Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prince Harry and Meghan Stepping Down

susieice

20 hours ago, spud the mackem said:

Anyone who has a racial chip on their shoulder , is living in the days of slavery and should be held to account

The Crown doesn't see it that way.  Consider the term ...   Royal  Family.   Their descendants are white...they go way, way, way, way back.  The Monarchy it seems is always in some sort of Family Crisis.  But it is a Family....of Royalty.   It has nothing to do really with being racist.  It has to do with protecting the integrity of the Crown and consequently all of Britain.

8 hours ago, Habitat said:

Rolling in money, they want to make more from "Sussex Royal", while ditching the boring chore of going through the ceremonials and public appearances. I would think a splendid argument for a republic of Australia. Reckon they will hasten another referendum.

You really think two people who aren't really terribly important would hasten the arrival of the glorious Republic of Australia?

5 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

You really think two people who aren't really terribly important would hasten the arrival of the glorious Republic of Australia?

The Australian Republic of Southern Extremes.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, skookum said:

I don't like the ethnicity card being played. Sure there are idiots in the UK and we are tough on them. For Lords sake it is now a standing joke that the Police spend more time reading social media for racial and hate comments than the do on the street.

Exactly. A joke. As in, not true. 

I am not buying it. Anyway running of to the USA is hardly a place to go to avoid it. I remember reading the most despicable comments written by Americans about Obama. 

You would have a good point.... 

If Canada was in the US... 

8 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

it will factor in. but only after the Queen goes to God, will the issue  come back, and whilst  I have not  been an enthusiast to change the system, when I see this Meghan go-getter has tired of the charade in record time, I too may change my mind. If those on the gravy train think they are at liberty to opt out, then opting out looks more legitimate for all. And then of course the awkward business of Andrew. One senses it is just a matter of time before the page will turn.

Edited by Habitat

9 hours ago, spud the mackem said:

Good on you Blue , then you can take our flag out of the corner of yours , then send all the Brits back home , which would seriously deplete your population , and then we would not have to come to your aid when you're attacked . I have Aussie friends  in England who don't want to return to your Country ,because the beer is crap and they are sick of Kangaroos, Crocs, Sharks and poisonous Spiders in the Dunny.

No, I wish there had been greater immigration from the UK following the war. 

Perhaps you all forget that there are other Royals who have rebelled, married divorcees, and caused crises in the Family. In the current bunch - Princess Margaret, Princess Anne, Prince Andrew, Prince Charles, and Dianna was probably going to marry a muslim (which may have been the reason...). Anyway, no-one has married a black person up until now, but I dont think that is the point and in this day and age should not matter at all. However, the more I see of people across the world, the more racist I think generally people are. Not just the British, but every race has feelings which go way, way back. But, the Royals are trying to become more approachable and more relatable to the common people.

I think all this is to deflect attention away from other problems the Family face. I regret to say, the Family sorts its own problems out. So, if the problem gets too bad or seems like it will spill over into other areas of the Family's life or perhaps even implicate other Family members, then the problem is just wiped away like Dianna was. Fergie got out as soon as she could, and probably heaved a sigh of relief.

I too feel Andrew should have the focus at the moment because his 'problem' is far greater than any divorce or family spat and it may have been a problem shared by others just waiting to happen for a long time. If it implicates others then it will have to be dealt with in the same way as Epstein was. If they want a big diversion, then they will have a large event and a large public display of grief.

• Like 1

First Brexit and now Megxit :-D

Rather puzzlingly, in one of the papals it says "Marry & Heghan plan to settle in LA once Trump's Presidency is ended". They're presumably hoping that this will be possible by the end of this year rather than waiting another four years, but I don't know why they might have to wait until the Orange Man is gone. Does Donnie the Trump have a contract out on Meghan if she ever sets foot in the U.S.? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Rather puzzlingly, in one of the papals it says "Marry & Heghan plan to settle in LA once Trump's Presidency is ended". They're presumably hoping that this will be possible by the end of this year rather than waiting another four years, but I don't know why they might have to wait until the Orange Man is gone. Does Donnie the Trump have a contract out on Meghan if she ever sets foot in the U.S.? 

Think about the conversations we have on here. People like me arent talking about Trumps mental health for political points. While the likelihood of truly stupid **** happening is still pretty low why would someone with the financial means to do so not just avoid the possibility altogether?  

• Sad 1

play-old-harry

Verb
  1. (idiomatic) To play the devil; to make mischief.
  • Haha 4

It is the mercenary angle that will end up alienating people, they appear to want to profit from this "Sussex Royal" thing, but not have the bother of acting the royal role. Very vulgar ! If they had decided to live a life away from the royal stuff, fair enough and no explanations needed, they should have made a clean break, not tried to get a big earn out of something they had turned their back on. They don't need money, they are well-off.  A bad look !

Edited by Habitat
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

I read this too. She has had a Twitter thing with Trump and joined the Hollywood Snowflake Gravy train in refusing to accept the election result. She also rather embarrassed the Queen on Trumps state visit. Cearly the vow of being politically neutral in the Royal family is a rule ahe ignored.

More tears and tantrums if Trump wins a second term which I hear is looking very likely. 

She will probably blame it on the US press being racist towards her. How dare the Americans vote for someone Meghan doesn't want.

I really hope this pair do one with or without the money, titles and security. It wont be long before she shows her true colours again.

• Like 2

Today's events:

The Duke of Sussex and the Duke of Cambridge have denied a "false story" in a UK newspaper speculating about their relationship.

The brothers are to meet the Queen and Prince of Wales later to discuss Harry and Meghan's future.

Meghan is expected to join the discussion by phone from Canada.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51086477

The Guardian has live updates:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2020/jan/13/prince-harry-meghan-royal-family-queen-duke-duchess-sussex-william

• Haha 1

On 1/8/2020 at 5:35 PM, Habitat said:

Meghan has already had one divorce, it looks like she wants another one, from the "firm", but wants alimony ! It wouldn't surprise if Harry eventually gets the shove, I don't think she looks like a "sticker".

Yep, a gold digger! I was thinking that from day one. I hope she isn't for his sake, you can tell he loves her madly.

I think she thought it was going to be easier to push her way around and come out on top but frankly I dont think the family likes her and never did and things went from bad to worse.

I think she has other motives and love really never was it either, all he can do is support her and go with the flow now and he probably doesnt like the way she's been treated anyway, so might as well walk away. But after she leaves him, then it will be too late.

I think he could have done much better to begin with, in my opinion, some one his equal and someone who he had more in common with. He is real and she is fake and tries to act like she's better than him.

I think this was a one or two night fling that spiraled out of control and during that time she sunk her claws in, and hooked him! Just my opinion, poor guy, unfortunately the world is full of women like this and he's not alone.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

First Brexit and now Megxit :-D

Well we seen what happened to Furgie too. 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2020 at 6:39 PM, acidhead said:

Well this is devastating news for the Royal family's image especially after decades of hard work by Prince Andrew :D

They dont care as long as they dont have to deal with Meghan the outcast.

41 minutes ago, Jujo-jo said:

Yep, a gold digger! I was thinking that from day one. I hope she isn't for his sake, you can tell he loves her madly.

I think she thought it was going to be easier to push her way around and come out on top but frankly I dont think the family likes her and never did and things went from bad to worse.

I think she has other motives and love really never was it either, all he can do is support her and go with the flow now and he probably doesnt like the way she's been treated anyway, so might as well walk away. But after she leaves him, then it will be too late.

I think he could have done much better to begin with, in my opinion, some one his equal and someone who he had more in common with. He is real and she is fake and tries to act like she's better than him.

I think this was a one or two night fling that spiraled out of control and during that time she sunk her claws in, and hooked him! Just my opinion, poor guy, unfortunately the world is full of women like this and he's not alone.

Love is sometimes Blind . My son married a Canadian who is a complete disaster but the family put up with this because he loves her .

• Like 3

On 1/12/2020 at 8:21 AM, skookum said:

I don't like the ethnicity card being played. Sure there are idiots in the UK and we are tough on them. For Lords sake it is now a standing joke that the Police spend more time reading social media for racial and hate comments than the do on the street.

I am not buying it. Anyway running of to the USA is hardly a place to go to avoid it. I remember reading the most despicable comments written by Americans about Obama. 

Yes, I'm fairly ambivalent about the whole thing, but I do keep seeing the much overused term 'racism' being attached to this story, can somebody enlighten me & post an example of racism shown towards the couple printed in the press.

It could be like the whole Brexit thing, plenty of accusations of racism but very few examples to back it up. 

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

Harry and William have released a statement denying that bullying is why Harry is seeking to move on. I wonder if this will really stop the media from going on publishing whatever they want.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/13/uk/prince-harry-prince-william-bullying-statement-intl/index.html

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/13/william-and-harry-rubbish-offensive-and-potentially-harmful-story

The media will be really, REALLY p***ed off by these statements .......   They will have to dig some dirt on a Love Island contestant or make up a new story about how this is going to be the coldest winter in history with 100 days of snow, now :o 

• Like 2

IMO Harry’s doing what The Spare has always done - test the waters to see if the plebs accept something and distract from the real things happening in the Old Firm.

I’d merrily wager that within the year Charlie-Boy does the same thing so when Big Bet departs the stage the cardboard cutout of a bank manager can become King. Betty also needed the pressure taken off Andrew so threw the sixth in line to the wolves. Maybe Harry wanted out, seems that way. But he’s only out now because of the need to distract the peasants, and what a good job it’s done. I mean, no one has even thought about Andrew in days.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

IMO Harry’s doing what The Spare has always done - test the waters to see if the plebs accept something and distract from the real things happening in the Old Firm.

I’d merrily wager that within the year Charlie-Boy does the same thing so when Big Bet departs the stage the cardboard cutout of a bank manager can become King. Betty also needed the pressure taken off Andrew so threw the sixth in line to the wolves. Maybe Harry wanted out, seems that way. But he’s only out now because of the need to distract the peasants, and what a good job it’s done. I mean, no one has even thought about Andrew in days.

I've thought about Andrew. I think if he pops up, people will remember.

Edited by susieice

5 minutes ago, susieice said:

I've thought about Andrew. I think if he pops up, people will remember.

Exactly, he won’t pop up, Big Bet will have him hidden away in one of the more remote castles and once the Vultures are finished feasting on “Megxit” she’ll have Phil the Greek run over another one of the Plebs or have Charles go on one of those talk shows and go on about how he likes to talk to the begonias and that they’re such fascinating conversationalists. 

• Like 1