is history.

You mistake faith with blind faith, but sophistry reign supreme in your case.

One last thing. Saying that Jesus was the only Son of God, also emasculated almost everyone involved with the Christian faith. The Buddha on the other hand, was a man, a human being, and Buddhahood is something anyone can strive for. H H Dalai Lama has stated that he is a "Simple Buddhist monk."

Tell me about it when you meet Jesus, but until then it's wise to refrain from summarizing your borrowed wisdom. Some have said the DL is possessed.

11 hours ago, Mike BB said:

I detect sophistry and virtue signaling, but I could be wrong.

It take it back. It's virtue signaling. Are you telling me you're an ancient Christianity scholar?

You mistake faith with blind faith, but sophistry reign supreme in your case.

Tell me about it when you meet Jesus, but until then it's wise to refrain from summarizing your borrowed wisdom. Some have said the DL is possessed.

There is no sophistry or virtue signalling here, I already said that I don't mind what others think about me personally, so you are mistaken.

My faith is born of a personal realisation, it is far from being blind, that would be the sheep watching the wolves preaching a false and emasculated dogma.

The fact is, the Catholic Church, especially the upper-echelons, has nothing to do with the real message and spirit of Christ, and instead has a history covered in blood, lies, deception, fire and spunk and money - lots of filthy lucre.

Christianity is dying as with all lies, the truth will out.

Eh Mike, funny how you just created this account to talk to me.....

On 1/23/2020 at 8:34 PM, Crazy Horse said:

There is no sophistry or virtue signalling here, I already said that I don't mind what others think about me personally, so you are mistaken.

Narcissist.

My faith is born of a personal realisation, it is far from being blind, that would be the sheep watching the wolves preaching a false and emasculated dogma.

Delusional.

Christianity is dying as with all lies, the truth will out.

More sophistry.

Eh Mike, funny how you just created this account to talk to me.....

Pompous.