Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pink mouse and pop-eyed frog were 'made up'

UM-Bot

When it comes to the ultimate list of the finest, mind-boggling, Earth-shattering hoaxes I'm not sure a made-up flea will rank very highly...  

On the other hand - what if this 'invented' species is real, but has been dubbed a hoax by 'the scientific community'?  What are they trying to keep secret from us?  Why is this new flea so worrying?  Is it dangerous?  Does it spread a new, enhanced version of the plague, which will wipe out 95% of humanity?  Why haven't we been told about this?  Who are the 1%* that will be allowed to hide from this pandemic in hermetically sealed government bunkers full of expensive art and caviar, until such times as these 'perfect' people can leave their arks and repopulate the world?

I've think I've hit on something here.  Why is Piney laughing at the OP?  Because obviously he's part of the conspiracy trying to distract us with headlines about Meghan Markle or volcanoes in made-up countries, so we don't ask the pertinent questions like:

• When will this apocalypse begin?
  • How quickly will it wipe out civilisation?
  • How come YOU got a golden ticket (and can you get me one too)?
  • Is Meghan Markle a Crisis actress?
  • Why does she spend so much time with Ed Sheeran?

I really need to get out more... but I'm terrified the authorities (aliens in disguise) will abduct and probe me.  Help!

* Numbers may not add up to 100% due to my poor grasp of maths.

11 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

When it comes to the ultimate list of the finest, mind-boggling, Earth-shattering hoaxes I'm not sure a made-up flea will rank very highly...  

On the other hand - what if this 'invented' species is real, but has been dubbed a hoax by 'the scientific community'?  What are they trying to keep secret from us?  Why is this new flea so worrying?  Is it dangerous?  Does it spread a new, enhanced version of the plague, which will wipe out 95% of humanity?  Why haven't we been told about this?  Who are the 1%* that will be allowed to hide from this pandemic in hermetically sealed government bunkers full of expensive art and caviar, until such times as these 'perfect' people can leave their arks and repopulate the world?

I've think I've hit on something here.  Why is Piney laughing at the OP?  Because obviously he's part of the conspiracy trying to distract us with headlines about Meghan Markle or volcanoes in made-up countries, so we don't ask the pertinent questions like:

• When will this apocalypse begin?
  • How quickly will it wipe out civilisation?
  • How come YOU got a golden ticket (and can you get me one too)?
  • Is Meghan Markle a Crisis actress?
  • Why does she spend so much time with Ed Sheeran?

I really need to get out more... but I'm terrified the authorities (aliens in disguise) will abduct and probe me.  Help!

* Numbers may not add up to 100% due to my poor grasp of maths.

3b75813af2350e14a3403e46e8539c3cb2f8d44e36b0a0ff450203ef80b42b2c.jpg

This should be a good lesson to those that cling furiously to single fringe articles in journals that there are errors in journals and that the publication of an article is the first step in providing information to other researchers. It does not mean that the article is necessarily correct. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

This should be a good lesson to those that cling furiously to single fringe articles in journals that there are errors in journals and that the publication of an article is the first step in providing information to other researchers. It does not mean that the article is necessarily correct. 

This is a very crucial point. In insect taxonomy there are a number of rogue articles which do not meet the acceptable standards but these are often widely cited which makes it a huge effort to correct these works. For once example, when I was a student I had to publish a huge paper to rebut an article merely a couple of pages long...

• Like 1