Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prince Harry and Meghan Stepping Down

susieice

On 1/19/2020 at 7:08 AM, Still Waters said:

I hope Harry and Meghan don't come to regret any of this, especially Harry. He was born a royal and it's what he's used to. I think most likely Meghan will be happier out of it but I have my doubts that Harry will.

Especially when/If she decides to go her own way with the baby, at some point.  She doesn't seem to be a very stable person from what I've seen.  If she bails in a few years and takes half plus child support, she'd be extremely wealthy and some group's hero.  

On 1/19/2020 at 3:47 PM, toast said:

They did the right thing and I`m sure they will enjoy their new life because they are some mind of free now.

If the move is truly a mutual desire then I agree with you.  If it's the result of this young woman's insecurity about not being at the very center of everything then, not so much.  Time will tell.  I heard today that they can expect to earn nearly a half-billion dollars in the future.  Get a large portion of that settled on her and let's see where she goes...

• Like 3

I'd also like to go OTR to say I wish the two of them the best.  If they really want to stand on their own feet and not take tax money then I applaud them for it.  If this is just about distancing themselves from the drama of being royals, I hate it for them.  Hell of a life, huh?  :rolleyes:

They haven't got off to a good start.

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots

The Sussexes say paparazzi photographers are permanently camped outside their Vancouver Island home with long lenses.

https://news.sky.com/story/harry-and-meghan-threaten-legal-action-over-canada-paparazzi-shots-11914112

• Like 2

She was all smiles in these pictures but she got dissed on social media because of the way she's carrying Archie.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7909443/Meghan-beams-carrying-Archie-walking-dogs-Harry-boards-flight-Vancouver.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Related:

Queen's grandson Peter Phillips flogs royal connections in Chinese milk ad

The Queen's grandson has appeared in a milk advert in China, fuelling a discussion about how Prince Harry and Meghan might make their money as they step away from royal duties.

Peter Phillips, the eldest son of Princess Anne, the Princess Royal, touts his position as a member of the Royal Family in an advert for milk and appears against a backdrop of a stately home.

https://news.sky.com/story/queens-grandson-peter-phillips-flogs-royal-connections-in-chinese-milk-ad-11913938

• Like 2

Harry and Meghan are allegedly looking at a $40 million dollar mansion in West Vancouver. Pictures in the links. This in addition to what they need to pay for Frogmore Cottage. I don't know about this!

https://www.newidea.com.au/pictures-the-jaw-dropping-40m-mansion-meghan-markle-and-prince-harry-want-to-buy-in-west-vancouver-canada

https://www.news.com.au/finance/real-estate/meghan-markle-and-prince-harry-eye-off-epic-40m-bargain-mansion-in-west-vancouver-canada/news-story/71c784d88f5ced71eafd52433a637da2

Edited by susieice

"there's always a debacle, with Meghan Markle"

• Like 3

There are more pictures in this article from the Daily Mail. I guess $40 million is the equivalent of 21 million English pounds.How are they going to afford all of this on their own?

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

I wonder how much the wedding cost. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I wonder how much the wedding cost. 

I think Prince Charles paid for that. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7900913/RICHARD-KAY-Prince-Wales-lavishing-millions-sons-William-Harry.html

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 11:24 AM, Jujo-jo said:

think she has other motives and love really never was it either, all he can do is support her and go with the flow now and he probably doesnt like the way she's been treated anyway

Agree....I think that in the UK she was a small fish in a big pond. In LA she'll be a real Iive Princess in a town that runs on shallow relationships, who you know and who you are seen with, and if a Dem wins the WH she'll be wined and dined with only the cream of the crop. 

She tagged in with that anchor baby to seal the deal before launching her plans.

More and more it reminds me of the classic abuser syndrome..... at first charming and lovely.....finding a permanent footing and becoming the one that the victim can depend on.....then cutting all ties that can bring outside influence..friends but most especially family. Must drive a wedge especially between him and his very close, influential in his life, and one day his monarch, brother.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, skliss said:

Agree....I think that in the UK she was a small fish in a big pond. In LA she'll be a real Iive Princess in a town that runs on shallow relationships, who you know and who you are seen with, and if a Dem wins the WH she'll be wined and dined with only the cream of the crop. 

This part is worrisome. When Meghan was a little known actress working on a TV show and living in an apartment in Toronto, she didn't have a lot of big name friends. She met Harry and all of a sudden, Oprah, the George Clooneys, all show up at the wedding.

https://www.insider.com/why-is-oprah-winfrey-at-royal-wedding-2018-5

• Like 4

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

The Empress Hotel

Nice, by the looks of that place what money they do have isnt going to last long...

If she was a good actress she would have won the queens favor and even tho they say she did, grandma's old school and I'm not stupid! If she was a good actress they wouldn't be were they are at today, in my opinion.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jujo-jo said:

Nice, by the looks of that place what money they do have isnt going to last long...

If she was a good actress she would have won the queens favor and even tho they say she did, grandma's old school and I'm not stupid! If she was a good actress they wouldn't be were they are at today, in my opinion.

The Queen I would back to see through most "acting". I don't think the real back story to Megxit will be coming out any time soon.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jujo-jo said:

It's a hotel.  Not where they are currently staying here in Victoria.

The Empress Hotel was recently completely renovated.  I own a hardwood flooring company and was contracted out to install certain areas throughout the hotel.  It's my baby!  LOL

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, acidhead said:

It's a hotel.  Not where they are currently staying here in Victoria.

The Empress Hotel was recently completely renovated.  I own a hardwood flooring company and was contracted out to install certain areas throughout the hotel.  It's my baby!  LOL

COOL! Sounds like a nice job especially to be able to work in places like this!

• Like 4

There is a petition in Canada to refuse to pay for their security.  I signed it.  They want to stand on their own two feet, they can pay for their safety.  I don't have millions in my bank account like they do

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

There is a petition in Canada to refuse to pay for their security.  I signed it.  They want to stand on their own two feet, they can pay for their safety.  I don't have millions in my bank account like they do

No. You are right. They want to live their own life and not take taxpayer money. You shouldn't have to pay for their security. Harry's dad shouldn't have to overpay their support either. They will both need to work and make their own money like they said they wanted to do. I think they are trying to start out a little extravagantly, but they will learn. Like all couples need to. That's how you grow together.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, susieice said:

No. You are right. They want to live their own life and not take taxpayer money. You shouldn't have to pay for their security. Harry's dad shouldn't have to overpay their support either. They will both need to work and make their own money like they said they wanted to do. I think they are trying to start out a little extravagantly, but they will learn. Like all couples need to. That's how you grow together.

They are currently leasing a $14 million seafront home which is owned by music producer David Foster

• Like 4

Just now, acidhead said:

They are currently leasing a $14 million seafront home which is owned by music producer David Foster

I know they were looking at a $40 million dollar home to purchase. I put the link in here. They have to repay for the renovations to Frogmore Cottage and pay rent to keep it as their UK residence. They also have to pay all the upkeep and maintenance costs. It would be wise for them to stay where they are until they get themselves established.

• Like 3

I heard the paparazzi are hounding them even worse now. Maybe they need to move to Hawaii where I hear the paparazzi are banned from harassing folks that way.

• Like 5

On 1/20/2020 at 7:19 PM, and then said:

If this is just about distancing themselves from the drama of being royals, I hate it for them.  Hell of a life, huh?

It might be for you. Just think of never being able to talk about the second Amendment again or how you feel about what the Democrats are doing in Congress.  Just smile and nod and cut ribbons and appear in high fashion at the expected charity events, and never being able to say what you think. I don't believe you would sell yourself for so  little. Even if they split, Harry might be ahead.

• Like 3