Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sander's Aide: Gulags/Reeducation not so bad.

and-then

On 1/15/2020 at 9:00 PM, South Alabam said:

Do you seriously think "even if true" that the MSM will run something that would make Democrats look bad? 

On 1/16/2020 at 2:29 AM, Farmer77 said:

They havent shied away from the Bernie sexist comment story.

Have the media said anything at all about some of the, to put it politely, weird things that have have been said by Creepy Joe Biden, which if it came from anyone else they wouldn't hesitate to label as suspiciously pedophiliac? Even the Don has held back there; "Sleepy Joe" is decidedly kind compared with some of the things that could be said.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2020 at 3:59 AM, Tatetopa said:

We frequently hear how funny it is that the Russians could possibly influence our elections, they can't change enough votes with their cheap ads say some.

Just imagine this as a Russian project..  It has numerous people justifiably furious and even some rational people threatening violence in retribution.

We already distrust each other and are about ready to rumble.  That is why I want to know the truth before going any further.

Well done! You've manufactured a completely new conspiracy theory there! Or rather it's not new as it's just a rehash of the usual tired old cliche. Anything vaguely possibly damaging to the "Democratic" cause:  Russian plot, obviously. :sleepy:

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Have the media said anything at all about some of the, to put it politely, weird things that have have been said by Creepy Joe Biden, which if it came from anyone else they wouldn't hesitate to label as suspiciously pedophiliac? Even the Don has held back there; "Sleepy Joe" is decidedly kind compared with some of the things that could be said.

Say anything or obsess endlessly? 

Say anything? Absolutely, even covering the actual allegations against him. 

Hell I'll bet if some dude wasn't already stealing the headlines ,I.e. in today's news he lied about casualties while he's going through impeachment (that's um newsworthy no?), the conversation would expand. 

Let's be honest though saying anything isn't really what these guys are asking for.

Edited by Farmer77

1 hour ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Well done! You've manufactured a completely new conspiracy theory there! Or rather it's not new as it's just a rehash of the usual tired old cliche. Anything vaguely possibly damaging to the "Democratic" cause:  Russian plot, obviously. :sleepy:

And in response youve set up the scenario where nothing can be true except for the Dems wanting to win at all costs. Well done! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Say anything or obsess endlessly? 

Say anything? Absolutely, even covering the actual allegations against him. 

Hell I'll bet if some dude wasn't already stealing the headlines ,I.e. in today's news he lied about casualties while he's going through impeachment (that's um newsworthy no?), the conversation would expand. 

Let's be honest though saying anything isn't really what these guys are asking for.

I don't really understand what you're saying here. What you seem to be saying is turning it round and saying "never mind any criticism about any of the Democratic dandidates, what about Trump! he's evil! being impeached! Bad!" Sometimes you seem to be about as coherent as one of the Don's tweets.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

I don't really understand what you're saying here. What you seem to be saying is turning it round and saying "never mind any criticism about any of the Democratic dandidates, what about Trump! he's evil! being impeached! Bad!" Sometimes you seem to be about as coherent as one of the Don's tweets.

No I'm saying people, whether they understand it or not, aren't asking for criticism they're asking for the same obsession they've had modeled by their media. 

On 1/15/2020 at 7:08 PM, Robotic Jew said:

I'd like to use this time to claim the guy was only joking and doing his best to irk the right....

He wasn't advocating gulags or claiming he'd force anyone into them. 

All he was saying is that when you're rich, powerful and the head of a totalitarian state, people just throw themselves into your gulags! 

It's no different to the conversations every guy* has had in the locker room! 

*for 'guy', read 'knuckleheaded ****'. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Setton said:

He wasn't advocating gulags or claiming he'd force anyone into them. 

All he was saying is that when you're rich, powerful and the head of a totalitarian state, people just throw themselves into your gulags! 

It's no different to the conversations every guy* has had in the locker room! 

*for 'guy', read 'knuckleheaded ****'. 

Ah. "locker room talk"! Even better!

6 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Well done! You've manufactured a completely new conspiracy theory there! Or rather it's not new as it's just a rehash of the usual tired old cliche. Anything vaguely possibly damaging to the "Democratic" cause:  Russian plot, obviously.

So easy even a child could do it.

5 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

No I'm saying people, whether they understand it or not, aren't asking for criticism they're asking for the same obsession they've had modeled by their media. 

er, no, still ?, sorry. 

On 1/15/2020 at 12:13 AM, and then said:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/01/14/project-veritas-bernie-sanders-field-organizer-suggests-gulags-to-help-nazified-trump-voters/

This story broke today and I haven't seen any MSM, including FOX, cover it at all.  I'd like to discuss it from the perspective of how Sanders could have someone like this in his campaign and be unaware of it.  Also, I've seen nothing from Sanders yet, disavowing the guy and firing him.

I would hope we can all agree that had someone like this been on Trump's team, the entire media would be running around with their hair on fire.  This guy didn't appear to be intoxicated so what he was saying was what he believes.  The biggest question I have is how many others on the Sanders campaign share these sentiments?  In a climate of daily outrage, THIS stands out, IMO.  He states in a matter of fact tone that if Sanders loses, Milwaukee will burn.  If Trump wins, cities will burn.  The most stunning admission though was his desire to put Trump supporters in re-education camps.  

If this guy isn't history by tomorrow, Sanders will be.

Where did that article come from?  Let's see.  https://www.breitbart....  I think that says all that needs to be said about its veracity.

Doug

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

Where did that article come from?  Let's see.  https://www.breitbart....  I think that says all that needs to be said about its veracity.

Doug

It's video footage. You can watch it for yourself, the source is irrelevant when it's literally video footage you can watch.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

It's video footage. You can watch it for yourself, the source is irrelevant when it's literally video footage you can watch.

The purpose of the Soviet gulags was to supply slave labor for the development of Siberia, particularly dangerous environments like lead mines.  Prisoners were not "re-educated."  They were worked to death, except for a few who got shorter sentences.

People were selected for the camps in a novel way:  the KGB would present themselves to an apartment manager and say, "According to our estimates, a complex this size should have this many malcontents.  Who are they?"  If the manager couldn't think of enough, he must be one of them.  It was a way to terrorize the population and did not function as a re-education system.

In this respect, the gulag was much like Hitler's slave camps.  Anyone who thinks this might be a good idea simply doesn't know what those camps were.

After WWII, the Allies adopted a de-Nazification program.  This has been a lot more successful.  However, it has some unique features that we probably can't reproduce in America.  First, it had the support of the post-war German government, which has kept the program going right down to the present.  Second, the Nazis committed genuine crimes with which they could be charged.

But most American trumpets haven't openly broken the law; at least, not yet.  Charging people who are obviously innocent will not generate the support such a program needs.  I suggest we scrap "re-education" ideas in favor of just plain education.  Re-introduce civics into our grade and high school curricula.  Include some good science education and instill a love of learning among the students.  Then  just get out of the way and let events take their course.

Doug

12 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Have the media said anything at all about some of the, to put it politely, weird things that have have been said by Creepy Joe Biden

Yes indeed they have.   I saw an interview with 8 black voters.yesterday.  One of the first things they brought up was Joe saying poor kids can do just as well in school as white kids.  The panel did not like the assumption that poor people are all black.  They have bid doubts about Buttigieg too.  Many young black voters who voted for Obama did not vote for Hillary or vote since.  They are looking for someone who might be aware of the issues important to them..  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Indeed. However, Breitbart are the ones claiming that this guy is a field organiser for Sanders. Is the any evidence that he is currently holding that position? As far as I can gather, there's no evidence that he holds any such position and he hasn't for some time.

When you realise this, then the silence from Bernie's camp starts to make more sense. This is just a private citizen saying stupid stuff, not someone who is officially related to the campaign.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Indeed. However, Breitbart are the ones claiming that this guy is a field organiser for Sanders. Is the any evidence that he is currently holding that position? As far as I can gather, there's no evidence that he holds any such position and he hasn't for some time.

When you realise this, then the silence from Bernie's camp starts to make more sense. This is just a private citizen saying stupid stuff, not someone who is officially related to the campaign.

You'd think if any of what you've said were true, the Sanders campaign would openly disavow Jurek and provide evidence that he's been fired or otherwise let go.

Instead, the Sanders people have all locked their Twitter accounts and gone dark on the subject.

James O'Keefe has reported that Jurek is, in fact, still with the Sanders campaign:

UPDATE: @BernieSanders Campaign Organizer Kyle Jurek was just released on bail earlier this week after his arrest on 01/07/2020.

Jurek is still on the Sanders campaign. #Expose2020

Embedded video

Not a good look for Bernie.

ETA:  My feeling is that the Sanders people are very reluctant to fire Jurek as his sort of Leftist political operative will seek vengeance and retribution if spurned.
Edited by hacktorp
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

You'd think if any of what you've said were true, the Sanders campaign would openly disavow Jurek and provide evidence that he's been fired or otherwise let go.

Instead, the Sanders people have all locked their Twitter accounts and gone dark on the subject.

James O'Keefe has reported that Jurek is, in fact, still with the Sanders campaign:

UPDATE: @BernieSanders Campaign Organizer Kyle Jurek was just released on bail earlier this week after his arrest on 01/07/2020.

Jurek is still on the Sanders campaign. #Expose2020

Embedded video

Not a good look for Bernie.

ETA:  My feeling is that the Sanders people are very reluctant to fire Jurek as his sort of Leftist political operative will seek vengeance and retribution if spurned.

O'Keefe is the least reliable source, possibly on the planet, for anything politics-related. Has he provided any evidence that the guy is still a filed organiser? Has anyone?

I agree that if this guy still works for the campaign then this doesn't reflect well on Bernie, but there is simply no evidence that this is the case. In fact, that Bernie hasn't addressed this is probably the largest sign that the guy isn't connected to them, since there would be no reason for Sanders not to condemn him in the same way he has done with previous (and higher profile) aides who have had their own scandals.

3 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

In fact, that Bernie hasn't addressed this is probably the largest sign that the guy isn't connected to them, since there would be no reason for Sanders not to condemn him in the same way he has done with previous (and higher profile) aides who have had their own scandals.

You don't see the contradiction in this remark?

Given the repulsive things O'Keefe captured Jurek saying on video, it seems to me that Sanders would be falling all over himself to disavow this guy...especially if Jurek hasn't been with the campaign for some time.

No, it appears more likely the Sanders people have gone silent in hopes that the whole thing goes away WITHOUT having to fire Jurek...knowing that if they did that, Jurek would go renegade and make things vastly worse for Bernie.  Remember, Jurek has been pretty much silent too.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, hacktorp said:

Given the repulsive things O'Keefe captured Jurek saying on video, it seems to me that Sanders would be falling all over himself to disavow this guy...especially if Jurek hasn't been with the campaign for some time.

No, it appears more likely the Sanders people have gone silent in hopes that the whole thing goes away WITHOUT having to fire Jurek...knowing that if they did that, Jurek would go renegade and make things vastly worse for Bernie.  Remember, Jurek has been pretty much silent too.

Hahahahaha you don't get it. Okeefe is a known liar and political ooerative. Due to that the burden of proof is on him to prove his video is real. 

Until then the rest of the world is gonna give anything he puts out the stinkeye.

Moral of the story is you guys need to pick better friends if you want to be taken seriously. 

I know that sucks but it's not political bias it's normal healthy human nature 

21 hours ago, hacktorp said:

Two things:

1) Are we really going to start judging whole groups because of what an individual said?  (Asking for the various white supremacists who are recorded being Trump supporters)

2) What level of denouncement by Sanders would be acceptable?  Because right now it is the same level of denouncement that Trump gave for the above.  (There are good guys on both sides.....)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Due to that the burden of proof is on him to prove his video is real. 

I haven't heard ANYONE suggest the video isn't real.

Except for you, of course.  I guess you believe it's a "deep fake" conspiracy?  Lol...

Image result for tinfoil hat cat

Even your cat looks skeptical.

Edited by hacktorp
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Gromdor said:

1) Are we really going to start judging whole groups because of what an individual said?  (Asking for the various white supremacists who are recorded being Trump supporters)

In this case, it isn't what an individual said so much as what a whole group DIDN'T say...e.g. the Sanders campaign's complete silence about Jurek.

6 hours ago, Gromdor said:

2) What level of denouncement by Sanders would be acceptable?

Something above Level Zero seems appropriate...don't you agree?

• Like 2

This guy isn’t floating ideas so far from what  some of my tds friends have voiced.  That’s the scary part.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 1/15/2020 at 2:18 AM, Farmer77 said:

My hope is they are vetting it and will run the story once thoroughly vetted. Theyve already paid money once this year for running with social media posts without vetting.

They will run it for two seconds after the campaign fires the guy.