Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spontaneous chant

Hallelujah

I have searched the Internet for spontaneous chanting with not a lot of useful hits. I came across spontaneous asanas on utube, which I can also do and which have healed tendon problems in an hour or so simply having that intention in a quiet mind just before starting, also the severe pain and inflammation of toothache replacing the need for antiinflammatories and analgesics. In the toothache spontaneous pressure finger/thumb movements on points on the body also occurred as well as asana like body movements. The analgesic and infammatory effects lasted about six hours with no side effects. Returning to the chanting, I see glossolalia in online searches but that is different. There is awareness of the sounds, some of the words appear to be in Sanskrit or Vedic language otherwise it sounds unintelligible. It may be it is the sound vibration iself that is relevant, not the meaning, as in recitations by Indian Vedic pandits. There is complete control of stopping, starting etc. It can happen spontaneously in sleep sometimes, but very rarely, in the rare instance when the body is asleep but the mind is awake, aware and alert. It can generally be carried out at any time with desire to do so and chants are different according to preceding intention or names. Many of the chants have been recorded with corresponding name or intent but not made public and which I have not wished to do so in the past. Only one recording is required for each spontaneous chant. That is no mistakes are made and stops when complete. The chants are sometimes sounding different depending on the country of performace, but not so sure on that. It sometimes creates subjective extreme joy and exhilaration for no reason. Life is generally well balanced mentally anf physically with very few problems of health etc. There is little focus these days on it, but the capability has been there for decades. Unsure when first started. Maybe in meditation. Once in deep meditation Sanscrit sounds were heard internally at the same time the corresponding script letters could be seen in my mind. It is not a big deal and this is the first post made on it to see if others have similar experiences.

A chant is just a "focusing tool" so as to concentrate on your intention alone. Everything is about the "Power of Intention" and your visions were intention driven. .....

The spontaneous part is because it is embedded in your subconscious and you always have it in the back of your mind waiting to come forward. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Piney said:

A chant is just a "focusing tool" so as to concentrate on your intention alone. Everything is about the "Power of Intention" and your visions were intention driven. .....

The spontaneous part is because it is embedded in your subconscious and you always have it in the back of your mind waiting to come forward. 

I've taught you well.:lol:

Chants and mantras are just affirmations with a different purpose and meaning. I would think they fall under self-hypnosis as well. Creating potential placebo and psychosomatic effects. Nocebo effects if you aren't careful. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

Hi, and welcome to the forum. 

I think of these experiences as just a physical manifestation of a spiritual experience which seeks physical expression. As if it overflows sometimes. IMO it takes the form of what you know - if you study Vedic, it will take on Vedic forms or syntax. If all you are is an XX speaker and have no such exposure it will manifest in something like an XX song or praise phrase. It does not require a profoundly deep state on the whole, just a deeply moving one for the experiencer, IME. I have jotted down some nice phrases and insights over the years for my personal use from this sort of thing.

I find it normal and never have thought about it but it is interesting to see it written out more thoroughly as you did it. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I've taught you well.:lol:

No you just taught me how to say it in English. :yes:

7 hours ago, Hallelujah said:

I have searched the Internet for spontaneous chanting with not a lot of useful hits. I came across spontaneous asanas on utube, which I can also do and which have healed tendon problems in an hour or so simply having that intention in a quiet mind just before starting, also the severe pain and inflammation of toothache replacing the need for antiinflammatories and analgesics. In the toothache spontaneous pressure finger/thumb movements on points on the body also occurred as well as asana like body movements. The analgesic and infammatory effects lasted about six hours with no side effects. Returning to the chanting, I see glossolalia in online searches but that is different. There is awareness of the sounds, some of the words appear to be in Sanskrit or Vedic language otherwise it sounds unintelligible. It may be it is the sound vibration iself that is relevant, not the meaning, as in recitations by Indian Vedic pandits. There is complete control of stopping, starting etc. It can happen spontaneously in sleep sometimes, but very rarely, in the rare instance when the body is asleep but the mind is awake, aware and alert. It can generally be carried out at any time with desire to do so and chants are different according to preceding intention or names. Many of the chants have been recorded with corresponding name or intent but not made public and which I have not wished to do so in the past. Only one recording is required for each spontaneous chant. That is no mistakes are made and stops when complete. The chants are sometimes sounding different depending on the country of performace, but not so sure on that. It sometimes creates subjective extreme joy and exhilaration for no reason. Life is generally well balanced mentally anf physically with very few problems of health etc. There is little focus these days on it, but the capability has been there for decades. Unsure when first started. Maybe in meditation. Once in deep meditation Sanscrit sounds were heard internally at the same time the corresponding script letters could be seen in my mind. It is not a big deal and this is the first post made on it to see if others have similar experiences.

Are you talking about speaking tongues? I have seen this happen with my own eyes, I girl I use to go out with asked me to go to Church with her. I don't remember the exact branch of Christianity that was being practiced but, during the praechers surmond two people in the Church fell to the ground and started shaking and mumbling in a strange voice. She told that the spirit of the lord had taken over their bodies. 

Personally I thought they were all crazy and I never went out with that girl again. Never saw anything like that before or since, but it is unforgettable on the crazy side..

Oh and by the way welcome to the forum.

Peace

@Hallelujah   Are you the one doing the spontaneous chanting or are you hearing spontaneous chanting and recording it?

It doesn't surprise me,you hear of people "talking" cancer out of themselves.I think they have only just touched on the power of our minds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Are you talking about speaking tongues? I have seen this happen with my own eyes, I girl I use to go out with asked me to go to Church with her. I don't remember the exact branch of Christianity that was being practiced but, during the praechers surmond two people in the Church fell to the ground and started shaking and mumbling in a strange voice. She told that the spirit of the lord had taken over their bodies. 

Personally I thought they were all crazy and I never went out with that girl again. Never saw anything like that before or since, but it is unforgettable on the crazy side..

Oh and by the way welcome to the forum.

Peace

I second that, I was made to go with my dads girlfriend at the time I was only about 5 or 6 years old.

Every person in there started speaking in tongues and I flipped out! I wanted to get the heck out of there fast! 

To this day I remember very clearly what I was thinking during that experience and the first thing that came to my mind, even at that age was this is no Christian religion! I was trying to leave on my own and the women held me there by the arm and she was mad at me over my "bad" behavior, I was crying before we left there. Needless to say no one forced me to go back again and never have I had the desire to.

Knowing what I know know, again i think it was a case of misunderstanding; when the bible talks about speaking in tongues I believe the true meaning ment what ever "language" your tongue speaks, such as English, French, German, Arabic, etc...  (Futhermore it is stated along the lines somewhere that I red (read) that you take the change of the devil speaking through you when you do this.)

• Thanks 1

OP stated this is different from glossolalia, which is the fancy word for the Tongues and IME it is different. Two different things that happen for some people, under different circumstances.

I can't say I experience healing or these other things he mentions, but, there is a state one can reach at times where phrases will well up repetitiously. From the Kundalini community many report physical movements which happen repeatedly as well, though I have rarely ever had that happen in my own K journey. I have adjusted my meditation practices to mute K down. Don't really like it happening more than it must, if it must.

Until he responds idk if he and I are talking of the same thing either, just trying to answer him :/ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gregorian chant is beautiful but also done in languages that people understand unless of course you dont speak that language 

Wiki

Gregorian chant is the central tradition of Western plainchant, a form of monophonic, unaccompanied sacred song in Latin (and occasionally Greek) of the Roman Catholic Church. Gregorian chant developed mainly in western and central Europe during the 9th and 10th centuries, with later additions and redactions. Although popular legend credits Pope Gregory I with inventing Gregorian chant, scholars believe that it arose from a later Carolingian synthesis of Roman chant and Gallican chant.

I am not Catholic but find peace when listening to this kind of chant music.

Watch "Gregorian - Ordinary world" on YouTube

2 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

OP stated this is different from glossolalia, which is the fancy word for the Tongues and IME it is different. Two different things that happen for some people, under different circumstances.

I can't say I experience healing or these other things he mentions, but, there is a state one can reach at times where phrases will well up repetitiously. From the Kundalini community many report physical movements which happen repeatedly as well, though I have rarely ever had that happen in my own K journey. I have adjusted my meditation practices to mute K down. Don't really like it happening more than it must, if it must.

Until he responds idk if he and I are talking of the same thing either, just trying to answer him :/ 

Same here as well just trying to answer and be helpful, as well as adding in other resources that may help.lead him in to the right direction for his quest.

I did not have any luck with kundalini actually I had a bad experience but I do believe in healings such as on these lines and others.

Purpose

OM Chanting is a free group practice that uses the transformational power of OM to activate the self-healing potential of participants. The practice transforms negativity into positive energy, helps purify the local environment, and supports the physical, emotional and spiritual well-being of participants.

13 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I have experience similar things when practicing Transindental Meditation, this is the way I was taught to meditate by Buddhist Monks at the Temple my Wife and I went to. It is very effective and cleansing but at times it can cause me to slip into some strange states if I am not careful. I have achieved a great deal while meditating, it's the most peaceful form of relaxation I have ever found. For the last two years I have meditated almost every day for at least an hour, sometimes more if I have time. I had to start using a cooking timer to bring out of my meditative state, without it I have lost two or three hours meditating. 

Peace Bro

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Debra F. II said:

I second that, I was made to go with my dads girlfriend at the time I was only about 5 or 6 years old.

Every person in there started speaking in tongues and I flipped out! I wanted to get the heck out of there fast! 

To this day I remember very clearly what I was thinking during that experience and the first thing that came to my mind, even at that age was this is no Christian religion! I was trying to leave on my own and the women held me there by the arm and she was mad at me over my "bad" behavior, I was crying before we left there. Needless to say no one forced me to go back again and never have I had the desire to.

Knowing what I know know, again i think it was a case of misunderstanding; when the bible talks about speaking in tongues I believe the true meaning ment what ever "language" your tongue speaks, such as English, French, German, Arabic, etc...  (Futhermore it is stated along the lines somewhere that I red (read) that you take the change of the devil speaking through you when you do this.)

Yea it was experience I don't ever want to deal with again. In fact I think it is fake, and the people are just putting on a show. That's the thing I really don't like about it, because if it is fake the entire. Hurch is involved in the scam. Maybe it's just me, maybe I can't believe it because I don't beleive in the Christian Religion, I just don't know.

Peace

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Yea it was experience I don't ever want to deal with again. In fact I think it is fake, and the people are just putting on a show. That's the thing I really don't like about it, because if it is fake the entire. Hurch is involved in the scam. Maybe it's just me, maybe I can't believe it because I don't beleive in the Christian Religion, I just don't know.

Peace

Yeah pretty freaky stuff there if you ask me.

A girl I know was recently attending one of these churches around here and I asked her how do you do that she said just open your mouth and it comes out naturally, but don't you have to  put some effort into it, she said no not really just add sound and what ever comes out, comes out.

I said how do you know what you're saying she said you don't,  so I said what's the point if its spirit and the way you're supposed to pray why wouldn't you want to pray with words you know and wouldn't God understand you better? She just laughed at me.

So I told her about my experience and then I ask... doesn't it freak you out she said no I like it I think it's cool. So then i ask what is the meaning behind it all, she said she didnt know.

That goes to show some of these people attending these so called religious groups are there just for something to do or are there there just to meet other people in the community or maybe just to get out of the house... idk!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, surely someone has taken a recording of one of these sessions, and analysed it for meaningful content.

1 hour ago, Debra F. II said:

I do believe in healings such as on these lines and others.

I do believe in healing and spontaneous remissions, for whatever cause, yes. He seems to be speaking of spontaneous chanting welling up resulting in a healing. This I do not want what I say to be mistaken for validating, because I have no experience with that. 

• Like 2

Wow! Thank you for all your thoughtful and insightful feedback.

Yesterday I came across "light language" in uTube. Lots of videos about it with demonstrations. Some aspects were similar to my experiences. I had not heard of this Light Language before.

I did make a recording of one of the chants which was requested to be sent to an Indian Vedic pandit. His response after listening to it was that it was a great blessing for me to be able to do this. He mentioned there was a young Indian boy who was chanting in his sleep. A Vedic pandit listened to the child and realised he was spontaneously reciting Vedic Sanskrit verses. The child later became a highly respected Vedic pandit in India.

Regarding the spontaneous healings I have had they do not appear to be related to the chanting. They are simple effortless requests in a quiet mind in response to a need, often spontaneous, but once happen, I can always do it again consciously if the need arises again. Sometimes I will know I will require an external natural object such as a crystal or a herbal preparation, for example, to help. This has lead to insights into incredible simple natural cures.

Carl Jung was mentioned in an above response. Jung's coining of the words "synchronicity experience" or meanigful coincidence is similar to my experiences where the natural intelligence of the mind-body, the body and the conscious/subconsciolus mind become more integrated. For that instant it is as if the conscious mind becomes useful to and integrated with the body and can simply ask, request or command the beautiful intelligence of the natural mind-body connection to carry the request out. There is no fanfare. It just happens simply, naturally leaving an inspiring sense of wonder, joy and thankfulness. This has resulted in one or two miraculous personal events, where the chances of being ordinary coincidences are probably billions to one.

Edited by Hallelujah

18 minutes ago, Hallelujah said:

it is as if the conscious mind becomes useful to and integrated with the body and can simply ask, request or command the beautiful intelligence of the natural mind-body connection to carry the request out. There is no fanfare. It just happens simply, naturally leaving an inspiring sense of wonder, joy and thankfulness. This has resulted in one or two miraculous personal events, where the chances of being ordinary coincidences are probably billions to one.

Yes, this is a description of the Innate.

Some of what you talk about in this later post is very like Light work, however, I do not discuss any of that on this forum. Enjoy the journey. Nothing else is much like it these days :) 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Peace

Every incident of speaking in tongues I watched was people faking it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

@Hallelujah   Are you the one doing the spontaneous chanting or are you hearing spontaneous chanting and recording it?

@HallelujahFrom your second post I am thinking you are saying you start spontaneous chanting and have sent a recording to a Vedic pandit who confirmed its value.

I read and saw videos of a very thorough study of an American woman who would go into trances and seizures and then speak and write Sanskrit spiritual poems that were absolutely blowing away the Sanskrit scholars her American doctor consulted. She also claimed beyond the physical plane contact with a certain Indian Holy Man during these trances. She never studied Sanskrit nor had any knowledge of Sanskrit when in her normal conscious state.

Hallelujah, it seems likely that spiritual forces are working through you if I understand your story correctly. Just a heads up to tell you that the most prolific contributors on this forum generally have a negative disposition to the miraculous and spiritual (but not all of us). I just say this as people will try to suck the life out of you.