Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prince Harry and Meghan Stepping Down

susieice

I never liked Sparkles from the start. I'm glad my gut was right about her.

• Like 4

On 1/24/2020 at 1:23 AM, Not A Rockstar said:

I heard the paparazzi are hounding them even worse now. Maybe they need to move to Hawaii where I hear the paparazzi are banned from harassing folks that way.

If anyone has a right to hate the paparazzi, it's Harry, but he and his bride can't have it both ways.  You can't accept the wealth and power that comes with being a public figure but expect to be left alone by the public...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

How many pictures she is smiling right into the camera, she has a eagle eye for a lense.  I swear she arranges most of these pictures.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Queen Elizabeth has given Prince William a new title. He will take on a lot of royal duties in Scotland now.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/queen-elizabeth-gives-prince-william-new-title-after-prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-lose-hrh-status-201402868.html

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, susieice said:

Queen Elizabeth has given Prince William a new title. He will take on a lot of royal duties in Scotland now.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/queen-elizabeth-gives-prince-william-new-title-after-prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-lose-hrh-status-201402868.html

William is a sap. All the titles in the world won't change the fact that the monarchy is a prison. Harry made the smart move. He saw the rising on the wall and jumped before being pushed. His brother doesn't like him enough to do the right thing by him and Harry and Megan are making their own future. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, and then said:

If anyone has a right to hate the paparazzi, it's Harry, but he and his bride can't have it both ways.  You can't accept the wealth and power that comes with being a public figure but expect to be left alone by the public...

How about accepting the wealth that comes from being a landlord? Because that’s where Harry’s money comes from.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

How about accepting the wealth that comes from being a landlord? Because that’s where Harry’s money comes from.

Uh... NO... he has walked away from THAT source because he and the wife wanted more than that and some more privacy, one assumes.  I've seen estimates of as much as 500 million dollars waiting for them in the future.  THAT income is based on their name and public personas.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, and then said:

Uh... NO... he has walked away from THAT source because he and the wife wanted more than that and some more privacy, one assumes.  I've seen estimates of as much as 500 million dollars waiting for them in the future.  THAT income is based on their name and public personas.  

It's in the blood, Harry's mum liked to follow the money, think Didi or Dodi whatever his name was. Bring on the Republic after the Queen goes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, and then said:

He’s not a Prince of the Realm but he is still one of the heirs of the Diana Spencer Estate, he’s going to have an income for life.

There are titles and lands that are his specifically and not devolved from the Crown Estates, he might not be Rich rich, but there are Lords of the Realm who own entire villages. He’ll be fine.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

He’s not a Prince of the Realm but he is still one of the heirs of the Diana Spencer Estate, he’s going to have an income for life.

There are titles and lands that are his specifically and not devolved from the Crown Estates, he might not be Rich rich, but there are Lords of the Realm who own entire villages. He’ll be fine.

In the 15th century perhaps. Or perhaps you're thinking of Milton Abbas, which was relocated by the Lord of the Manor because it spoiled his view?

I suppose you might also be thinking of another nearby eyesore, Poundbury, which is indeed Charlie's own private property and he does indeed exercise feudal rights over the residents, such as enfoffness and deodand and things like that? 

A woman in Australia on one of Charles' recent trips, told him she had waited in the rain for hours to see him, and had done the same thing twenty years earlier, on another of his tours. "You must be a glutton for punishment", he told her. Spot on, Chas !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, and then said:

Probably why they're not accepting that wealth and power anymore then... 

On 1/26/2020 at 1:31 AM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I never said otherwise.  I was simply pointing out that he and his wife wanted more.  That's not a crime as long as they earn it and don't steal it.  They're no worse than any other famous people.

I keep thinking that wedding must have cost an absolute bomb, and in no time at all they are abandoning ship !

• Like 2

Poor old Harry, whatever happened to the carefree life.

• Like 4

On 2/1/2020 at 7:29 AM, Habitat said:

I keep thinking that wedding must have cost an absolute bomb, and in no time at all they are abandoning ship !

It did. It also wasn't paid for by the public. 

26 minutes ago, Setton said:

It did. It also wasn't paid for by the public. 

These people looking like the biggest gold diggers since Rio Tinto, is an absolute gift to the Australian republican movement. The dam will burst when QE2 expires. Sussex Royal P/L indeed, the days are gone when even the royals eschewed such vulgarity.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Habitat said:

These people looking like the biggest gold diggers since Rio Tinto, is an absolute gift to the Australian republican movement. The dam will burst when QE2 expires. Sussex Royal P/L indeed, the days are gone when even the royals eschewed such vulgarity.

It seems, if you don't mind me saying, to be Australians who are the ones who seem to be most worked up about Harry 'n' Meghan, whom you'll rarely hear brought up any more in conversation over dinner in the United Kingdom of Britain. Like Brexit. No one talks about that anymore except Australians. :mellow:

7 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

It seems, if you don't mind me saying, to be Australians who are the ones who seem to be most worked up about Harry 'n' Meghan, whom you'll rarely hear brought up any more in conversation over dinner in the United Kingdom of Britain. Like Brexit. No one talks about that anymore except Australians. :mellow:

Well, if one of the central characters in the charade feels he'd rather not be a part of it any longer, it is time for countries like Australia to follow suit. I was not inclined one way or the other in the republic referendum about 20 years ago, can't even remember voting in it, or how I voted. The issue will not arise in the Queen's lifetime, but when she eventually goes to God, the tide of accumulated dissatisfaction with the feckless underlings will be irresistible. I absolutely reject the notion that the Australian taxpayer should be paying for any "royal tours". Little Harry and Meghan were out here last year, "acting" a role they had no heart for. The Queen will be the last Queen of Australia.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Prince Harry has reportedly been having therapy to overcome the death of his mother

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/08/prince-harry-admits-therapy-cope-mothers-death-12203592/?

Three years he's been in therapy.  How long has he known his wife? (lol)

I hate to say it but that girl seems like she may gut him and leave him in therapy from now on.  And as an added bonus, make him jump through hoops to see his kid :(  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Meghan and Harry will be back in Britain next month for their last official engagement.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been settling into their new life in Canada with their baby son Archie, and have been keeping a relatively low profile as they get adjusted. But next month, Prince Harry and Meghan have been asked to join the rest of the royal family for the Commonwealth service at Westminster Abbey, which will take place on 9 March. The Sunday Times reports that this will be the final round of official engagements for the couple, and that they will then return to Canada. The traditional Commonwealth service will also see other senior members of the royal family in attendance, including the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall.

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/meghan-markle-prince-harry-return-101801008.html

• Like 2

The Happy Couple's UK staff made redundant.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-prince-harry-meghan-markle-21493977

"Megxit bloodbath: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry AXE all 15 of their UK staff in surest sign yet they will never return to Britain to live - as shocked Palace sources 'say it's a difficult time for very loyal team'"

UK Mail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8001857/Shock-Harry-Meghan-axe-15-UK-staff.html

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

The Happy Couple's UK staff made redundant.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-prince-harry-meghan-markle-21493977

"Megxit bloodbath: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry AXE all 15 of their UK staff in surest sign yet they will never return to Britain to live - as shocked Palace sources 'say it's a difficult time for very loyal team'"

UK Mail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8001857/Shock-Harry-Meghan-axe-15-UK-staff.html

Well she's definitely not making any effort to make herself popular with the British people & the family she has married into, that's for sure.

• Like 1