Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UN Climate delegate posts as Greta Thunberg

itsnotoutthere

Jesus ****ing Christ. How pathetic do you need to be to mock a 16 year old lassie?

She's a child and a mascot for a cause, not an environmentalist with a doctorate in a scientific field. And the video doesn't even display what the OP appears to claim. All she does is attempt to get others on the panel involved in the discussion. It wasn't a pair of particularly difficult questions, was it?

And I don't get why British conservatives would mock her in the first place? Are you climate change deniers or something? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Jesus ****ing Christ. How pathetic do you need to be to mock a 16 year old lassie?

She's a child and a mascot for a cause, not an environmentalist with a doctorate in a scientific field. And the video doesn't even display what the OP appears to claim. All she does is attempt to get others on the panel involved in the discussion. It wasn't a pair of particularly difficult questions, was it?

And I don't get why British conservatives would mock her in the first place? Are you climate change deniers or something? 

It's pure and simple jealousy. 

Old, boring men for the most part. It makes them sick to see a girl achieve more in a couple of years than they have in their entire boring life. 

• Haha 4

Greta exposed their naked hypocrisy, take away all the hoo haa and science debate and essentially what she's asking is

"what the hell did you do to the planet, what the hell are you doing? What kind of world are you leaving the children, what kind of world are the children going to live in? "

Good questions, in my mind... for anybody, never mind a kid, or anybody for that matter, much more so today in terms of relevance than previous or otherwise. 

Haven't heard a good answer though, at least not that I'm aware of....

~

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Setton said:

Old, boring men for the most part. It makes them sick to see a girl achieve more in a couple of years than they have in their entire boring life. 

Well, I don't know about that but it did make me laugh.

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Sorry, didn't mean to diss. your religion. Besides, perhaps I was mocking her parents.

https://cei.org/blog/wrong-again-50-years-failed-eco-pocalyptic-predictions

Although, I supposed if you keep predicting the end of the world long enough you may well get it right at some point.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

What ever happened to the real or first Greta Thunberg? Remember the young girl from Canada who addressed the UN on climate way back in the early 90s. I remember us doing a lesson on her in school at the time. 

most won't remember who I'm talking about the girl from 1992, who just faded away with time, it gives great pleasure that Thunberg will be forgotten in the same way. 

Thunberg: When a sixteen year old girl deliberately dressed like a 12 year old for effect, and the emotion to match has western leaders listening to her all soppy eyed and enthralled it sums up western leaders (except trump) World leaders being lectured to by a 16 year old. Who are the adults here. No wonder we have problems. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

What ever happened to the real or first Greta Thunberg? Remember the young girl from Canada who addressed the UN on climate way back in the early 90s. I remember us doing a lesson on her in school at the time. 

most won't remember who I'm talking about the girl from 1992, who just faded away with time, it gives great pleasure that Thunberg will be forgotten in the same way. 

Thunberg: When a sixteen year old girl deliberately dressed like a 12 year old for effect, and the emotion to match has western leaders listening to her all soppy eyed and enthralled it sums up western leaders (except trump) World leaders being lectured to by a 16 year old. Who are the adults here. No wonder we have problems. 

Yes. It does seem to be morphing into some sort of quasi-religion. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6bcCTFnGZ0

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 5

41 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Sorry, didn't mean to diss. your religion. Besides, perhaps I was mocking her parents.

https://cei.org/blog/wrong-again-50-years-failed-eco-pocalyptic-predictions

Although, I supposed if you keep predicting the end of the world long enough you may well get it right at some point.

So, climate science is a religion, is it? Good to know you think of evidence-based science in the same way as blind faith. Even fossil fuel companies have known that the effects of releasing carbon in the atmosphere would lead to climate change thanks to studies they themselves did decades before anyone even coined 'Global Warming'.

And if you watch a nuclear explosion in slow motion, you're still watching a nuclear explosion. Just because the world didn't go all The Day After Tomorrow, doesn't mean that we and our future generations aren't screwed. We're watching the effects of climate change every day. 

Or do you maybe have some information on the subject that the entire scientific community doesn't? Nope? Just straight denial because... Wait, why are you denying it? I mean, US conservatives have been brainwashed for decades by corporate Republicans regarding everything environmental, but you're English. You have no excuse. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

It's selective. 

Once mother nature is done with us that's it. 50years ago world population 3billion. Today 7billion. There lies the problem. The elephant in the room. There's not enough wind turbines or bags for like that can save us now. In a further 50 years 15billion world population. Unsustainable 

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

When it takes a child to show up adult world leaders, that says a lot. We're supposed to be the adults, but we have and continue to destroy the planet for future generations. If your kid has to show you up because you're an idiot, she's not the one who should be criticised. World leaders deserve to be lectured about it. If that takes the media using a kid as a mascot in order to embarrass idiotic world leaders then that's what should be done.

Even Stevie boy is slagging off a little girl. What the actual **** man. You ****s are pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

When it takes a child to show up adult world leaders, that says a lot. We're supposed to be the adults, but we have and continue to destroy the planet for future generations. If your kid has to show you up because you're an idiot, she's not the one who should be criticised. World leaders deserve to be lectured about it. If that takes the media using a kid as a mascot in order to embarrass idiotic world leaders then that's what should be done.

Even Stevie boy is slagging off a little girl. What the actual **** man. You ****s are pathetic.

Yes...HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THE CHOSEN ONE....DEATH TO THE HERETICS. 

But seriously tho' .....less of the 'little girl' please. She's 16 going on 17 being fed lines by her parents & the climate lobby, those Labour twonks were quite happy to let 16 year olds vote before the election. Make your mind up man. Although, refering to her as 'a little girl' is a great defense against any criticism i'll give you that.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I don't need someone not yet old enough to drink lecturing me about anything i already know.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Setton said:

:passifier::sleepy:

• Like 4

The point of these information is not to create some "conspiracy theory" around Greta Thunberg, but to stress the obvious: Greta is not "an accidental star", a regular girl with the Asperger syndrome who one day sat in front of the parliament building and spontaneously became a global celebrity tomorrow. Behind her success there is a wide network of activists, NGO’s, tech start-ups, political players and interest groups.

According to some eco-activists, the interest behind "The Manufacturing of Greta Thunberg" is a financial one: artificially created consensus among the people will legitimize directing of trillions of dollars into "green" industries and public grants for "green" NGO’s.

opera singer and a climate activist Malena Ernman, Greta's mother, who was awarded by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) in 2017 as ”environmental hero“ of the year, and also strongly promoted by Greenpeace.

https://ethikapolitika.org/2019/12/11/new-religion-greta-thunberg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Religious characteristics of Greta’s movement

Greta can be completely right in what she's saying, but the campaign built around her almost completely disables the rational debate about the causes of climate change and models to solve the problem.

Greta’s speeches resemble too much those speeches made in the "cookbooks" of advocacy groups. Since I find myself often in this milieu, I developed a certain sensibility for lobbyist’s phrases which surround us every day. This type of speech is carefully planned, full of soundbites and easily repeatable phrases, ideologically carved terms and emotional appeals. Put simply, no one speaks this way naturally (that’s why there are communication advisors and media trainings) and it’s especially unbelievable that a smart fifteen-year-old would speak this way on her own.

https://ethikapolitika.org/2019/12/11/new-religion-greta-thunberg

• Thanks 4

big difference between running a country and being a climate activist. Greta doesn't have the answers. and when pointed out her aspergers is blamed for lack of solutions. that's left up to someone else to sort out, yes lets listen to her. im just surprised you yourself needed to be told what most of us already knew we didn't need no 16 year old with mental health problems telling us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hetrodoxly said:

I don't need someone not yet old enough to drink lecturing me about anything i already know.

So you're OK to listen to her on climate science then? 

Because you clearly know **** all about it. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Setton said:

So you're OK to listen to her on climate science then? 

Because you clearly know **** all about it. 

I obviously know me than you due to the fact you need a 16 year old for your information.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

I obviously know me than you due to the fact you need a 16 year old for your information.

Oh, I don't, but I appreciate that the particularly thick might do. 

Her parents are former showbiz workers who were hard on their luck and likely made a packet when they wrote their book in 2018 and pushed their daughter in front of the spotlight.  Who knows what contracts they signed.  I doubt Greta was old enough to legally make any decisions herself.  Her parents have written another book which is due to be released in March this year.  I think the reason her parents were not targeted too heavily is for the simple reason that Greta's mother is incredibly hot and featured in the Sun (where else!)

Future wife of Captain Planet?

moth1.png

Edited by Aaron2016

37 minutes ago, Aaron2016 said:

Her parents are former showbiz workers who were hard on their luck and likely made a packet when they wrote their book in 2018 and pushed their daughter in front of the spotlight.  Who knows what contracts they signed.  I doubt Greta was old enough to legally make any decisions herself.  Her parents have written another book which is due to be released in March this year.  I think the reason her parents were not targeted too heavily is for the simple reason that Greta's mother is incredibly hot and featured in the Sun (where else!)

Future wife of Captain Planet?

moth1.png

All natural,:rolleyes:

• Haha 3

On 1/15/2020 at 7:27 AM, ExpandMyMind said:

On 1/15/2020 at 9:53 AM, ExpandMyMind said:

And here's what you posted a couple months ago in the WaPo/Nick Sandmann thread...

Seriously???

So a 16 year old boy who literally didn't say a word, or do a thing except smile, in your thought process, has an "incredibly punchable face", and you thought to post it to remind people... and then here you are saying "How pathetic do you need to be to mock a 16 year old lassie?"

Wow... :no: ... I gotta say... 

What the actual **** man. You ****s are pathetic 

:tu:

You should maybe have a look in the mirror... you just MAY see what an "incredibly punchable face" might actually look like. 

Edited by Baz Dane
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

59 minutes ago, Baz Dane said:

And here's what you posted a couple months ago in the WaPo/Nick Sandmann thread...

Seriously???

So a 16 year old boy who literally didn't say a word, or do a thing except smile, in your thought process, has an "incredibly punchable face", and you thought to post it to remind people... and then here you are saying "How pathetic do you need to be to mock a 16 year old lassie?"

Wow... :no: ... I gotta say... 

What the actual **** man. You ****s are pathetic 

:tu:

You should maybe have a look in the mirror... you just MAY see what an "incredibly punchable face" might actually look like. 

Difference being one of those people was being a prick and the other its quite literally trying to get everyone to save the world.

I definitely have a punchable face. 

• Confused 2