Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Orb or something sinister

Karl05301

I’m a retired photographer that has seen a lot of strange things in my time. But I sure don’t know what this thing might be. And I am familiar with Orbs that people come up with. Seen tons of YouTube video on the subject. But imho it’s probably dust, bugs, mist on the lens etc. Never seen one even when I tried to. Until a few months ago I would have laughed under my breath if someone brought up the subject. Now I have no idea what to think.

For the last few months Long about 7:00pm I start seeing movement in my peripheral vision. Fast moving shadows darting around corners heading for dark areas of my house. What ever it is, it really doesn’t like the light. This thing ranges from the size of a golf ball to a basketball. With the smaller ones coming into the lamp light for a few moments from time to time. And the big ones being seen lumbering around when it is twilight and no lights on.

It displays intelligence when it moves. And really hates it when my dog and I chase it through the house trying to get photos of it. Let me tell you, the damn things are really fast. But I did manage to get one photo of it as it flew at my face. Then it went right through the wall after I hit it with the flash.

I took over a dozen photos chasing it before I got the one with it in it. One thing puzzles me though. How is it that they look like shadows all the time until a flash hits it? Then they look like a ball of light. 

• Thanks 3

Karl, can you post the picture for us to see?

I am one of those that believes orbs can indeed be 'beyond the physical' entities.

6 minutes ago, Karl05301 said:

One thing puzzles me though. How is it that they look like shadows all the time until a flash hits it? Then they look like a ball of light. 

That is the part of your story that may be the most thought provoking. Can shadow entities and orbs be different sides of the same thing?

Here is the photo of the ball of light. It was coming right at me so it is not this big. It was about the size of a baseball.

CE9A5490-50FC-4B4A-AF6E-7E3B031E3A03.jpeg

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Karl05301 said:

Here is the photo of the ball of light. It was coming right at me so it is not this big. It was about the size of a baseball.

So, you are seeing this with your naked eyes and also with a camera. In combination with your full OP write-up I find this quite compelling. 

I would give this a 90% Chance of being something in the realm of the paranormal. (The Papameter reading for regular members here)

• Like 1

More general info; The blur around it is not a halo. It was moving. And the photo was #9 out of 14. And the only one I managed to catch it in. So it’s not a smudge or something on the lens. Otherwise it would be on the following photo. I was using my iPhone because my camera flash was too bright. I saw it. My dog saw it and we chased it around for several minutes.

I saw them again last night zipping through the living room. They are getting braver and coming Into the light from my lamp. I’m just waiting for them to slow down so I can get a better shot without the flash.

I moved into this house 5 months ago. So it is a new environment for me. It is a 150 year old house. The activities started after about 30 days. Slowly at first. Now it is a nightly thing.

I lean toward the idea that this house may be in some sort of a trans dimensional pass way. And these things are life forms that manage to slide in and out of our dimension. I say pass way because these things always come in from the north and out the south side.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, moonman said:

Looks like the standard dust orb to me.

Set up a video camera.

But the orbs are seen with the naked eyes too. So that just doesn't sound like the final answer here to the retired photographer's case.

• Thanks 1

Yup, must be Tinkerbell, love it...yeah guys I still have trouble with this crazy crap. I am an eternal septic on everything that people come up with. Even when it’s me. I did my utmost to debunk this thing. If I had not seen it with my own eyes in the light when it appeared as a dark shadow ball speeding it’s way across my living room. I still wouldn’t believe it possible.

The last place I lived in I had something in the dark do fly-byes of my head every time I got up. Turned out to be a tiny little Bat that got in my house. So I’m always looking for answers when something odd happens.

• Like 2

Yes, been seeing movement of shadows for months now. At first I thought I was having trouble with my eyes. So I went to my Eye doctor for a full check up. Got a clean bill of health. No issues, no floaters like some older folks get. Plus my dog sees them and runs after them. I don’t know what these things are. I am not a religious person. So I am not inclined to lean that direction. I just plain don’t know. But I am open minded. I genuinely am perplexed over these damn things.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Karl05301 said:

Yes, been seeing movement of shadows for months now. 

But do you see things like the orb in the photo with your naked eyes (not just shadows).

• Confused 1

Set up the video camera where they show up most and you will either never see them again, or you will have video proof of something mankind has been searching for proof of for centuries.

Either way, win-win.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

a note to you folks out there. It’s ok, I am not offended by anyone’s reply. In fact I invited others comments by just putting my story on here. The absurd nature of such a wild claim will naturally bring down the wrath of science based thinking. Because I feel the same way. I’ve been there. I read something ridiculous and I am quick to point the proverbial finger at such a notion of non Corporeal life forms being possible. Although maybe it is. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moonman said:

Set up the video camera and you will never see them again.

Actually I did. I bought a infrared trail camera months ago. Set it up and waited. The camera came on several times that night. The next morning I checked all the footage seeing nothing be slight streaks here and there. I could only conclude that they are just moving too fast to get a good photo or video in the dark. Say, you want to loan me $10,000 dollars so I can get a high speed infrared camera that will do the job?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Karl05301 said:

Actually I did. I bought a infrared trail camera months ago. Set it up and waited. The camera came on several times that night. The next morning I checked all the footage seeing nothing be slight streaks here and there. I could only conclude that they are just moving too fast to get a good photo or video in the dark. Say, you want to loan me $10,000 dollars so I can get a high speed infrared camera that will do the job?

If you can get them on film, you can get them on video. I still say that picture is nothing but a dust orb. Maybe you saw something when you took the picture, but what you caught was just dust.

If you think they can't be caught in the dark - leave the lights on when videotaping. Surely the lights could be kept on and the camera kept running for something that happens nightly.

Edited by moonman

37 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

But do you see things like the orb in the photo with your naked eyes (not just shadows).

Yes. They are round. Dark like a shadow, I say shadow because you can see through them. Like a three dimensional shadow if that were possible.

• Like 1

Just now, moonman said:

If you can get them on film, you can get them on video. I still say that picture is nothing but a dust orb. Maybe you saw something when you took the picture, but what you caught was just dust.

Yes, that is entirely possible. It can’t be ruled out. I welcome your skepticism. It looks like a dust particle to me in the photos. But what you don’t know is, I have really nasty allergies and run 3 whole house hepa filters 24-7. You would be hard pressed to find anything doing a white glove test around my house. Newly finished hardwood floors too. No carpet to harbor dust. But like I say, it is possible. 
I still have a few film cameras as well as digital. And I still miss my darkroom. Maybe I can come up with something in the future.

• Like 1

You don't need an expensive camera, just leave the lights on and have enough memory (or tape) to record for a few hours. Don't rely on motion sensors, keep that camera running.

If this was happening to me and I wanted to see more, that's what I would do.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, moonman said:

You don't need an expensive camera, just leave the lights on and have enough memory (or tape) to record for a few hours. Don't rely on motion sensors, keep that camera running.

If this was happening to me and I wanted to see more, that's what I would do.

I was actually moving that direction. I just ordered a 2 terabyte memory stick from EBay yesterday. I was going to wire up one of my cameras and leave it on record. Already have an adapter cord that will work.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Karl05301 said:

Yes. They are round. Dark like a shadow, I say shadow because you can see through them. Like a three dimensional shadow if that were possible.

But the photo isn’t what I would call dark. 

I saw something similar only once in my life. I and my son’s friend saw it in our house. We looked around in confusion and that was that. Your experiences seem richer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Karl05301 said:

I’m a retired photographer that has seen a lot of strange things in my time. But I sure don’t know what this thing might be. And I am familiar with Orbs that people come up with. Seen tons of YouTube video on the subject. But imho it’s probably dust, bugs, mist on the lens etc. Never seen one even when I tried to. Until a few months ago I would have laughed under my breath if someone brought up the subject. Now I have no idea what to think.

For the last few months Long about 7:00pm I start seeing movement in my peripheral vision. Fast moving shadows darting around corners heading for dark areas of my house. What ever it is, it really doesn’t like the light. This thing ranges from the size of a golf ball to a basketball. With the smaller ones coming into the lamp light for a few moments from time to time. And the big ones being seen lumbering around when it is twilight and no lights on.

It displays intelligence when it moves. And really hates it when my dog and I chase it through the house trying to get photos of it. Let me tell you, the damn things are really fast. But I did manage to get one photo of it as it flew at my face. Then it went right through the wall after I hit it with the flash.

I took over a dozen photos chasing it before I got the one with it in it. One thing puzzles me though. How is it that they look like shadows all the time until a flash hits it? Then they look like a ball of light. 

Ahhh.. finally someone else gets it!

I have them too, so does our friend.

I cought one between my finger and got it on camera, (but on my old phone which is broke : ( and I can't get the screen on to allow me to transfer the pics and video over to new one).

Anyway i was grabbing into them air trying to catch one or get one to land on my hand and I did catch one between my ring finger and pinky when I opened my hand it flew out and up to the left came back as if to check out my hand then flew up and over to the right and outward then real fast came straight at me and hit me in the forehead and I got an instant headache. They are intelligent whatever the heck they are!

I wouldn't have even known they were as active again that night, if it weren't for my cats, sometimes they play with them but now the cats are pretty much used to them and now they've lost interest and just watch them, letting me know they're here.

Some nights are more active than others and after I've done a clesasing with holy water I've noticed most leave but I am sure that few do not and will not leave, at this point maybe I don't want them ones to leave maybe they keep the bad ones from doing harm, I dont know. But I have a few that are very distinctive in shape, size and / or color, I've been playing with these things for 8 years now. Lost a lot of photoage and pics ( if anyone has any solutions of how to get the pics and photos off that phone PM me, and I will post them! )

So hopefully we can finally get some answers and hear other peoples incidences with these things.

And thanks for posting this forum!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Karl05301 said:

CE9A5490-50FC-4B4A-AF6E-7E3B031E3A03.jpeg

Also, In my opinion with my experience, I do believe they're able to shape shift but only will when it's very dark or just before and during a storm. Also if you have security cameras check them out they'll be on there too.

And find the pattern when, it or they are most active weather, time, lighting all of these are factors. 

I have a cluster of them that come every night between midnight and 3:30am out my back door the cats wait on the table and the bench to watch the show every night and the ones in the house start showing themselves between 9:30pm and 11pm and then other is very loud and comes between 2:30am and 3:30am like clock work! 

Before a storm is worse! And I think easier for them to shape shift or maybe they just like to at that time or maybe it's not the orbs at all but it looks like it to me, I dont know I am guess working here trying to figure it out and I know it all sounds crazy but its just what I've came up with and what I have been able to put together for the last 8 years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Karl05301 said:

More general info; The blur around it is not a halo. It was moving. And the photo was #9 out of 14. And the only one I managed to catch it in. So it’s not a smudge or something on the lens. Otherwise it would be on the following photo. I was using my iPhone because my camera flash was too bright. I saw it. My dog saw it and we chased it around for several minutes.

I saw them again last night zipping through the living room. They are getting braver and coming Into the light from my lamp. I’m just waiting for them to slow down so I can get a better shot without the flash.

I moved into this house 5 months ago. So it is a new environment for me. It is a 150 year old house. The activities started after about 30 days. Slowly at first. Now it is a nightly thing.

I lean toward the idea that this house may be in some sort of a trans dimensional pass way. And these things are life forms that manage to slide in and out of our dimension. I say pass way because these things always come in from the north and out the south side.

Good observation! Yep they always do come from a certain direction here too but leave in random directions here.

• This topic was locked and unlocked