Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mass Stabbing In Colorado Springs

susieice

Apparently, there was a mass stabbing in Colorado Springs, CO early Monday morning. What is wrong with people!

https://abc7ny.com/man-arrested-after-8-stabbed-in-colorado-springs-police-say/5844864/?fbclid=IwAR2Ac8_YxuTuDhUa3XAMA-SYZSCRPNjDLfYXObAKhxgFIN5Xkh-cYB1x7Vo

• Sad 4

People lack empathy towards one another these day probably because the electronic age has put them out of touch with reality.

• Like 2

Lone Wolf Terrorist

The stabbings were random....no affiliation between the attacker and the attacked...so...I'm guessing Alu Akbar crap.

• Like 4

Police are saying if the third set of victims hadn't grabbed and detained him, he likely would have kept on going. No word on who the suspect is yet.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/01/13/colorado-stabbing-8-wounded-colorado-springs-victims-nab-suspect/4453892002/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, South Alabam said:

People lack empathy towards one another these day probably because the electronic age has put them out of touch with reality.

I hope that isn't accurate generally.  In my own life, I never treat strangers, regardless of their race or gender choices, with anything but good manners until they set the tone to be otherwise.  Even then, I do my best to remain as civil as possible.  Online... not so much :w00t:  BUT, I have decided to really try harder to not be a smartass as often.  

The last 3 years has been depressing and even alarming to me.  Civility has almost always been an American tradition, even when our politics got dirty.  What has happened since 2016 seems to be a total rejection of all standards of civility by media, and their influence has made this country an angrier more resentful place.  

From the article:

The man, whose name has not yet been released, was subsequently taken into custody, according to police.

I'm familiar with this refrain from law enforcement in Europe but I don't appreciate it occurring here.  It can almost be seen as code for "protected status individual".  When a citizen goes so far over the edge as to attempt to murder random strangers, I don't think that publicly using their name is too great an intrusion into their rights.  

1 hour ago, joc said:

Lone Wolf Terrorist

The stabbings were random....no affiliation between the attacker and the attacked...so...I'm guessing Alu Akbar crap.

Probably so.  If not, then he may have just been an angry psycho.  We seem to be producing a bumper crop of those each year.  That attack on the Jewish Deli in NYC seems to have occurred as a "plan B" by the "Black Hebrew Israelites".  I saw a report today that revealed their plans were MUCH grander than shooting up a Deli.  Their vehicle had an improvised device that could have been deadly at "several hundred yards".  The detective who they killed first, had chanced upon them and when they killed him they had to just launch immediately.  The poor guy may have saved dozens of people from death or maiming.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, and then said:

Probably so.  If not, then he may have just been an angry psycho.  We seem to be producing a bumper crop of those each year.  That attack on the Jewish Deli in NYC seems to have occurred as a "plan B" by the "Black Hebrew Israelites".  I saw a report today that revealed their plans were MUCH grander than shooting up a Deli.  Their vehicle had an improvised device that could have been deadly at "several hundred yards".  The detective who they killed first, had chanced upon them and when they killed him they had to just launch immediately.  The poor guy may have saved dozens of people from death or maiming.

I guess...how does that go...  All terrorists are angry psychos...but not all angry psychos are terrorists?  Something like that...

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, and then said:

I hope that isn't accurate generally.  In my own life, I never treat strangers, regardless of their race or gender choices, with anything but good manners until they set the tone to be otherwise.  Even then, I do my best to remain as civil as possible.  Online... not so much :w00t:  BUT, I have decided to really try harder to not be a smartass as often.  

The last 3 years has been depressing and even alarming to me.  Civility has almost always been an American tradition, even when our politics got dirty.  What has happened since 2016 seems to be a total rejection of all standards of civility by media, and their influence has made this country an angrier more resentful place.  

From the article:

The man, whose name has not yet been released, was subsequently taken into custody, according to police.

I'm familiar with this refrain from law enforcement in Europe but I don't appreciate it occurring here.  It can almost be seen as code for "protected status individual".  When a citizen goes so far over the edge as to attempt to murder random strangers, I don't think that publicly using their name is too great an intrusion into their rights.  

What I meant is stories like the guy drowning, and those guys pulled their phone cameras out instead, and laughed while filming him instead of helping him and he did drown, or how we have all seen videos where someone is filming someone hurt or dying instead of helping them. It seems this age of filming for likes instead of dropping a camera is more acceptable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hmm.. I doubt this was even a "terrorist" ? It feels like a nutter to me ? 

I wonder if all of Colorado Springs is a gun free zone?  Too bad no one had a concealed carry permit to take care of this kook.   

8 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.. I doubt this was even a "terrorist" ? It feels like a nutter to me ? 

Heh, is it because the police reports say the suspect was white male with a white blanket over him?  Or perhaps is it because he was asking people if they love God and if they were Christian or not?

https://kdvr.com/2020/01/14/witness-says-suspect-accused-of-stabbing-8-people-in-downtown-colorado-springs-asked-about-god/

https://www.fox21news.com/digital-now/timeline-of-events-eight-stabbed-in-colorado-springs/

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, tortugabob said:

I wonder if all of Colorado Springs is a gun free zone?  Too bad no one had a concealed carry permit to take care of this kook.   

Colorado is both an open carry and a "must issue" for concealed carry permit state.  So, umm, no.

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 1

The question is is Colorado Springs a municipality that allows open carry or  concealed carry.  Colorado is kind of liberal and therefore very intolerant about most of our Christian God given rights. 

11 minutes ago, tortugabob said:

The question is is Colorado Springs a municipality that allows open carry or  concealed carry.  Colorado is kind of liberal and therefore very intolerant about most of our Christian God given rights. 

Yup.  In fact the 911 operator pointed it out to a person who called in about a guy with a rifle and gas cans running around just before he went on a mass shooting spree. 

https://gazette.com/crime/colorado-springs-mayor-has-no-appetite-for-changing-city-s/article_bb9b3d44-3292-50fb-8190-512fd3357c93.html

The mayor sounds like a wise man. Well it's unfortunate nobody had a gun to pop a cap in either of the perps in these two instances. Would save the taxpayers a lot of money.  My next question is why has Colorado got so many kooks running around there?  Must be the water or the chemicals they spray on the legal dope? 

Edited by tortugabob
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, tortugabob said:

The mayor sounds like a wise man. Well it's unfortunate nobody had a gun to pop a cap in either of the perps in these two instances. Would save the taxpayers a lot of money.  My next question is why has Colorado got so many kooks running around there?  Must be the water or the chemicals they spray on the legal dope? 

Why do you assume they are insane?  Twenty eight days after the Halloween shooting they had a Planned Parenthood shooting.  That was a Christian/anti-abortion shooting.  This current stabbing one seems religiously motivated as well. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Why do you assume they are insane? 

Must be white and now the very people who post on every single mass killing done by a white person that its "mental illness" will play the victim card ......:sleepy:

Edited by Farmer77
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, HE certainly isn't ! 

I dunno.  I had an evangelical explain to me that come the great battle during the end times, everyone who wasn't a Christian was on team Satan and there wasn't a choice in the matter.  Perhaps this chap is just acting a bit early?

• Like 1

Yeah, but I don't seem to recall Jesus preaching that you can kill non-Christians ? 

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2020 at 2:57 AM, and then said:

Might want to think about where that incivility started... 

A clue - you elected him president. 

On 1/14/2020 at 1:05 AM, joc said:

Lone Wolf Terrorist

On 1/14/2020 at 11:55 PM, Gromdor said:

Heh, is it because the police reports say the suspect was white male with a white blanket over him?  Or perhaps is it because he was asking people if they love God and if they were Christian or not?

https://kdvr.com/2020/01/14/witness-says-suspect-accused-of-stabbing-8-people-in-downtown-colorado-springs-asked-about-god/

https://www.fox21news.com/digital-now/timeline-of-events-eight-stabbed-in-colorado-springs/

Hello? Joc? 

My goodness, he seems to have disappeared! Shocking! 

1 minute ago, Setton said:

Hello? Joc? 

My goodness, he seems to have disappeared! Shocking! 

Hello.  I am here.  Missed that one by Gromdor somehow. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Setton said:
  On 1/14/2020 at 5:55 PM, Gromdor said:

I never saw the fox21 report...I had only read the first story, which said nothing about 'white'.  He was asking people about god so I figured he was a jihadist loan wolf...either way...a nutter for sure.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, joc said:

Hello.  I am here.  Missed that one by Gromdor somehow. Thanks.

I never saw the fox21 report...I had only read the first story, which said nothing about 'white'.  He was asking people about god so I figured he was a jihadist loan wolf...either way...a nutter for sure.

Glad I could help. 

So, your thoughts on this now? Still a terrorist attack or just a 'nutter'?