Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Uri Geller applies for 'weirdos' job

UM-Bot

He could come in quite handy I guess.

Screen-Shot-2015-02-20-at-16.59.24.png

• Haha 1

I want to know more about that job listing for "misfits and weirdos".  What is that about???

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I want to know more about that job listing for "misfits and weirdos".  What is that about???

Super-talented weirdos. Some originality he's wanting, I reckon.

https://news.sky.com/story/dominic-cummings-pms-adviser-invites-weirdos-and-misfits-to-work-for-number-10-11899986

• Thanks 1

Think is getting desperate for members from 'normal' or 'average' Britain rather than an existing member of the Tory mould.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

As if things are not weird enough, he wants to bring in more

Cummings also appears to want to change the public face of the civil service by asking for unusual candidates who he sees as not normally associated with the roles listed.

“I don’t want confident public school bluffers,” he writes. Instead, he said Downing Street needs “unusual mathematicians”, physicists, computer scientists, data scientists and “assorted weirdos and misfits with odd skills”.

https://theworldnews.net/gb-news/weirdos-wanted-five-things-we-learnt-from-dominic-cummings-bizarre-job-advert

Dangerous!   Especially if they put the likes of Geller in there. 

• Haha 1

"Fiercely critical of public schools and Oxbridge, it was posted just hours after Tory strategist Rachel Wolf claimed that under the Cummings shake-up, civil servants could be forced to sit regular exams to prove they are competent to work in Whitehall."

I think the above is a good idea, should already be done, why isn't it?

"Weirdos and misfits with odd skills"

"There are some very interesting possibilities in the intersection of technology and storytelling - if you've done something weird, this may be the place for you."

"some true wild cards, artists, people who never went to university and fought their way out of an appalling hell hole".

I don't think he really defined what he is looking for in the weirdos and misfits category.  He wants artists who did not go to university?  And what is that comment about "and fought their way out of an appalling hell hole"?  Is that what he thinks not going to university is or is that an additional requirement?  Still, he seems more entertaining than Mr. T. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

As if things are not weird enough, he wants to bring in more

Dangerous!   Especially if they put the likes of Geller in there. 

I doubt Geller could pass the test that he proposes.

7 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I doubt Geller could pass the test that he proposes.

I think the best he can do is pass dog pooh (allegedly). 

20 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

He wants artists who did not go to university?

Universities are a lot more accessible today, you do not have to be mega rich or super duper talented,  so if an "artist" has not been to uni, I would be very wary of putting them up in Whitehall. 

Anyone can call themselves an artist,  does not mean they are any good.

"Fiercely critical of public schools and Oxbridge, it was posted just hours after Tory strategist Rachel Wolf claimed that under the Cummings shake-up, civil servants could be forced to sit regular exams to prove they are competent to work in Whitehall."

Good, he's worked it out. 

Three things need fixed since the 80s

1) Food on

2) Welfare

3) Housing

They can't do it because of denominational reasons.