Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cannibal Nurses

OrdainedPriest

Hey everyone, this is my first post. 

So a few weeks ago I had a dream where I was laid on an operating table having a large tumour removed. There was no surgeon, just nurses. One nurse was cutting the tumour out by cutting slices like you would do with meat, she then gave it to another nurse who was cooking it and serving it like a roast dinner to the other nurses. The operating room was the old style with the open top and seats around for people to watch and I was seeing all this from an out of body perspective.

This is one of my weirder dreams haha

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, OrdainedPriest said:

So a few weeks ago I had a dream where I was laid on an operating table having a large tumour removed. There was no surgeon, just nurses. One nurse was cutting the tumour out by cutting slices like you would do with meat, she then gave it to another nurse who was cooking it and serving it like a roast dinner to the other nurses. The operating room was the old style with the open top and seats around for people to watch and I was seeing all this from an out of body perspective.

Beware privatised medicine :P

• Haha 6

Welcome .    That was a weird dream !  (kindakinky?).  .  I'm glad the "operation" was a success!  :lol:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, OrdainedPriest said:

Welcome aboard.

Did you have any emotional reaction to any of this?

Not that there's necessarily any real connection, but your dream did remind me of cellular peptide cake:

https://youtu.be/qr7ZLYPtiRs

Edited by eight bits
apparently the link doesn't want to expand; sorry
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, OrdainedPriest said:

The operating room was the old style with the open top and seats around for people to watch

You seen to have more than a passing familiarity with operating rooms, I was unaware of such a "theatre" layout, but when you think of it, that must be the origin of the term ? Anyways, I think perhaps some background about your past encounters with surgery may illuminate the situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eight bits said:

Welcome aboard.

Did you have any emotional reaction to any of this?

Not that there's necessarily any real connection, but your dream did remind me of cellular peptide cake:

https://youtu.be/qr7ZLYPtiRs

I had no reaction other than thinking it was weird, I knew it was a dream. Not sure why but I always know I'm only dreaming.

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

You seen to have more than a passing familiarity with operating rooms, I was unaware of such a "theatre" layout, but when you think of it, that must be the origin of the term ? Anyways, I think perhaps some background about your past encounters with surgery may illuminate the situation.

I'm not over familiar with hospitals, I only know it from childhood when in history when we studied medicine through the ages which was a subject I loved at the time. And if I remember correctly that is the origin of the term Operating Theatre.

As far as my hospital experiences go, I've only had 3 operations. Once when i was a few days old because the ring of muscle above my stomach wasn't working correctly, once for an abscess on my lower back when I was 23 and couple years to have my gall bladder removed. They've all gone fine, no complications or anything.

Edited by OrdainedPriest
  • Thanks 1

I don't think it was a negative dream,the healing nurses were going beyond their duty in disposing of your tumour for good.Maybe you need help healing an old wound in your life.I no nothing about dream meanings,just my take on it.

Edited by openozy

• 3 months later...

Your dream sounds like it may be a fantasy of yours, even at a subconscious level. I’m a masochist, only into mild pain. 

On 1/15/2020 at 7:27 AM, OrdainedPriest said:

Ahhh yes. Weird dreams. Dreams occupy a spectrum of random, subjective, archetypical, and other components. If you write down your dreams, like you just did, you start to realize sometimes seemingly randomness isn’t random at all. 

On 1/15/2020 at 3:27 PM, OrdainedPriest said:

Well, lets be honest, if it was a large tumour, you really didn't want it anyway.... waste not want not...

You mention the nurses "serving it like a roast dinner"..... Did it have all the trimmings, veg, roast potatoes, mash, Yorkshire puddings and a nice gravy?

Welcome to UM by the way.

On 1/15/2020 at 8:05 PM, RoofGardener said:

Beware privatised medicine :P

I disagree, its more likely to be state owned that experiments on you!!!

On 1/16/2020 at 2:27 AM, OrdainedPriest said:

Sounds like a PETA ad.