Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Study claims to have 'debunked' dark energy

UM-Bot

Brought to you by Yonsei. The same crew of chuckleheads who promised cloned Mammoths and other megafauna over a decade ago.  Rated 105th best university worldwide. :yes:

Edited by Piney
**** Atlantis
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wouldn't the stars in younger galaxies appear fainter because they are still surrounded by a cloud of coalescing dust, and maybe even n the infancy of their cycles?

3 hours ago, Piney said:

Brought to you by Yonsei. The same crew of chuckleheads who promised cloned Mammoths and other megafauna over a decade ago.  Rated 105th best university worldwide. :yes:

105 is pretty good when you consider there are over 25,000 universities worldwide.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joshy said:

105 is pretty good when you consider there are over 25,000 universities worldwide.

I'm sarcastically mocking Koreans because my grandson who reads here is one. :yes: 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, joshy said:

That equals .5% of all the universities.

Nothing at its foundation is energy, but thought, whether an idea, an emotion, or visual, auditory, tactile, or olfactory stimuli as thought forms.  To state otherwise is to subscribe to a belief in a division of consciousness, which is impossible.

The belief in solidity of the projected thought forms deemed matter is the result of tactile phenomena coupled with the general unwillingness of consciousness to imagine penetration of apparent solids within the vast array of static imagery in this single moment experience.  It's no different than a cartoonist dealing in animation cels attempting to tell a good story.

Edited by Brian K
  • Thanks 1

Join the dark side of the farce Luke 

To quote NDT: "Most major scientific discoveries begin with someone saying 'hmm, that's odd'" 

I'm no cosmologist so my opinion matters very little, but I've always had a 'gut' problem with Dark Energy. I've always felt that there has to be data that's missing, not a phantom force. Ergo, we're not seeing 'something' from the correct angle. This is a pretty cool twist and I'm excited to see what comes of it over the next few years, if anything.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

Join the dark side of the farce Luke 

I've heard many favorable reviews of the cookies that the dark side has to offer, but if procurement involves a late model oversized van of a milk chocolate brown with pin stripe paint scheme, with or without a side rear bubble window, the deal's off.

• Haha 1

On 1/9/2020 at 11:05 PM, Brian K said:

Nothing at its foundation is energy, but thought, whether an idea, an emotion, or visual, auditory, tactile, or olfactory stimuli as thought forms.  To state otherwise is to subscribe to a belief in a division of consciousness, which is impossible.

The belief in solidity of the projected thought forms deemed matter is the result of tactile phenomena coupled with the general unwillingness of consciousness to imagine penetration of apparent solids within the vast array of static imagery in this single moment experience.  It's no different than a cartoonist dealing in animation cels attempting to tell a good story.

That literally makes zero sense to me.  A person with the ability to manifest “thought forms” into material existence is what many people on Earth call “God.”

45 minutes ago, Guyver said:

That literally makes zero sense to me.  A person with the ability to manifest “thought forms” into material existence is what many people on Earth call “God.”

The most someone can do is create their own hallucination. Doing this intentionally require deep concentration and visualization ability, it takes almost constant effort, and a lot of headaches. However there isn't any proof for it being more than just a hallucination. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

The most someone can do is create their own hallucination. Doing this intentionally require deep concentration and visualization ability, it takes almost constant effort, and a lot of headaches. However there isn't any proof for it being more than just a hallucination. 

Of course.  If we could manifest our thoughts, we'd all be attractive, rich and healthy.  

10 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Of course.  If we could manifest our thoughts, we'd all be attractive, rich and healthy.  

Exactly. Life would be too easy. If one were to apply that same unwavering attention towards something they wish, along with steadfast determination, they could achieve victories great and small in their lives. Instead many waste such energy and potential with wishful thinking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/10/2020 at 1:05 AM, Brian K said:

hogwash1.jpg.963af186ee02fec45ccdade2016b8fe1.jpg

15 hours ago, Guyver said:

I don't want to get too far in the weeds with this, but I've actually given this a lot of thought over the decades and I'm not sure that's true. Suffering seems to be a requirement of the human condition for some unknown reason and whether you believe you manifest your reality or not, I certainly see many contributing to their only suffering willingly. There's an entire deep discussion to be had here, but as I said, I don't want to get too far down this rabbit hole just now. My .02 of everything being an 'illusion' is simply no, it's not. While it's true that some aspects of the smoky mirror apply (your brain is interpreting input of electrical signals and creating images) there is a physical universe and it does have rules. How much can you control your own reality? Well, that's the big tamale isn't it? 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 3:38 PM, Guyver said:

Visual hallucination in concert with subconsciously controlled lack of movement, the antithesis of tics and spasms, is neither godlike nor a question of turning thought form into a genuine physical manifestation.  All the imaginary perceptive stimuli is momentary, therefore static and finite, albeit vast.  There is no power or duality whatsoever in merely thinking and feeling.  

On 1/17/2020 at 8:29 PM, XenoFish said:

Exactly. Life would be too easy. If one were to apply that same unwavering attention towards something they wish, along with steadfast determination, they could achieve victories great and small in their lives. Instead many waste such energy and potential with wishful thinking. 

What some describe as a void or nothingness during meditation is polar neutralization, but the polarizing experience of perception is by no means limited to one's deliberate amnesiac perspective, so much goes on behind the figurative scenes on an undissociated level.  The post to which your responded, referring to everyone being rich, heathy, and attractive, forsakes far too many unguarded or subconscious thoughts.  One who experiences uncorroborated auditory hallucinations gets a little better glimpse into what generally remains unexplored, but is still the tip of the iceberg in terms of what one believes one wants on a vain, fleeting, egoistic basis versus what one ultimately wants, which is a variety of emotional reactions to sustain one's story.  In terms of attractiveness, if one is triggered by those one considers ugly, that is an emotional reaction to and investment in an idea of ugliness, not a perception of beauty.

2 minutes ago, Brian K said:

What some describe as a void or nothingness during meditation is polar neutralization, but the polarizing experience of perception is by no means limited to one's deliberate amnesiac perspective, so much goes on behind the figurative scenes on an undissociated level.  The post to which your responded, referring to everyone being rich, heathy, and attractive, forsakes far too many unguarded or subconscious thoughts.  One who experiences uncorroborated auditory hallucinations gets a little better glimpse into what generally remains unexplored, but is still the tip of the iceberg in terms of what one believes one wants on a vain, fleeting, egoistic basis versus what one ultimately wants, which is a variety of emotional reactions to sustain one's story.  In terms of attractiveness, if one is triggered by those one considers ugly, that is an emotional reaction to and investment in an idea of ugliness, not a perception of beauty.

So crazy people for the win, got it.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

So crazy people for the win, got it.

And ad hominem for the forfeiture.  Congratulations.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brian K said:

And ad hominem for the forfeiture.  Congratulations.

I'm not much for word salad. It's always unpalatable.

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I'm not much for word salad. It's always unpalatable.

Well poisoning, too?  You're making a fallacy salad, sir.

• Haha 1