Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Merged - Russian government resigns.

L.A.T.1961

13 hours ago, Eldorado said:

"Beware Trump’s admiration for Putin, Xi and Erdogan."

At the UK Financial Times: https://www.ft.com/content/28e1e7da-37fb-11ea-a6d3-9a26f8c3cba4

Hey, your link is behind a paywall. But i get the gist none the less. I wonder if Trump has a picture of Putin on the resolute desk. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

A move towards dictatorship would be Putin granting himself law making powers without the consent of their Parliament.

This isn't what is happening, he is calling for a national referendum to allow presidents to remain in office for as long as they continue to win elections. The Prime Minister and Cabinet have resigned to allow him to make the changes allowing a referendum that are needed.

All presidents should be allowed to stand for re-election regardless of how long they have been in office. If the people vote for him again, then there is nothing dictatorial about it. In the UK we have a monarch performing our head of state functions. Is our current queen a dictator? No, because Parliament holds law making ability. She can only block laws (to prevent tyranny arising), she cannot create them.

Yeah a national referendum that he's sure to win. Surely you're not advocating a dictatorship as a form of democracy ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Hey, your link is behind a paywall. But i get the gist none the less. I wonder if Trump has a picture of Putin on the resolute desk. 

No. The picture is above his bed.

• Haha 2