Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UN Climate delegate posts as Greta Thunberg

itsnotoutthere

"COP26: Climate summit may cost 'several hundred million pounds'

The cost of a UN climate change conference in Glasgow could be "several hundred million pounds", police say.

Up to 90,000 people - delegates, observers, heads of state and media - are expected to attend COP26, over 12 days in November.

A Scottish Police Authority report says it will be the largest mobilisation of police officers in the UK.

It adds that COP26 attendees will peak at 15,000 on the busiest day, but the overall figure could rise to 90,000 over the period of the conference, which runs from 9-20 November."

And presumably they are all getting there by sailing boat.

I take it everybody else can see the irony in all this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Edited by Essan
posted in error

I23814.jpg.01aabae04c9ac47622ad32e76ce78110.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 1/15/2020 at 4:27 AM, ExpandMyMind said:

Jesus ****ing Christ. How pathetic do you need to be to mock a 16 year old lassie?

She's a child and a mascot for a cause, not an environmentalist with a doctorate in a scientific field. And the video doesn't even display what the OP appears to claim. All she does is attempt to get others on the panel involved in the discussion. It wasn't a pair of particularly difficult questions, was it?

And I don't get why British conservatives would mock her in the first place? Are you climate change deniers or something? 

How dare you? I should be at work! Not replying to you about climate change. You have stolen my second childhood! :P

• Haha 2

On 1/15/2020 at 7:25 AM, itsnotoutthere said:

Yes...HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THE CHOSEN ONE....DEATH TO THE HERETICS. 

But seriously tho' .....less of the 'little girl' please. She's 16 going on 17 being fed lines by her parents & the climate lobby, those Labour twonks were quite happy to let 16 year olds vote before the election. Make your mind up man. Although, refering to her as 'a little girl' is a great defense against any criticism i'll give you that.

She turned 17 on January 3rd, 2020

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2020 at 12:55 AM, itsnotoutthere said:

Sorry, didn't mean to diss. your religion. Besides, perhaps I was mocking her parents.

https://cei.org/blog/wrong-again-50-years-failed-eco-pocalyptic-predictions

Although, I supposed if you keep predicting the end of the world long enough you may well get it right at some point.

So this is where the real climate discussion is taking place here? And l was hanging out in the crazy section, with the nutters that don't realize that they are nutters, (climate emergency faithful) , geesh.

Yes, the UN has been doing that since the 70's, and have failed constantly in their predictions, but does that stop the faithful, nope, not even overwhelming evidence that sea levels are not rising, will sway them. The sea level averages are too long or too short or the wrong color, never, "duh, l am wrong".

Good to see that l am not the only one here, that relys on facts, instead of blindly believing in the latest BS.

On 1/16/2020 at 1:30 AM, itsnotoutthere said:

Yes. It does seem to be morphing into some sort of quasi-religion. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6bcCTFnGZ0

Yes, a religion and one that leaves the Flat Earthers in the dust.

On 1/16/2020 at 2:25 AM, itsnotoutthere said:

Yes...HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THE CHOSEN ONE....DEATH TO THE HERETICS. 

But seriously tho' .....less of the 'little girl' please. She's 16 going on 17 being fed lines by her parents & the climate lobby, those Labour twonks were quite happy to let 16 year olds vote before the election. Make your mind up man. Although, refering to her as 'a little girl' is a great defense against any criticism i'll give you that.

A false messiah, least the bible got that right, (don't worry l am not that religious, just giviing credit, where credit is due).

On 1/16/2020 at 2:49 AM, hetrodoxly said:

I don't need someone not yet old enough to drink lecturing me about anything i already know.

Drink and never mind!

B)

Edited by tmcom
  • Haha 1

On 1/15/2020 at 8:01 AM, Setton said:

It's pure and simple jealousy. 

Old, boring men for the most part. It makes them sick to see a girl achieve more in a couple of years than they have in their entire boring life. 

you speak like you an expert in the field, oh wait, you talking about yourself,,  carry on

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, aztek said:

you speak like you an expert in the field, oh wait, you talking about yourself,,  carry on

20 days to come up with 'I know you are but what am I?' 

Wow. 

On 1/18/2020 at 3:12 AM, itsnotoutthere said:

"COP26: Climate summit may cost 'several hundred million pounds'

The cost of a UN climate change conference in Glasgow could be "several hundred million pounds", police say.

When I read about things like this, it makes me think of that scene in the Superman movie (Man of Steel, I think) where the scientists are still in meetings "Talking" about the issue. While outside geysers of molten rock from the exploding planetary core are shooting into the sky.

What we need isnt more conferences. What we need are ENGINEERS working on FIXING the known issues.

On 2/5/2020 at 5:36 PM, DieChecker said:

When I read about things like this, it makes me think of that scene in the Superman movie (Man of Steel, I think) where the scientists are still in meetings "Talking" about the issue. While outside geysers of molten rock from the exploding planetary core are shooting into the sky.

What we need isnt more conferences. What we need are ENGINEERS working on FIXING the known issues.

They have conferences to make future conferences more efficient then have another conference to solidify the steps in making the next conference faster, (and in the meantime p.....s away tax dollars on 5 star hotels).

Not joking by the way.

:o

• Like 1