Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
susieice

Prince Harry and Meghan Stepping Down

246 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

third_eye

Alas, after Brexit, the lads gotta find some locally produced women... 

~

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
'Walt' E. Kurtz
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Harry can get a job at Waitrose and Megan can do adverts. We have diverse adverts all the time, I am sure she can find a part.

Na she will end up in coronation street  or Emmerdale.

Edited by 'Walt' E. Kurtz
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
1 hour ago, Aaron2016 said:

I recall Harry has a net worth of something like $40 million and received about $10 million in his late mother's inheritance when he came of age.  The reports say that Harry and Meghan will continue with their Royal duties, but in a smaller fashion, which I guess is a legal perk which grants them tax payer travel expenses and living costs, body guards etc.  Will be interesting to discover where their child Archie will be educated and if he will grow up to have an American/Canadian accent.  Reminds me of the film 'King Ralph'.

 

Hello Archie

 

Image result for king ralph"

 

 

It's even stranger when you think Princess Diana had an American grandmother. I must say, King Ralph was hilarious. 

I don't think they will be totally separated from the royal family. Prince Charles will see his son and grandson. I think they'll spend a lot of time in England.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat

Chas is the most likeable of them, he knows the whole thing is just very strange theatre, for which, oddly, there still seems to be public demand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
8 hours ago, Habitat said:

I don't think the British public are going to be too happy with this news. One senses that Meghan wears the pants, and wants to distance herself from the royal charade. But unless they cut themselves from public monies immediately, it just looks like wanting the best of both worlds.

I try to mostly keep my opinions to myself where those kids are concerned but I have to agree that the impression he gives, despite his service in a theater of war, is that he lets her run things.  In a marriage where the wife is the most responsible, adult and focused there's nothing wrong with that arrangement.  In his situation, not so much.  But hey, if he's happy with the ride, so be it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
1 hour ago, and then said:

I try to mostly keep my opinions to myself where those kids are concerned but I have to agree that the impression he gives, despite his service in a theater of war, is that he lets her run things.  In a marriage where the wife is the most responsible, adult and focused there's nothing wrong with that arrangement.  In his situation, not so much.  But hey, if he's happy with the ride, so be it.

The senior members of the Royal Family weren't happy at Harry marrying an actress.

Lets also talk about the elephant in the room which is racism. It exists, its widespread, it always has been, and it always will be. We can pretend that it isn't and try to force people to hide it behind closed doors. But I have heard numerous people express how they arent happy with a member of the Royal Family marrying someone who is black.

For those who arent racist then there is the issue of how polarising she is. She doesnt conform to what people expect of a member of the Royal family. She isn't noble in her actions, demeanours, or behaviours. She also takes onboard polarising political campaigns advancing the views of snowflakes on the liberal-left, and even refused to meet President Trump when America is our most important ally.

In the UK the Royals do not get actively involved in politics, they do not pick sides, they do not express polarising views and if they have them they keep them to themselves, they are seen to always behave nobly. Maybe isn't of marrying into royalty it would have been more appropriate for her to join the Democrats in the US and stand as a politician? She is wrong for being a member of the Royal family and that has nothing to do with race.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat

They are calling it "Megxit". An old guy I know forecast she would do a runner. Harry is trotting along behind,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Habitat said:

They are calling it "Megxit". An old guy I know forecast she would do a runner. Harry is trotting along behind,

He won't be the first.  Uncle David started the whole debacle when he abdicated his throne for Wallis Simpson.  And of course, Chaaaarles...married Di and totally screwed up her life when he was in love with Camilla...Di is dead and we all know who Chaaaarles is with don't we.  Mmmm hmmm

I don't really see the Monarch lasting much longer after Elizabeth dies.  Chaaaarles is more like Uncle David apparently...except he doesn't have the looks....and no one 'loves' him like they did Uncle Dave.

Edited by joc
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
16 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Harry can get a job at Waitrose and Megan can do adverts. We have diverse adverts all the time, I am sure she can find a part.

<...and Harry doesn't mind if he doesn't make the scene...he's got a day time job...he's doing alright>

Wouldn't it be a hoot though...if a series of unfortunate events led to Harry being King and Megan....Queen consort!  And then what if they had a son and twenty years later...Harry dies.   Now there is one for the Monarchy Record Books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Still Waters

I can't say I'm surprised by this latest news and I don't blame them either. Meghan has been at the receiving end of a lot of online trolls and bad press. Unlike Kate who can do no wrong, Meghan, most of the time, can't do right for doing wrong. While becoming part of the royal family all sounds very grand, it has taken a toll on both her and Harry who has had to read and hear all the negativity and criticism aimed at his wife. People were happy enough when their wedding took place, royal weddings are always popular, so what's changed since then to make the couple feel like 'running away' from public life?

It wasn't so long ago that William and Harry were the best of friends, I think it's sad to see the rift between them now. They need their heads banging together to knock some sense into them. I can't help thinking what a difference it would have made to Meghan especially if Kate had taken her under her wing more, Kate is an 'old timer' now at being a royal, she oozes confidence and I feel Meghan doesn't.

Even when Archie was born Meghan came under scrutiny for not showing him off outside the hospital. Then another time she was criticised for the way she was holding him. Now it seems she's getting blamed for their royal duties departure. With everything that's happened it's understandable her and Harry have opted for a more private life, he must be as fed up of all the negativity as she is, and they have Archie to consider. There's also some speculation online that Meghan may be pregnant again, time will tell if she is or not.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
27 minutes ago, joc said:

He won't be the first.  Uncle David started the whole debacle when he abdicated his throne for Wallis Simpson.  And of course, Chaaaarles...married Di and totally screwed up her life when he was in love with Camilla...Di is dead and we all know who Chaaaarles is with don't we.  Mmmm hmmm

I don't really see the Monarch lasting much longer after Elizabeth dies.  Chaaaarles is more like Uncle David apparently...except he doesn't have the looks....and no one 'loves' him like they did Uncle Dave.

You really haven't a clue what you're talking about, have you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
22 minutes ago, joc said:

<...and Harry doesn't mind if he doesn't make the scene...he's got a day time job...he's doing alright>

Wouldn't it be a hoot though...if a series of unfortunate events led to Harry being King and Megan....Queen consort!  And then what if they had a son and twenty years later...Harry dies.   Now there is one for the Monarchy Record Books.

They already have a son. 

Who is also a US citizen. 

So he grows up, becomes president, then inherits the throne. And the ungrateful colonial's little tantrum can finally be brought to a sensible conclusion. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Still Waters

It appears Harry and Meghan's decision to step down hasn't been received too well at the palace.

Quote

The Royal Family are said to be "hurt" at the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's announcement they will step back as senior royals.

Prince Harry and Meghan did not consult any senior royal about making the statement, it is understood.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51043220

 

Quote

The Royal Family was said to be "hurt" and "deeply disappointed" on Wednesday night after the Duke and Duchess of Sussex "stepped back" as senior members without consulting the Queen, the Prince of Wales or the Duke of Cambridge.

 Aides stressed the announcement was "personal" and had not been approved by the palace.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2020/01/08/prince-harry-meghan-step-back-senior-members-royal-family-couple/

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skookum

One thing is for sure she is going to milk this for every penny she can get. Oprah will have whole seasons devoted to her experiences. Magazines will be bidding for exclusives. 

If they wanted money they will certainly get that. 

They can also continue their jet set lifestyle they have become so accustomed to but without the criticism they caused by preaching climate change to everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Still Waters
10 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

"Madame Tussauds separates Harry and Meghan from rest of royal family"

For goodness sake :lol: They didn't waste any time!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn

who can blame them a young couple with a child constantly hounded by the media. Harry joined the army to get away from it all, and then the media then fecked that up by announcing he was serving in Afghanistan and so he had to be pulled from front line service, and in order to join and serve at the sharp end he had to transfer to Army Air-corps, flying the Apache.

from the numerous interviews he's done, its clear he struggles with the media, the limelight. etc... I don't blame him splitting his time between living in Canada and the UK. escape the clutches and lenses of the same media who contributed to his poor mothers death.

The media in the UK are gutter rats.

Good luck to the lad.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Still Waters said:

I can't say I'm surprised by this latest news and I don't blame them either. Meghan has been at the receiving end of a lot of online trolls and bad press. Unlike Kate who can do no wrong, Meghan, most of the time, can't do right for doing wrong. While becoming part of the royal family all sounds very grand, it has taken a toll on both her and Harry who has had to read and hear all the negativity and criticism aimed at his wife. People were happy enough when their wedding took place, royal weddings are always popular, so what's changed since then to make the couple feel like 'running away' from public life?

It wasn't so long ago that William and Harry were the best of friends, I think it's sad to see the rift between them now. They need their heads banging together to knock some sense into them. I can't help thinking what a difference it would have made to Meghan especially if Kate had taken her under her wing more, Kate is an 'old timer' now at being a royal, she oozes confidence and I feel Meghan doesn't.

Even when Archie was born Meghan came under scrutiny for not showing him off outside the hospital. Then another time she was criticised for the way she was holding him. Now it seems she's getting blamed for their royal duties departure. With everything that's happened it's understandable her and Harry have opted for a more private life, he must be as fed up of all the negativity as she is, and they have Archie to consider. There's also some speculation online that Meghan may be pregnant again, time will tell if she is or not.

Its not trolling or bad press.

People dont like her, she is like the left-wing version of Trump and it polarises people. She is using her position to fight for her political views when as a married in member of the Royal Family she should be publicly seen to be apolitical. Royals are not politicians, they are our state apparatus to prevent tyranny.

She doesnt understand what Royalty is about and doesnt fit the role.

Edited by RabidMongoose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
Posted (edited)

Charles has long said he wants to trim down what the immediate royal family would be. It would take horrific circumstances no one wants to ever see for Harry or Archie to ever become king. I don't blame them for wanting to form their own lives. They'll never really escape the press. The US media are just as bad. They may choose to settle in Canada. But they can proactively set up a good, stable life for themselves and their family and Meghan's mother will become an endeared grandmother in Archie's life. This is just my opinion, but I get a feeling this is what Harry has always wished he had. He is still very, very close to his mother's family. Diana's sisters were at Archie's baptism and were included in the family photograph. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
13 hours ago, joc said:

<...and Harry doesn't mind if he doesn't make the scene...he's got a day time job...he's doing alright>

Wouldn't it be a hoot though...if a series of unfortunate events led to Harry being King and Megan....Queen consort!  And then what if they had a son and twenty years later...Harry dies.   Now there is one for the Monarchy Record Books.

My bad...Harry could never be king....William's eldest would be King.  Good luck seeing that ever happen..when Elizabeth dies...that will probably be the end of the Monarch in England....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ethereal_scout

According to Sky News Harry gets 95% of his income from the Duchy of Cornwall (Prince Charles' land) and only 5% from the public purse so to speak. So I'd say he's financially secure.

As to being independent of his fathers or grannies purse, I suppose that's the challenge. Megans worth £3M from her acting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
4 minutes ago, ethereal_scout said:

According to Sky News Harry gets 95% of his income from the Duchy of Cornwall (Prince Charles' land) and only 5% from the public purse so to speak. So I'd say he's financially secure.

As to being independent of his fathers or grannies purse, I suppose that's the challenge. Megans worth £3M from her acting.

He and William both got quite a large inheritance from their mother. 

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/celebs/a30446498/prince-harry-net-worth/

According to Forbes, Princess Diana reportedly left both Prince William and Prince Harry $10 million after taxes, and they started receiving annual dividends at age 25 to the tune of $450,000 a year. That’s a lot to live on—even for a fancy royal. (Psst: Diana also left her boys a gorgeous collection of jewelry, although I think we can all agree it’s fully priceless.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice

Meghan is worth about $5 million. $30 million is a comfortable start in life. I'd say they're pretty independent already.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-much-money-meghan-markle-prince-harry-need-financial-independence-2020-1

Together, Meghan and Harry are worth $30 million. Meghan's net worth is estimated to be about $5 million from her acting career, and Harry's net worth is reportedly at least $25 million, comprised of an inheritance from Princess Diana and an annual allowance from Prince Charles. It's unknown how much of this comes from the crown.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
3 hours ago, joc said:

My bad...Harry could never be king....William's eldest would be King.  Good luck seeing that ever happen..when Elizabeth dies...that will probably be the end of the Monarch in England....

And there would be much rejoicing. Not at Betty's death, but at the abolishment of the monarchy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

And there would be much rejoicing. Not at Betty's death, but at the abolishment of the monarchy.

Nor will I  rejoice at Elizabeth II's death.  I think she is a strong and good woman.  The Monarchy doesn't rule anything...except the Constitution of the Church...whatever that means...and of course...it's self.

Nor will I rejoice in the demise of the Monarchy...because it is the History.  Neither do I see a reason for it to survive in it's current form except as an entitlement for those who apparently neither want it, nor love it, nor feel a sense of destiny about it.  Queen Elizabeth IS the Monarchy.  I don't see how it survives without her....Good luck  Chuck, and/or Willy.  We shall see....

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!  and I mean that sincerely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.