Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2019 was a bumper year for Nessie sightings

UM-Bot

Yes because its windy round those parts and branches fall in the river and some people do not recognize a floating branch.

And then you have the doctored pics and people fall for it.

“A UK national tabloid actually doctored the image to make it look more like a giant eel on their front page, but we are 100 per cent certain that it was a large tree branch washing down the river.”

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/loch-ness-monster-is-just-a-branch-says-ness-fishery-board-183419/

• Like 3

Nessie is more properly defined as "any object, or natural phenomenon, that a person sees in or around the shores of Loch Ness and is unable themselves to positively identify at the time".    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

Don't know why they continue to search for anything else.

I think it's a combination of wanting to keep bringing in the Nessie tourist money, and faith.

Some people desperately want to believe in Nessie (just like some people desperately want to believe in Bigfoot, ghosts, alien visitors, God, etc.), and no one can deny the millions it probably brings in annually. I'd bet the whole area around the loch is dependent on tourist $$.

• Like 2

Yes, Nessie is a very big tourist draw.  And the more townies who see a branch or an otter or a boat wake, or anything else, that they think is Nessie, the better!

I thought many years ago the Loch Ness Monster was proven to be a hoax.   I believe  Bigfoot is too

Edited by Dustyrose33
  • Like 1

The Loch Ness monster is real, and is a scientifically proven fact just as Bigfoot, Werewolves, Ghost, Chupacabra, well just believe me anyway!

I thought that sightings of the loch ness monster were less common these days, but it's good to see that the mystery continues to live on even today. :)

Edited by Ultimatium

"Sightings" will continue so long as the myth provides economic benefit to the area through tourism... 

More people see it and more people who have cameras see it, but not more pics.    Odd.