Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
susieice

Prince Harry and Meghan Stepping Down

237 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Captain Risky
4 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

And there would be much rejoicing. Not at Betty's death, but at the abolishment of the monarchy.

As an institution the royal British monarchy has outlived its purpose. Still its a massive tourist attraction that rakes in millions upon millions a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Risky

Good on Harry and Meagan. He;s just an unneeded spare. Bravo to Meagan for wanting a life. They have the money and fame to make a go of it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aaron2017

If Harry and Meghan become the official Royal representatives of Canada then that surely is a good thing.  Keeps Canada within the Commonwealth with a Royal presence, and makes England a little less crowded with so many Royals there.  It's a win-win situation overall.  Good to spread their wings.

 

 

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Still Waters

Meghan has returned to Canada. Meanwhile....

Quote

What is being worked through right now are issues like Harry and Meghan’s HRH titles, their funding (most of which comes from Prince Charles’ Duchy of Cornwall estate), their security (paid for by publicly-funded police budgets), their charities and patronages, Harry’s military titles and the Sussex family accommodation.

The Duke and Duchess’ Frogmore Cottage in Windsor, which is owned by the Queen, was renovated at a cost of £2.4 million last year.

The money came from the public part of the royal finances, the Sovereign Grant.

The Sussexes say they want to continue to live at Frogmore, if they have the Queen’s permission to do so.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-01-10/meghan-flies-back-to-canada-tasking-harry-with-resolving-sussex-shaped-crisis/

Quote

Despite the couple's decision, Harry will remain sixth in line to the throne.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51055074

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spud the mackem

Having read your posts , my pov is how would you lot like to be surrounded by the media every time you go outdoors no matter where you are ,if you sneeze its recorded and appears on the main media news , why don't the Media just leave them alone to live life as they want to , I can fully understand that they are getting sick of the unrelenting attention and so would I be , think of what your life would be like being under a microscope every minute of your life, but then some people would love the attention .I think that they are both nice people who just want to be left alone. Lets do it.   (rant over) 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
On 1/9/2020 at 2:42 AM, RabidMongoose said:

But I have heard numerous people express how they arent happy with a member of the Royal Family marrying someone who is black.

I knew nothing about her at all until the news of the two of them marrying.  I certainly didn't know she was black.  That doesn't matter to me at all but her attitude is unseemly, IMO.  I'd imagine that having Royals - who I guess the taxpayers fund - climbing on political bandwagons would be a source of anger for many.  The young woman simply doesn't seem to even try to get along, from what little I've heard.  I wish him the best.  I think he'll need all the help he can get before it's over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Love Buzz

I wouldn't want to be any part of that royal family. They're the reason why Diana is dead. Good for Harry & Meghan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
18 hours ago, joc said:

My bad...Harry could never be king....William's eldest would be King.  Good luck seeing that ever happen..when Elizabeth dies...that will probably be the end of the Monarch in England....

You really haven't a clue. 

The monarchy will outlive Elizabeth, Charles, William and you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
9 hours ago, and then said:

I knew nothing about her at all until the news of the two of them marrying.  I certainly didn't know she was black.  That doesn't matter to me at all but her attitude is unseemly, IMO.  I'd imagine that having Royals - who I guess the taxpayers fund - climbing on political bandwagons would be a source of anger for many.  The young woman simply doesn't seem to even try to get along, from what little I've heard.  I wish him the best.  I think he'll need all the help he can get before it's over.

Funny how you'll rabidly attack the mainstream media on Trump but rely entirely on them for your perception of the Royal Family. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat

Andrew must be pretty happy with Harry and Meghan drawing the attention away from him, as the fly in the Royal ointment. Being an old Navy man, Andrew realises a smoke-screen still has its uses.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skookum

I think it would be naive to think that there is not people out there that don't like her because of her ethnicity. They are just plain racists. 

However I think this is a very small proportion. 

For some reason they just fail to connect with people. Harry was a daring, fun loving brave bloke. He seems to have turned into a rather sad faced recluse. Remember this is the guy bigging up the invictus games, racing Usain Bolt and playing strip billiards.

Ok the strip billiards probably isn't appropriate now but why has his duties and past times become too dull to report on?

Since married they seem to have sunk into a lackluster pace and give the impression that life is one holiday after another.

Hiring Meghan's mother as an advisor. Really, what on Earth does she know about Royal life and its difficulties?

The fued with Kate and William has certainly not helped.

As to them trying to earn money off the Sussex Royal brand. I think this is the part that is broken.

Lets be honest if they spent 6 months of the year in Canada or more and some in the UK without this announcement, would anyone really have noticed?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead
8 hours ago, Setton said:

Funny how you'll rabidly attack the mainstream media on Trump but rely entirely on them for your perception of the Royal Family. 

Just curious...

Who are the Royal family to you?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
9 hours ago, skookum said:

As to them trying to earn money off the Sussex Royal brand. I think this is the part that is broken.

 What is breaking...not broken yet... has been cracking for decades... the Brand itself.  The House of Windsor is again, in crisis...and the only thing that keeps it together is Queen Elizabeth II.   The Monarchy itself is in crisis...which means the UK is in crisis.  The bond between Parliament and The Crown is deep...too deep to just be dissolved away.  The Constitution itself therefore is in crisis.  Apparently what the Queen understands and far too many in the Royal family do not is that....The Crown must win...The Crown must Always win!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
11 hours ago, skookum said:

I think it would be naive to think that there is not people out there that don't like her because of her ethnicity. They are just plain racists. 

However I think this is a very small proportion. 

For some reason they just fail to connect with people. Harry was a daring, fun loving brave bloke. He seems to have turned into a rather sad faced recluse. Remember this is the guy bigging up the invictus games, racing Usain Bolt and playing strip billiards.

Ok the strip billiards probably isn't appropriate now but why has his duties and past times become too dull to report on?

Since married they seem to have sunk into a lackluster pace and give the impression that life is one holiday after another.

Hiring Meghan's mother as an advisor. Really, what on Earth does she know about Royal life and its difficulties?

The fued with Kate and William has certainly not helped.

As to them trying to earn money off the Sussex Royal brand. I think this is the part that is broken.

Lets be honest if they spent 6 months of the year in Canada or more and some in the UK without this announcement, would anyone really have noticed?

 

The liberal-left believe they hold the moral high-ground when it comes to feminism, gay rights, gender identity politics, pro-immigration, and environmental policies. Not only arent they able to accept that a lot of people dont agree with them, they cannot see how deeply polarising they are either.

People laugh at Trump being polarising but Megan is exactly the same. Like I have said before, she isn't seen to be apolitical in public life but is using her position to promote her deeply polarising views which make her genuinely unpopular with the British public. There is also the racism which I feel you are down playing as being just a minority of people who are racists when its about 60% of the population.

For me I tried to be tolerant of Harry marrying her, and was for a while, but the final straw came when she refused to be present at Donald Trumps state visit. That kind of behaviour is unbecoming from a member of the royal family be it by birth or marriage. Also, why is she making all of their decisions while he follows on behind like a loyal puppy?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
On 1/10/2020 at 11:46 AM, and then said:

I knew nothing about her at all until the news of the two of them marrying.  I certainly didn't know she was black.  That doesn't matter to me at all but her attitude is unseemly, IMO.  I'd imagine that having Royals - who I guess the taxpayers fund - climbing on political bandwagons would be a source of anger for many.  The young woman simply doesn't seem to even try to get along, from what little I've heard.  I wish him the best.  I think he'll need all the help he can get before it's over.

I agree with you, she isn't a team fit for royalty.

Putting aside her ethnicity she has the wrong personality type.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome

Let me carry out a self assessment to determine how indifferent I am to the Great Harry & Meghan Furore. 

Um... almost completely. :mellow:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose

Even the CNN knows race is significantly responsible for Megan`s unpopularity:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/10/entertainment/meghan-markle-blame-all-sides-race-trnd/index.html

But as a left-wing newspaper it cannot grasp the other half which is her deeply polarising views. Someone should have explained to her that she will struggle to get acceptance due to her ethnicity with many people, so the last thing she wants to go and do on top of that is to express polarising political views. Its too much. She also lacks the charisma and PR skills to turn it around.

Edited by RabidMongoose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spud the mackem

It doesn't matter that she is slightly coloured as far as I am concerned ,whether she black,  white , yellow or green , as long as she is a good wife to our 'arry who cares . Anyone who has a racial chip on their shoulder , is living in the days of slavery and should be held to account ,  there are some really good ethnic people around and we should live with it . More than half of British Hospitals have foreign and coloured guys and girls upholding our N.H.S. and it couldn't run without them. I am British ,white , and my ancestry goes back to about 1372 . 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bed of chaos

Wish I could 'step down' with over 40 million.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat

I see some rascal has trademarked "Sussex Royal" in the EU area, it is tough being in the royal "business".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome
17 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Someone should have explained to her that she will struggle to get acceptance due to her ethnicity with many people, so the last thing she wants to go and do on top of that is to express polarising political views.

so what, you're saying that having an "ethnicity" is in itself enough to struggle to get acceptance with many people? Merciful heavens, it's like 195 blinkin' 6. And further more,to compound that she - she has political views?! People -people from ethnicIties shouldn't have political views!! :angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skookum

I don't like the ethnicity card being played. Sure there are idiots in the UK and we are tough on them. For Lords sake it is now a standing joke that the Police spend more time reading social media for racial and hate comments than the do on the street.

I am not buying it. Anyway running of to the USA is hardly a place to go to avoid it. I remember reading the most despicable comments written by Americans about Obama. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat

Rolling in money, they want to make more from "Sussex Royal", while ditching the boring chore of going through the ceremonials and public appearances. I would think a splendid argument for a republic of Australia. Reckon they will hasten another referendum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spud the mackem
5 hours ago, Habitat said:

Rolling in money, they want to make more from "Sussex Royal", while ditching the boring chore of going through the ceremonials and public appearances. I would think a splendid argument for a republic of Australia. Reckon they will hasten another referendum.

Good on you Blue , then you can take our flag out of the corner of yours , then send all the Brits back home , which would seriously deplete your population , and then we would not have to come to your aid when you're attacked . I have Aussie friends  in England who don't want to return to your Country ,because the beer is crap and they are sick of Kangaroos, Crocs, Sharks and poisonous Spiders in the Dunny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.