Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Great Pyramid hidden chamber set for re-scan

219 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

third_eye

I bet they find more than what they bargained for ... 

~

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
2 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

You think so? I would love it if they did find something overlooked all these years with the various and assorted people tearing it apart for loot -- I mean, historical information and artifacts. I will be surprised if they missed much though.

I would adore it if they did find a whole room to rival the King Tut loot... er, find.

Either way, find something, big or little, or nothing at all, it's going to be not what they bargained for... 

There's going to be a huge insult flinging season no matter what the outcome, the battle lines were drawn a long time ago. 

:yes:

~

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not A Rockstar
2 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Either way, find something, big or little, or nothing at all, it's going to be not what they bargained for... 

There's going to be a huge insult flinging season no matter what the outcome, the battle lines were drawn a long time ago. 

:yes:

~

oo you know something I don't about it then. I'm just hoping for a new, and wonderful find. I was disappointed when they had the build up over the wall in Tut's tomb that didn't pan out. 

One thing about the GP is it always seemed way grander than what we found there, so finding a new room or something would make sense. But, IDK....

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not A Rockstar

I have always wished they would find a stash of ancient scrolls and documents from the Library at Alex stashed somewhere, ones we don't have copies left of. Just some, you know? Even one or two would be awesome.

But, anyway, back to reality, right? LOL

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
1 minute ago, Not A Rockstar said:

oo you know something I don't about it then. I'm just hoping for a new, and wonderful find. I was disappointed when they had the build up over the wall in Tut's tomb that didn't pan out. 

One thing about the GP is it always seemed way grander than what we found there, so finding a new room or something would make sense. But, IDK....

Nahhhhh... Something that stuck to my mind when I was involved in a chat with a couple of pals over this, thing is, if the calibrations got wrong by just millimetre, it's a difference between solid rocks only but a room just millimetres further on is not seen, another thing is, if there is a space but is back filled with the same materials around, it's practically invisible to the scans, but the walls and ceiling might be filled with painted glyphs telling the entire tale of who built it, or not 

:lol:

~

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not A Rockstar
4 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Nahhhhh... Something that stuck to my mind when I was involved in a chat with a couple of pals over this, thing is, if the calibrations got wrong by just millimetre, it's a difference between solid rocks only but a room just millimetres further on is not seen, another thing is, if there is a space but is back filled with the same materials around, it's practically invisible to the scans, but the walls and ceiling might be filled with painted glyphs telling the entire tale of who built it, or not 

:lol:

~

Yeah I worked with radar and penetration technology in parts of what I did when in the military and totally true that if it is backfilled well enough it will appear solid and go unfound. Surely the tech has advanced from what was cutting edge then, though. I was just thinking that if they do find something missed over and over, we might see a lot of nice tombs getting basically mauled to be sure nothing else is in there after all :( 

I'd settle for some new stories in hieroglyphs painted all over and still in good condition :)

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
3 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Surely the tech has advanced from what was cutting edge then, though

I'm not sure but as far as I am able to understand it, I think it's we are able to see better with less but not much more of what was impossible years ago. That's still pretty much still in the thick and dark. Funny thing is, the more I look at it, the more I believe that there is too much from too little, sometimes I do wonder about that mountain of data extracted from such small sampling but inspires such a great amount of speculative. 

Frankly, and from recent unexpected finds, I believe there's more to be found under present day cities around the historical sites. 

~

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not A Rockstar
2 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Frankly, and from recent unexpected finds, I believe there's more to be found under present day cities around the historical sites. 

~

Yes, I am confident there is a great deal left to be found, especially away from the known sites. Perhaps, in time, something will be found. They seem to focus on burial sites the most though. I am very curious about areas which once were not covered in sand dunes, where there may have been trade routes a bit south of the areas more focused on, myself.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
2 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Yes, I am confident there is a great deal left to be found, especially away from the known sites. Perhaps, in time, something will be found. They seem to focus on burial sites the most though. I am very curious about areas which once were not covered in sand dunes, where there may have been trade routes a bit south of the areas more focused on, myself.

I dunno man, the paleo geo and climate studies got a surge of data collecting in recent years, soil, rocks and organic samples. Problem is there's so much data results but no one to sort, compile and document it all officially under a study research paper. 

Not time yet but I'll say it will take decades to settle a lot of questions even if the answers were already guessed at years ago. I'm still not entirely convinced that the science of the AE building techniques are fully understood, we know a lot but there's still plenty to get at. We know that they knew more than we suspected them of knowing back then, there's only better solutions to the many riddles still yet to be fully resolved. 

~

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DreadLordAvatar

Only reason why we have news now or the approval for a rescan is because the Egyptian department of antiquities already secretly did their investigation  into the chamber and cleared any surprises so the world will know nothing but lies.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stiff

This is what's in there...

 

 

Painted-into-Corner.png

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Wistman

As I see it, the problem here is the same as in Florence, where Leonardo's famous painting of The Battle of Anghiari is purported to lie intact behind a later major painting by Vasari.  Do you destroy the Vasari to get to the Leonardo?  Many say yes, others don't.  Ditto the problem in Tut's tomb if the scans had indeed confirmed a chamber behind the painted wall.  Do we destroy the painted wall, or a section of it, to get to the hidden room?

Think about the immensity of the same problem with regard to Khufu's pyramid.  It appears there is probably a void of some sort and of significant dimensions hidden near the grand gallery.  If the scans confirm its presence without revealing any pathway to it, what then is the plan?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
10 minutes ago, The Wistman said:

As I see it, the problem here is the same as in Florence, where Leonardo's famous painting of The Battle of Anghiari is purported to lie intact behind a later major painting by Vasari.  Do you destroy the Vasari to get to the Leonardo?  Many say yes, others don't.  Ditto the problem in Tut's tomb if the scans had indeed confirmed a chamber behind the painted wall.  Do we destroy the painted wall, or a section of it, to get to the hidden room?

Think about the immensity of the same problem with regard to Khufu's pyramid.  It appears there is probably a void of some sort and of significant dimensions hidden near the grand gallery.  If the scans confirm its presence without revealing any pathway to it, what then is the plan?

Drill and insert a camera.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaylemurph
3 hours ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

Only reason why we have news now or the approval for a rescan is because the Egyptian department of antiquities already secretly did their investigation  into the chamber and cleared any surprises so the world will know nothing but lies.

And if you had anything like a fact to back up this calumnious blather, you’d have provided it. But you don’t. 

—Jaylemurph 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Windowpane
1 hour ago, The Wistman said:

As I see it, the problem here is the same as in Florence, where Leonardo's famous painting of The Battle of Anghiari is purported to lie intact behind a later major painting by Vasari.  Do you destroy the Vasari to get to the Leonardo?  Many say yes, others don't.  Ditto the problem in Tut's tomb if the scans had indeed confirmed a chamber behind the painted wall.  Do we destroy the painted wall, or a section of it, to get to the hidden room?

...

Is it not possible that, in time to come, technology might present a solution to this particular problem?  At the moment, machines are capable of discerning the presence and outlines of a painting that lies beneath.  Who knows what they might be able to do in the future ...  In which case, it might be worth waiting and allowing a future generation to fully reveal any hidden masterpieces.

Quote

Think about the immensity of the same problem with regard to Khufu's pyramid.  It appears there is probably a void of some sort and of significant dimensions hidden near the grand gallery.  If the scans confirm its presence without revealing any pathway to it, what then is the plan?

While I don't pretend to know the answer to that one, is it not possible, again, that future generations might devise technology more advanced still that could get around the problem?

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
okispider

Not a rockstar....so are they going to be using Lidar? or is there something else?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom1200
5 hours ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

Only reason why we have news now or the approval for a rescan is because the Egyptian department of antiquities already secretly did their investigation  into the chamber and cleared any surprises so the world will know nothing but lies.

 

2 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

And if you had anything like a fact to back up this calumnious blather, you’d have provided it. But you don’t. 

—Jaylemurph 

The reason it's taken so long is the results of the first scan are really vague and inconclusive.  The scientists' suggestions are really just pointless speculation at the moment.

 

This is the best image I could find - a bird's-eye view.  How can these 'educated' people see anything in this blur of greys?

 

 

61084807_Muondensityexperimentresultsbycleverscientists(2).jpg.dd45e77abf3f8a3c52b527e27ea50109.jpg

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaylemurph

...

Edited by jaylemurph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not A Rockstar
2 hours ago, okispider said:

Not a rockstar....so are they going to be using Lidar? or is there something else?

Back in the day part of my job as an analyst and targeter with a weaponeering subspecialty was to assess what is there, what is it made of, and what type and amount of weapon do I need to kill it and anything or anyone in there and then let the brass know their options. So, I couldn't say what they will use for their efforts. I rarely ever had ground based, on site data to work with LOL. VIPs don't let that sort of data out easily about their underground bunkers and weapon stashes *grinning* We usually used other means and technology.

The issue is, as @third_eye and I were chatting about is that the deviation in returns with this sort of tech can be slight to discern. They can be wrongly interpreted. This is compounded greatly if there is backfill - such as if they started something and then said "oops, wrong spot" and filled it in with rubble of the same material tightly then did it the way they preferred. You may well have a return there, but it might be nothing worth potentially damaging the structure's integrity to find out what it is about. OR there might be nothing there in reality except a section of stone used which has a fractionally different density that the modern sensors are detecting but didn't matter to the builders, as an example.

Given the technology out there in potential, I would think they could know if there was a cavern inside it of the size they are talking about. After my disappointment over the Tut hoopla, I am thinking this may well be next to nothing and another effort to boost tourism for them, which I do not blame them for. Egypt was and still is a fabulous place to be at.

But, as a hobbyist historian and great lover of Egyptian history, I want to be totally wrong and hope they have found something amazing.

I just doubt it. Thank you for asking :) 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not A Rockstar

 @okispider here is a site about it that shows where they are talking about and a vague shape https://egyptravel4you.com/hidden-chamber-in-great-pyramid-confirmed-by-new-scan-2019/

In it they say they used Muon and infra-red thermography tech to find the area. This sort of technology relies on very slight differences and as Third Eye was saying, to be off by a little is to make the returns bad.

Probably, after several tries and repeats, something is there, but I just don't believe it is that huge open space and they don't know. Either it is wrong or they are hiding a lot they know.

JMO. Hope this helps.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Wistman
4 hours ago, Windowpane said:

Is it not possible that, in time to come, technology might present a solution to this particular problem?  At the moment, machines are capable of discerning the presence and outlines of a painting that lies beneath.  Who knows what they might be able to do in the future ...  In which case, it might be worth waiting and allowing a future generation to fully reveal any hidden masterpieces.

While I don't pretend to know the answer to that one, is it not possible, again, that future generations might devise technology more advanced still that could get around the problem?

 

Of course W.  Likewise, there may be a way in the future of peeling off the Vasari painting in the Palazzo Vecchio, removing the Leonardo, and replacing the Vasari so that his monumental painting cycle in that room stays intact.  In the pyramid, there may be a way at some point of drilling a very long, long hole and fitting a camera to go up it.  Perhaps though the scans will reveal a path.

I'm not being a naysayer to the scientific analysis and exploration of the pyramid.  Just pointing out the ongoing practical difficulty ahead.  We shall see how it unfolds.  ;) 

Edited by The Wistman
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kmt_sesh
9 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I have always wished they would find a stash of ancient scrolls and documents from the Library at Alex stashed somewhere, ones we don't have copies left of. Just some, you know? Even one or two would be awesome.

But, anyway, back to reality, right? LOL

Hi, Rockstar. I hope all is well. The thorn in your hope is the Great Pyramid was built around 2500 BCE, in the Old Kingdom. The Library of Alexandria was first built around 288 BCE, over 2,000 years later. Add to that, not much was written in the Old Kingdom compared to periods much later on. I always hate to be an old stick in the mud, so let me say any sort of writing in that isolated void would be an exciting find, even  Khufu's favorite recipes or his favorite bathroom in the palace. :P

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Windowpane
2 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Hi, Rockstar. I hope all is well. The thorn in your hope is the Great Pyramid was built around 2500 BCE, in the Old Kingdom. The Library of Alexandria was first built around 288 BCE, over 2,000 years later. Add to that, not much was written in the Old Kingdom compared to periods much later on. I always hate to be an old stick in the mud, so let me say any sort of writing in that isolated void would be an exciting find, even  Khufu's favorite recipes or his favorite bathroom in the palace. :P

Well ... there's always the papyrus of Merer (although found in a cavity at Wadi al-Jarf rather than at Giza, or Alexandria ... )

And the mention of Khufu's favourite bathroom rather calls to mind David Rohl's claim to have identified at Avaris the remains of the house of Joseph, complete with bedroom, dressing-room and wardrobe ... (1995: 357).

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.