Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Best place on this site for a support group

Jujo-jo

I'd like to post a forum for memebers who have loved ones with dementia and alzheimers. A place of support as well as to share ideas, links, situations, happy times, sad times, memories, etc...

But not sure if it should be here or under the community link or somewhere else in the site.

Can I post a forum for this support group here, seems how it does say support. lol

Going elsewhere off site, I'd rather not do, as most of us have already formed relationships here with one another.

Can someone point me in the right direction please.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Sherapy is a caretaker in this field. Keep an eye out for her.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jujo-jo said:

I'd like to post a forum for memebers who have loved ones with dementia and alzheimers. A place of support as well as to share ideas, links, situations, happy times, sad times, memories, etc...

But not sure if it should be here or under the community link or somewhere else in the site.

Can I post a forum for this support group here, seems how it does say support. lol

Going elsewhere off site, I'd rather not do, as most of us have already formed relationships here with one another.

Want state are you in feel free to pm me I will help you, I am a certified caregiver in Alzheimer’s and Dementia and know this area well.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jujo-jo said:

This is such a tough road for a family member and I am always available to listen and help. Once upon a time it was others who too were dealing with this disease that helped me. 

I now specialize in caring for those with Dementia and Parkinson’s. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/14/2020 at 9:03 PM, Sherapy said:

This is such a tough road for a family member and I am always available to listen and help. Once upon a time it was others who too were dealing with this disease that helped me. 

I now specialize in caring for those with Dementia and Parkinson’s. 

Yes it is and very common. That was a very nice reply, thank you. I am still bashing the idea around, not real sure about it. I know when I come to this site a lot of times I am groofing off in the fun and games, sometimes here to escape life, lol I'm not sure it would be something that people would enjoy or find helpful or interesting, probably more depressing than anything, maybe not, who really knows.

I do appreciate the reply and will remember this always and I am sure others as well may find your input on the topic helpful if I or someone else does decide to start the topic somewhere, if it isn't already out there.

I do have some medical background and some knowledge on the subject, past and current experience as well as three loved ones going through this.

I will give it some more thought and go from there, thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...

Has a cause for Alzheimer's been found yet? I've seen reports over the years that autopsies have discovered microscopic flecks of aluminium in victims brains, but the jury's still out on whether it's a cause. Is it possible that governments DO know it's a cause but are keeping quiet to protect their aluminium industries? Personally I stopped using aluminium pots and pans years ago to play it safe.

Edited by Crikey
  • Thanks 1

@Crikey it's best you start your own topic if you have questions about Alzheimer's.

Help Desk Guidelines

This section is for technical support queries or for requesting help with forum features.

Since the original question posted by Jujo-jo has been dealt with - Thread Closed.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked