Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did Iran shoot down Ukraine passenger plane?

Eldorado

So the Iranians have cleared the crash site of all debris ? I mean, how suspicious is THAT ? 

And they have already determined that the memory of the black boxes might have been damaged. Seeing as their are only three places in the WORLD capable of reading those black boxes (the UK, France, and Washington), how could they POSSIBLY know that ? More suspicious behaviour. 

And the Leadership has stated that ".. it is scientifically impossible for Iran to have shot the plane down". 

Scientifically impossible ? Are these people on drugs or something ? Or are they just profoundly ignorant ? 

• Thanks 8

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

So the Iranians have cleared the crash site of all debris ? I mean, how suspicious is THAT ? 

And they have already determined that the memory of the black boxes might have been damaged. Seeing as their are only three places in the WORLD capable of reading those black boxes (the UK, France, and Washington), how could they POSSIBLY know that ? More suspicious behaviour. 

And the Leadership has stated that ".. it is scientifically impossible for Iran to have shot the plane down". 

Scientifically impossible ? Are these people on drugs or something ? Or are they just profoundly ignorant ? 

Average IQ in Iran is 84.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

I think they are trying to use the fact that these missiles, are designed to explode near impact rather then collide with the object, this in almost all cases results in the break up of the plane, especially a civilian plane that does not have any countermeasures, but there are many variables that they are seemingly ignoring.

I dont think whatever happend was intentional, but Iran trying to avoid any potential evidence so they arnt found guilty, it is betraying the individuals who lost their lives, they should come out with complete transparency in this case, especially when the international community understands that it was likley un-intentional, so do the right thing, put your hands up and move on to make things right!

Edited by .AKUMA.
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, .AKUMA. said:

I think they are trying to use the fact that these missiles, are designed to explode near impact rather then collide with the object, this in almost all cases results in the break up of the plane, especially a civilian plane that does not have any countermeasures, but there are many variables that they are seemingly ignoring.

I dont think whatever happend was intentional, but Iran trying to avoid any potential evidence so they arnt found guilty, it is betraying the individuals who lost their lives, they should come out with complete transparency in this case, especially when the international community understands that it was likley un-intentional, so do the right thing, put your hands up and move on to make things right!

I agree wholeheartedly. Trouble is, the Ayatollah's don't think like that. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

*cough* Iran Air 655 *cough*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Setton said:

Reagan wrote to the Iranian leadership apologising for that within days of it happening. America did NOT try to deny that it happened, unlike the Ayatollah's. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

The only way a black box is going to be damaged is if it had taken a direct missile hit, the dam things are almost indestructible here a link that's shows what they can with stand.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2014/03/11/289189214/what-would-it-take-to-destroy-a-black-box

peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Holy sh**! I remember one of the first vids of the crash site and it looked like it was a sightseeing hot spot for the whole villages`s population. I also remember an old idiot guy who "worked" with a dirty shovel on a fuselage part, for whatever reasons. Phorensics, with a v, like fish.

• Thanks 1

Trouble is, I don't trust western media any more than I trust the Iranians ....... So not really sure what to believe.   And I'm not sure I believe the conveniently filmed video allegedly showing a missile hitting the aircraft either.

However photographic evidence does seem to suggest it was hit by an AA missile.  According to those who claim to know about such things.  And this would explain the lack of contact between pilots and air traffic control.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Essan said:

Trouble is, I don't trust western media any more than I trust the Iranians ....... So not really sure what to believe.   And I'm not sure I believe the conveniently filmed video allegedly showing a missile hitting the aircraft either.

However photographic evidence does seem to suggest it was hit by an AA missile.  According to those who claim to know about such things.  And this would explain the lack of contact between pilots and air traffic control.

I have found Bellingcat seem to be unbiased and don't invent facts.

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/mena/2020/01/09/video-apparently-showing-flight-ps572-missile-strike-geolocated-to-iranian-suburb/  

Looks like a total lock down on using Iranian airspace is now in place. 

A ban on UK airlines flying over Iran and Iraq airspace was issued by the Department for Transport today (January 10) as part of a NOTAM (Notice to Airmen).

Two separate NOTAMS were issued.
One said: "Airspace security warning issued by the Department for Transport in response to the hazardous situation in Iraq. Potential risk from heightened military activity and dedicated anti-aviation weaponry in Iraq. Operators are advised not to enter the territory and airspace of Iraq (included the Baghdad FIR)."

While the second one said: "Airspace security warning issued by the Department for Transport in response to the hazardous situation in Iran. Potential risk from heightened military activity and dedicated anti-aviation weaponry in Iran. Operators are advised not to enter the territory and airspace of Iraq.

https://www.************/travel/10712310/uk-airlines-banned-from-iran-iraq/ 

• Like 1

This doesn’t look good for Iran:

“Prystaiko said Ukrainian experts had been given access to the crash site but according to a crew from the US broadcaster CBS News who reached the crash site by 9am on Thursday morning, it appeared to have been cleared of the plane’s debris. “Scavengers now picking the site clean,” said Elizabeth Palmer, a CBS correspondent. “No security. Not cordoned off. No sign of any investigators.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/10/serious-concerns-raised-over-integrity-of-iran-plane-crash-site

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Yeah.  This is how they think:

https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2020/01/10/iran-bulldozed-plane-crash-site-before-outside-investigators-arrived/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=daily&utm_campaign=20200110&utm_content=Final

I'll give them points for pure chutzpah.  A bulldozer, no less :( 

• Thanks 1

Iran just admitted to shooting down the Ukranian jet, they are saying the jet got too close to a vital military base at what was determined to be a dangerous altitude and direction and due to human error was shot down.

• Thanks 3

This was David Muir's report on ABC tonight. Iran was still denying they shot down the plane and much is made of the wreckage having been cleaned up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

They announced it like 30 minutes ago, every Iranian media source is admitting Iran shot down the Ukranian plane

• Like 3

bad enough losing people is a plane crash, worse when you know it wasn't an accident.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Iran just admitted to shooting down the Ukranian jet, they are saying the jet got too close to a vital military base at what was determined to be a dangerous altitude and direction and due to human error was shot down.

Well it's about time, at least they are being to honest and that's the amazing part. It appears the current situation has them at a disadvantage, they can no longer hide things, because they currently have a knife to their throat. With the threats that our President has made over the last few days they are afraid to lie, and that's a good thing.

According to incoming reports the Irainians fired two Russian Surface to Air Missiles at the plane because it was misidentified. So like I said in my previous posts to this thread, they made a mistake and someone fired on the plane. It was most likely inexperienced Missile Battery operators who misread the radar signature of the plane because of the way it turned after take off they thought they were being attacked for the Missile attack at the US Air bases in Iraq. 

Peace

13 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

They announced it like 30 minutes ago, every Iranian media source is admitting Iran shot down the Ukranian plane

I see the Telegraph has published this within the last half hour.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/iran-plane-crash-iranians-deny-us-claims-missile-shot-down-ukrainian-plane-today-2020-01-10-live-updates/

The Washington Post had said that Iran must tell the truth. I think US and Canadian officials will be in Tehran tomorrow. The black box will tell.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/iran-plane-crash-iranians-deny-us-claims-missile-shot-down-ukrainian-plane-today-2020-01-10-live-updates/

The Guardian also published this about 20 minutes ago.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/11/iran-admits-shooting-down-ukrainian-airliner-unintentionally

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, toast said:

Holy sh**! I remember one of the first vids of the crash site and it looked like it was a sightseeing hot spot for the whole villages`s population. I also remember an old idiot guy who "worked" with a dirty shovel on a fuselage part, for whatever reasons. Phorensics, with a v, like fish.

The sad thing is all those people in my opinion where not there in an official capacity, like you said it really looked like the entire village was on a site seeing trip, as ghoulish as that sounds. But I will also bet that some of those idiots were filling their pockets with anything of value they could find, now while this is my opinion and nothing more, I can really see and believe that was happening. I bet some farmer is plowing his field with a horse right now wearing a Rolex that he picked out there.:angry:

peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Setton said:

So you got a plane stuck in your throat?:-*

Peace out!!!

• Haha 1

Well that goes to show the complications of battle and war especially over a city. Everyone is on edge you know and things are happening fast. Fear and nerves , they are probably thinking at the time that it may be incoming enemy jets. Still they should have shut down flight in and out of Tehran with missiles launching and all.

Edited by razman