Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
susieice

Man Seeks Trial By Combat Against His Ex

40 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

susieice

A Kansas man has asked the Iowa District Court to allow him to fight his ex-wife, or her lawyer, with a sword duel to settle his disputes, being property tax and custody issues. His request is included in court documents obtained by a couple of local newspapers. He wants to fight his ex-wife but will settle for her lawyer, if he chooses to be her champion. He has asked the court to give him 12 weeks to find or forge a high quality Japanese katana sword for the battle.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6410948/trial-by-combat-swords/?utm_source=GlobalCalgary&utm_medium=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR33nO2CsSGg0FzxnJ1ep7Y9qF8QAjQhWVqz_D6K3hcMIpNS5txVDsm3tpE

“Trial by combat was still regarded as a legitimate method for dispute resolution when the Constitution was ratified by the United States and by the original 13 colonies,” Ostrom wrote in his request, according to court records.

“To this day, trial by combat has never been explicitly banned or restricted as a right in these United States.”

Ostrom told the Register that he got the “trial by combat” idea from a 2016 case in New York, where a Supreme Court justice acknowledged that medieval combat was a viable option for resolving a legal dispute. However, the judge declined to order such a fight.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 minute ago, susieice said:

A Kansas man has asked the Iowa District Court to allow him to fight his ex-wife, or her lawyer, with a sword duel to settle his disputes, being property tax and custody issues. His request is included in court documents obtained by a couple of local newspapers. He wants to fight his ex-wife but will settle for her lawyer, if he chooses to be her champion. He has asked the court to give him 12 weeks to find or forge a high quality Japanese katana sword for the battle.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6410948/trial-by-combat-swords/?utm_source=GlobalCalgary&utm_medium=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR33nO2CsSGg0FzxnJ1ep7Y9qF8QAjQhWVqz_D6K3hcMIpNS5txVDsm3tpE

“Trial by combat was still regarded as a legitimate method for dispute resolution when the Constitution was ratified by the United States and by the original 13 colonies,” Ostrom wrote in his request, according to court records.

“To this day, trial by combat has never been explicitly banned or restricted as a right in these United States.”

Ostrom told the Register that he got the “trial by combat” idea from a 2016 case in New York, where a Supreme Court justice acknowledged that medieval combat was a viable option for resolving a legal dispute. However, the judge declined to order such a fight.

Every day we move one step closer to having President Herbert Camacho in real life

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice

Just when you think you've heard it all  :yes:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye

Does this means Trump can challenge his presidential challenger to a duel for the presidency? 

Trump vs Biden / Sanders 

:lol:

~

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
4 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Does this means Trump can challenge his presidential challenger to a duel for the presidency? 

Trump vs Biden / Sanders 

:lol:

~

Nahhh thatd be too much like exercise It's time to revisit Donald Trump's 'battery' theory of life force

Quote

"After college, after Trump mostly gave up his personal athletic interests, he came to view time spent playing sports as time wasted. Trump believed the human body was like a battery, with a finite amount of energy, which exercise only depleted. So he didn't work out. When he learned that John O'Donnell, one of his top casino executives, was training for an Ironman triathlon, he admonished him, 'You are going to die young because of this.'"

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
7 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Does this means Trump can challenge his presidential challenger to a duel for the presidency? 

Trump vs Biden / Sanders 

:lol:

~

You really can't think of anything else, can you?

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
2 minutes ago, susieice said:

You really can't think of anything else, can you?

Trump makes it kinda hard not to when he keeps piling on the stink on his own head.. 

~

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 minute ago, susieice said:

You really can't think of anything else, can you?

You really didnt read that article and think of the potential implications of that practice?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
Just now, third_eye said:

Trump makes it kinda hard not to when he keeps piling on the stink on his own head.. 

~

Stop obsessing over him.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
Just now, Farmer77 said:

You really didnt read that article and think of the potential implications of that practice?

No. I looked at that article and thought it was hilarious. You seriously don't think this is going to happen, do you? Wow!

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
1 minute ago, susieice said:

Stop obsessing over him.

I'm not, he's the go-to punch line, can't help that... 

~

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 minute ago, susieice said:

You seriously don't think this is going to happen, do you? Wow!

:blink: Huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
Just now, third_eye said:

I'm not, he's the go-to punch line, can't help that... 

~

Only to those who can't think of anything else. And this is irrelevant to the thread anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

:blink: Huh?

exactly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
2 minutes ago, susieice said:

exactly!

Oh you mean the trial by combat?

No its very very doubtful BUT if by some weird chance the defendant ended up in front of a hardcore traditionalist who only operates out of principle I could see it having to get struck down in appeals making for some fun headlines for a while .

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
1 minute ago, susieice said:

Only to those who can't think of anything else. And this is irrelevant to the thread anyway.

Only when he's the one for the best laughs, and he's the one for most of the best laughs... Not irrelevant for the laughs though... 

~

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
Just now, third_eye said:

Only when he's the one for the best laughs, and he's the one for most of the best laughs... Not irrelevant for the laughs though... 

~

Surely this is relevant to the thread I mean had he known about this option the mueller thing would have been wrapped up in a day! See he's a badass:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyRh2Sedz9BLrA7_PO5

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
Just now, third_eye said:

Only when he's the one for the best laughs, and he's the one for most of the best laughs... Not irrelevant for the laughs though... 

~

He has nothing to do with this thread. I can see the politics threads have calmed down for the night. And I won't be up much longer either, so you and Farmer will be on your own soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
Just now, Farmer77 said:

Surely this is relevant to the thread I mean had he known about this option the mueller thing would have been wrapped up in a day! See he's a badass:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyRh2Sedz9BLrA7_PO5

This is totally off topic. You seriously can't think of anything else, can you? People are right.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
1 minute ago, susieice said:

He has nothing to do with this thread. I can see the politics threads have calmed down for the night. And I won't be up much longer either, so you and Farmer will be on your own soon.

He did retweet that "false" picture lately...

:D

~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
1 minute ago, third_eye said:

He did retweet that "false" picture lately...

:D

~

third_eye...some of the members are still in here if you have such a need to talk about Trump. Maybe they'll go into the threads in the political section. Why don't you go look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
Just now, susieice said:

third_eye...some of the members are still in here if you have such a need to talk about Trump. Maybe they'll go into the threads in the political section. Why don't you go look.

I'm in it for the comedic effect, not political... 

:yes:

~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
Just now, third_eye said:

I'm in it for the comedic effect, not political... 

:yes:

~

Well Tatetopa just posted. There you go.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
6 minutes ago, susieice said:

This is totally off topic. You seriously can't think of anything else, can you? People are right.

Its funny ! Your topic is funny! Trial by combat is awesome and considering that a trial is dominating the news cycle lately its just relevant. Im really sorry I annoy you so much. Here you may choose your champion for my trial :

muscular-mitch-mcconnell-dressed-as-glad

 

2cthxw.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.