Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Warner Bros to use AI to predict movie hits

Still Waters

Warner Bros are going to start using artificial intelligence (AI) to help predict how successful their films could be.

The platform will allow them to test profitability outcomes depending on different factors including casting, distributor and release date.

Warner Bros. Pictures International - which is one of the "big six" in Hollywood - has signed a deal with LA start-up Cinelytic to use their project management system, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

https://news.sky.com/story/warner-bros-to-use-artificial-intelligence-to-predict-box-office-hits-11904448

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• The title was changed to Warner Bros to use AI to predict movie hits

If they can make it reliable, maybe they can then write one for NETFLIX.  After all these years their program that does the "You might like... because you liked ..." is still very sad and stupid, many more misses than hits with it.

Edited by Desertrat56

I hope it puts an end to "femakes" (remakes with females), like the newest Ghostbusters movie.

5 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

I hope it puts an end to "femakes" (remakes with females), like the newest Ghostbusters movie.

Yeah, that must be hard on you to see a silly, slapstick, hero movie remade to let the women be the silly heros ones for a change.

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Yeah, that must be hard on you to see a silly, slapstick, hero movie remade to let the women be the silly heros ones for a change.

I think it's silly. Give them their own story. Don't imitate, innovate (like the slogan goes).

1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

I think it's silly. Give them their own story. Don't imitate, innovate (like the slogan goes).

I just look at it like Hollywood doesn't have any creative people any more so they redo stuff that made money before.  How many times has "A Star is Born" been remade, sometimes with a woman as the lead character and sometimes a man.  When people quit watching remakes they might start looking for new stories.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I just look at it like Hollywood doesn't have any creative people any more so they redo stuff that made money before.  How many times has "A Star is Born" been remade, sometimes with a woman as the lead character and sometimes a man.  When people quit watching remakes they might start looking for new stories.

I'm hoping they'll make more portrait movies, like The Dirt, Bohemian Rhapsody and Rocketman. The time is ripe for them.
I'd absolutely love to see movies about old rock bands like Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden and Guns N Roses.

5 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

I'm hoping they'll make more portrait movies, like The Dirt, Bohemian Rhapsody and Rocketman. The time is ripe for them.
I'd absolutely love to see movies about old rock bands like Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden and Guns N Roses.

The only rock group movie I enjoyed was "This is Spinal Tap"  if you have seen that one, you have seen them all.  And at least it is funny. 

13 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

if you have seen that one, you have seen them all

I think that applies to all genres. But if you want a laugh, you should watch The Dirt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sci-nerd said:

I think that applies to all genres. But if you want a laugh, you should watch The Dirt.

Thanks for the recommendation.  I have not heard of that movie.

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

Thanks for the recommendation.  I have not heard of that movie.

It's about Mötley Crüe.

Just now, sci-nerd said:

It's about Mötley Crüe.

OK.  I will have to listen to some of their music first to remember who they were.  I recognize the name but don't remember them.  :D

5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

OK.  I will have to listen to some of their music first to remember who they were.  I recognize the name but don't remember them.  :D

Their most popular hits are

and

Edited by sci-nerd

22 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Their most popular hits are

and

Well, now I know why did didn't remember them.  :lol:  I was too old, or too busy raising kids.  somehow I avoided this kind of music.  Thanks for the videos.  I was pretty much out of the music of the 80's except for Huey Lewis and Bobby McFarrin

7 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

I'm not sure I'd trust a Black Sabbath movie..Sharon Osbourne would probably monopolize everything.

Edited by Bed of chaos
  • Haha 1

A.I. might recommend

"windows 7, the OS Wars"

~

• Haha 1