Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What happens to deferring intentions in the

XenoFish

intention
[inˈten(t)SH(ə)n]
NOUN
intentions (plural noun)
  1. a thing intended; an aim or plan.
    "she was full of good intentions" · "Ukraine and Kazakhstan have both declared their intention to be nuclear-free"
    synonyms:
  2. medicine
    the healing process of a wound.See first intention, second intention.

ORIGIN
late Middle English: from Old Frenchentencion, from Latinintentio(n-) ‘stretching, purpose’, from intendere (see intend).

I hope whoever wrote that nonsense isn't getting paid much, it is mumbo-jumbo, as exemplified by.....

"That is, intention deactivation and the occurrence of aftereffects are modulated by a multitude of factors that either foster a rapid deactivation or lead to continued retrieval of completed intentions. "

Who is he trying to kid ?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, XenoFish said:

https://neurosciencenews.com/deferred-intentions-brain-15444/amp/

Summary: Completed intentions are often not deactivated immediately but continue to affect people, especially when it comes to implementing new intentions.

Ye gods! What a waste of time and effort that 'study' is. Have people really got nothing better to do with their time? :hmm:

7 hours ago, XenoFish said:

And? 

........ and what are your thoughts on the subject? What aspect in particular would you like to discuss? I think I'm right in saying you are quite fond of berating posters who just post a link or a video without giving some input of their own.

" Psychobabble ", (a portmanteau of "psychology" or "psychoanalysis" and "babble") is a form of speech or writing that uses psychological jargon, buzzwords, and esoteric language to create an impression of truth or plausibility. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ouija ouija said:

I think I'm right in saying you are quite fond of berating posters who just post a link or a video without giving some input of their own.

Wrong. When there is no context to the link or video I ask what the discussion is about. I have provided a link and a summary of it. 

1 hour ago, ouija ouija said:

Ye gods! What a waste of time and effort that 'study' is. Have people really got nothing better to do with their time?

Why are you even in this thread? Nothing better to do? Are you just here to troll me? Seems to be something you like doing. 

If you do not have anything of value to add to this thread, find another one to spend your time in. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

What is it you wish to find out about intentions?

Whether they are honourable ?

• Haha 1

Xeno, you still haven't told us what your interest is in this subject and you are the OP, after all. Get the discussion going! (And not just links, please ..... something personal would be more interesting. Currently you're just plonking stuff in front of us and expecting us to do all the work).)

22 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Wrong. When there is no context to the link or video I ask what the discussion is about. I have provided a link and a summary of it. 

Why are you even in this thread? Nothing better to do? Are you just here to troll me? Seems to be something you like doing. 

If you do not have anything of value to add to this thread, find another one to spend your time in. 

I could ask you "Why have you even started this thread?" . Have you got nothing better to do than troll the rest of us?

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ouija ouija said:

Xeno, you still haven't told us what your interest is in this subject and you are the OP, after all. Get the discussion going! (And not just links, please ..... something personal would be more interesting. Currently you're just plonking stuff in front of us and expecting us to do all the work).)

I could ask you "Why have you even started this thread?" . Have you got nothing better to do than troll the rest of us?

I started this thread to provide information. What is my interest in intentions. An intention is just a goal/aim/purpose that someone wishes to achieve. Basically the links I have provided that even if an intention isn't realized it continues to affect behavior. Even if it is realize it may still affect behavior. Basically we program ourselves to do stuff. I don't expect any of you to 'get it', I highly doubt some of you care, which is fine by me. But I find this subject interesting. And the reason I'm just "plonking" stuff down it because I really don't care to debate or discuss with some of you. I find it pointless sometimes. Most of the people around here....never mind. Would be a waste of my energy and time. 

I honestly do not know why I bother half the time. Even if my intentions are to provide information, a talking point. It's only the complaints that get a conversation going. Only if I'm being pessimistic or b****ing about something. We can't have a conversation about the placebo effect, subconscious programming, the effect/affect of intentions around here. It 'destroys' the magic of life I suppose. 

• Like 1

I ain't sorry to say but I'm with the girl, I mean aunty weej on this one, my intention is to point out the obvious, you're right x'fish, you don't know why you even bother, it ain't magic... 

~

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Basically we program ourselves to do stuff.

And where does this programming arise ? I think it more likely we are presented with impulses, and decide a plan of action, or inaction. No impulse, no formation of intention.

• Like 1

Thread Closed At OP's Request.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• The topic was locked