Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Great Pyramid hidden chamber set for re-scan

UM-Bot

8 minutes ago, Windowpane said:

And the mention of Khufu's favourite bathroom rather calls to mind David Rohl's claim to have identified at Avaris the remains of the house of Joseph, complete with bedroom, dressing-room and wardrobe ... (1995: 357).

:lol: 

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/David_Rohl 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Windowpane said:

Well ... there's always the papyrus of Merer (although found in a cavity at Wadi al-Jarf rather than at Giza, or Alexandria ... )

And the mention of Khufu's favourite bathroom rather calls to mind David Rohl's claim to have identified at Avaris the remains of the house of Joseph, complete with bedroom, dressing-room and wardrobe ... (1995: 357).

The Papyrus of Merer is a solid example to us for writing in the Old Kingdom. It's still not of the quantity of writing seen a lot later, such as in Dynasty 19 and 20. I always think of all of the wonderful scrolls from Deir el Medina, the primary workmen's village in the New Kingdom. I believe That's when Hanslune went to school. :lol:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Hi, Rockstar. I hope all is well. The thorn in your hope is the Great Pyramid was built around 2500 BCE, in the Old Kingdom. The Library of Alexandria was first built around 288 BCE, over 2,000 years later. Add to that, not much was written in the Old Kingdom compared to periods much later on. I always hate to be an old stick in the mud, so let me say any sort of writing in that isolated void would be an exciting find, even  Khufu's favorite recipes or his favorite bathroom in the palace. :P

It's going great, Favorite Mummy, especially with you rocking around among us <3

I did a slip of consciousness flow there and was meaning I'd like them to find some anywhere, not literally there in that room but, yeah it sounds as if I said so, so my bad :)  I am a good enough writer to not make such a mistake and will use more care. 

Yes, something brand new, a new story in hieroglyphs, anything would be fascinating good fun if there really is a space in there with something stashed.

Just dubious about it :(

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kmt_sesh said:

...  Khufu's favorite recipes or his favorite bathroom in the palace. :P

This set me to wondering what bathroom arrangements were actually in operation for upper class ancient Egyptians.  The best I could come up with was Gardner Wilkinson, The Ancient Egyptians  Their Life and Customs (1853), II: 348, which describes a tomb at Thebes portraying the attendants of a lady pouring water (one hopes at a reasonable temperature) over her from a vase.  Presumably Khufu had comparable arrangements; presumably, also, a great deal more detail on such matters has come to light since ...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Windowpane said:

Rohl suggests that Joseph stored the "Coat of Many Colours" in the wardrobe of the house at Avaris ...

I know. and in the proper translation the coat just has long sleeves. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, The Wistman said:

As I see it, the problem here is the same as in Florence, where Leonardo's famous painting of The Battle of Anghiari is purported to lie intact behind a later major painting by Vasari.  Do you destroy the Vasari to get to the Leonardo?  Many say yes, others don't.  Ditto the problem in Tut's tomb if the scans had indeed confirmed a chamber behind the painted wall.  Do we destroy the painted wall, or a section of it, to get to the hidden room?

Think about the immensity of the same problem with regard to Khufu's pyramid.  It appears there is probably a void of some sort and of significant dimensions hidden near the grand gallery.  If the scans confirm its presence without revealing any pathway to it, what then is the plan?

Part of the purpose of the scan (according to someone with connections to the expedition) is to find a way into there without causing major damage.  I can't find a way to bookmark the exact answer, but if you'll look at Larry Pahl's answer on Quora, you can see a photo of an improved scan: https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Egypt-not-allowing-archeologists-to-examine-the-voids-under-the-Sphinx-and-in-the-Great-Pyramid-and-have-closed-off-access-to-many-other-sites?__filter__=all&__nsrc__=1&__sncid__=3888432477&__snid3__=6372643965

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

12 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

Researchers from Japan will be conducting new scans in an effort to confirm the presence of a hidden chamber.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/333753/great-pyramids-hidden-chamber-set-for-re-scan

If they verify the results of the previous scans it could certain point to a very exciting discovery! Which could certainly expand our current knowledge of why this structure was built and the purpose it was meant to serve.

Peace.

13 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

And if you had anything like a fact to back up this calumnious blather, you’d have provided it. But you don’t. 

—Jaylemurph 

I'm not sure. After reading about Zahi Hawass for a couple hours (previous minister of antiquities) i wouldn't trust them.

Just now, Bed of chaos said:

I'm not sure. After reading about Zahi Hawass for a couple hours (previous minister of antiquities) i wouldn't trust them.

Well, if you’ve spent /hours/ reading about him, it mist be an informed opinion...

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Well, if you’ve spent /hours/ reading about him, it mist be an informed opinion...

—Jaylemurph 

Lol..you're actually defending him. Good luck w that.

23 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

And if you had anything like a fact to back up this calumnious blather, you’d have provided it. But you don’t. 

—Jaylemurph 

That’s right I don’t.  However, what I do have is the opinions from professional writers, researchers, journalists, Egyptologists, and archeologists from all around the world who have first hand experiences with the Antiquities Ministry and they are frustrated.  The Sphinx underground hidden rooms and passageways, the great pyramid mysteries, the “unfinished pyramid” of Aryan with mind blowing granite blocks placed 20ft at base of ramp but all buried in their garbage.  Access points closed off, restricted off limits for scholar study and investigations, tampered sites, list goes on.   God only knows what else has been covered up on some of the most important megalithic structures in human history, and unfortunately under the control of modern Egypt.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

The Sphinx underground hidden rooms and passageways,  the “unfinished pyramid” of Aryan with mind blowing granite blocks placed 20ft at base of ramp but all buried in their garbage.

Howdy Dread

Hmmmmm you mean the fake stories about Sphinx hidden rooms and passageways?

chambr1.gif

http://www.catchpenny.org/rosyx.html

....and what about the unfinished Aryan pyramid?

zawyet-el-aryan-unfinished-pyramid-main2

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

The Sphinx underground hidden rooms and passageways, the great pyramid mysteries,

From the imaginations of Theosophists or that con artist Cayce? 

22 minutes ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

the “unfinished pyramid” of Aryan

See above's question.,......:rolleyes:

• Like 3

Just now, Piney said:

From the imaginations of Theosophists or that con artist Cayce? 

See above's question.,......:rolleyes:

Beat yah!

• Haha 3

Just now, Hanslune said:

Beat yah!

Old decrepit dick...<_<

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

Old decrepit dick...<_<

You young whipper snappers think you rule the world but guile and sneakiness allows us to get around you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hanslune said:

You young whipper snappers think you rule the world but guile and sneakiness allows us to get around you!

I bow to you as I am a mere Field Assistant. :nw:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Windowpane said:

Ooh... did they find his technicolor dreamcoat too?:wacko:

Edited by Alchopwn

On January 14, 2020 at 8:53 AM, jaylemurph said:

—Jaylemurph 

Thanks to you Jaylemurph ,  I learned a new word !   :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Howdy Dread,

Hmmmmm you mean the fake stories about Sphinx hidden rooms and passageways?

sphinx.jpg.9bb86e464c5bec71b88ef6bfa9911ca4.jpg

Well - obviously you've never been there.  You need to get out more.  Next time you're in Cairo call by - I'll lend you my keys.  The password is "davincicode".

Edited by Tom1200
  • Haha 8

22 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

Well - obviously you've never been there.  You need to get out more.  Next time you're in Cairo call by - I'll lend you my keys.  The password is "davincicode".

Why'd ya have to show where me secret fort is, ye bloody loudmouthed wispy eaded  Southner!!! :angry:

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

That’s right I don’t.  However, what I do have is the opinions from professional writers, researchers, journalists, Egyptologists, and archeologists from all around the world who have first hand experiences with the Antiquities Ministry and they are frustrated.  The Sphinx underground hidden rooms and passageways, the great pyramid mysteries, the “unfinished pyramid” of Aryan with mind blowing granite blocks placed 20ft at base of ramp but all buried in their garbage.  Access points closed off, restricted off limits for scholar study and investigations, tampered sites, list goes on.   God only knows what else has been covered up on some of the most important megalithic structures in human history, and unfortunately under the control of modern Egypt.

Yeah, show me a real academic looking for this fictional dreck. I know he calls himself doctor, but Doctor Who isn’t real. 

—Jaylemurph 

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Bed of chaos said:

Lol..you're actually defending him. Good luck w that.

Well, if you’re one of his attackers, he doesn’t need better than me as his defense!

—Jaylemurph

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Howdy Dread

Hmmmmm you mean the fake stories about Sphinx hidden rooms and passageways?

chambr1.gif

http://www.catchpenny.org/rosyx.html

....and what about the unfinished Aryan pyramid?

zawyet-el-aryan-unfinished-pyramid-main2

That’s why I put unfinished pyramid in quotes, and it’s obviously not. But officials won’t let anyone study it.  Too bad, we’ll never know. Goes for everything else, all off limits to any research required to validate these “extraordinary” theories which seems they go great lengths to deny.  The ministry won’t allow any of it, you’ll just have to take their word for it, and which you and many here seem to have. Sad.

Edited by DreadLordAvatar