Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prince Harry and Meghan Stepping Down

susieice

Seem to get into a lot of strife with those American divorcees.

• Haha 3

I reckon the Queen has sacked them, I'd say they have been told you are either "in", or you are "out". and they have opted out.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Habitat said:

I reckon the Queen has sacked them, I'd say they have been told you are either "in", or you are "out". and they have opted out.

Ohh that works. 

3 hours ago, Habitat said:

Sacked by one's granny.  :(  That must hurt, surely. (both grandson and granny)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Sacked by one's granny.  :(  That must hurt, surely. (both grandson and granny)

Without jumping to too many conclusions, I am inclined to think Meghan is the one in the driver's seat with all this.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Without jumping to too many conclusions, I am inclined to think Meghan is the one in the driver's seat with all this.

But it still must hurt him inside.  Blood is blood and falling out with kin is not a nice feeling, even if you believe you're right.

• Like 4

I hope Harry and Meghan don't come to regret any of this, especially Harry. He was born a royal and it's what he's used to. I think most likely Meghan will be happier out of it but I have my doubts that Harry will.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

I hope Harry and Meghan don't come to regret any of this, especially Harry. He was born a royal and it's what he's used to. I think most likely Meghan will be happier out of it but I have my doubts that Harry will.

They are still in the honeymoon period where quite frankly it appears like she is making all of their decisions and choices. I noticed he also married her soon after meeting her.

When he starts to notice her flaws and irritations, and her his, and they tell each other what they really think of each other during their first major argument then what is going to happen?

There is also a reason why her first marriage failed, what is it? I suspect she is too much of a snowflake that cannot cope unless she gets her way on everything. I wait to see what will happen in their marriage once they have gone to Canada.

I too think Harry will come to regret it. He could have found himself a European Princess and become the King of one of our neighbouring countries instead of giving everything up for an actress.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Jujo-jo said:

Most kids do...

Tell us about it! Prince Charles will privately fund Harry and Meghan.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/royals/prince-charles-will-offer-private-financial-support-to-harry-and-meghan/ar-BBZ6Yl9

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jujo-jo said:

Ahhh...  now it's making more sense. 

Harry won't be independent or making his own living. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jujo-jo said:

Sad!

He can always refuse it and go on his own. 

• Like 2

They did the right thing and I`m sure they will enjoy their new life because they are some mind of free now.

Reminds me of this scene when Uncle Fester married Debbie and realized his mistake.

"You are mister Debbie"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Harry and Meghan: No other option but to step back, says duke

The Duke of Sussex has said he is "taking a leap of faith" in stepping back from being a senior royal, saying "there really was no other option".

Speaking at an event on Sunday evening, Prince Harry said he and Meghan had hoped to continue serving the Queen, but without public funding.

"Unfortunately, that wasn't possible," he said.

It was his first speech since the couple said they wanted to stand down from being full-time working royals.

There's a video of his speech in the link.

"Harry, Duke of Sussex, will be barred from wearing his military uniform after he agreed to step back from his Armed Forces appointments.

"Retired service personnel can wear their medals - but not their uniform - at official engagements once they have left the military."

At Sky UK: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2020/01/19/prince-harry-barred-wearing-military-uniform-stepping-back-armed/

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, susieice said:

Fixed!  B)

Edited by joc
  • Thanks 2

On 1/19/2020 at 7:08 AM, Still Waters said:

I think that they both may come to regret all of it.  Some people don't learn from other's mistakes.  Like you said...it's all he's ever known.  The real world is harsh...the Paparazzi is harsher.  What is worse, being completely overwhelmed constantly by the Paparazzi or ...being ignored...by the same?  At some point Harry and Meg will be yesterday's old news.

• Like 1

You're right. He's Harry Duke of Sussex now. They did keep the titles of Duke and Duchess, but no more royal titles.

Not only will Harry and Meghan have to repay the $3 million of taxpayer money used to refurbish Frogmore Cottage, they will likely now pay rent to keep it as their UK residence. They will also be responsible for all costs involved with living in and maintaining the home.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a30579044/meghan-markle-prince-harry-pay-back-frogmore-cottage-renovations/

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/celebs/a30487199/meghan-markle-prince-harry-pay-rent-refurbishments-frogmore-cottage/

• Like 1

Sad to think the next time we see Harry in England for a state occasion will likely be for Prince Philip's funeral (soon to be 99), and I'm guess Meghan will not be there.  Will she even attend the coronation of King Charles in a few years time?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, susieice said:

You're right. He's Harry Duke of Sussex now. They did keep the titles of Duke and Duchess, but no more royal titles.

He's still Prince Harry.

While the duo will no longer be referred to as his or her "royal highness," they will retain their titles of Duke and Duchess of Sussex, and Harry is still Prince Harry as he was born into the title as the son of Charles, Prince of Wales, and Diana, Princess of Wales.4 hours ago

• Thanks 1