Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

“Let It Go” Elsa doll spooks Houston family

Still Waters

Corrosion will do that. Six year old batteries tend to rupture and leak.

• Like 6

Sounds like a haunted doll/item story that I've heard similar cases of before. The author of the article could have checked with the manufacturer to see if both English and Spanish are programmed into the chip. Just saying the article could be better.

Papameter:   60% Haunted Elsa      40% Hoax or Overactive Minds

• Confused 1

Pfft... Nothing to this one.  Clearly caused by corrosion.  I had a toy musical train that behaved in a similar way as a kid, but we fixed it by opening it up and cleaning it.  My advice?  The whole haunting thing? Let it go.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

A defective doll and someone going through the trash - probably one of the kids doesn't actually want to get rid of it, digs it out and fibs about it.

• Like 1

Several years? Obviously it must be a corrosion issue as mentioned above but I am giggling a little to myself..... if they truly did think it was haunted I guess that nonetheless they found the doll too interesting to simply "Let it go"! :P 

• Like 1

There used to be a doll in my room when i was a kid. It leaned around in a circular motion and played a tune and always sensed when i walked in the room and started, even after removing the batteries. I hated that thing.

Also reminds me of a neighbors teddy bear that would not be thrown away. It always found its way back because their chihuahua loved it and no matter how they tried to dispose of it the tiny dog would always find it and take it back out and proceed to hump it.

• Haha 2

Just wait till it starts singing in Chinese, the pitchforks and torches will be out.. 

~

Rubish? Americans don’t use that word. We would say we put it in a garbage bag, then we put that bag in another bag filled with other garbage and took it out on garbage day.  My guess, the entire thing made up by Russians trying to distract us from politics :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

Rubish? Americans don’t use that word.

The source that this was quoted from had for some reason decided to replace 'garbage' with 'rubbish', I've changed it back.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

Why ever only haunted dolls?  Never any other sort of electronic toys....

There was that haunted Colonial Viper, which made kids want to shoot the dart in their mouth. 

@acute had a haunted Tamagotchi. Which refused to die even after not being fed for a year and would always be found on his sofa watching 'Little Britain' when he got home, even after being locked in a freezer. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Just finished playing Kingdom hearts 3 and that musical scene when elsa belts out that song was just UHHHH. Basically Spiritual. I wish I had a haunted Elsa doll, all languages welcome! 

19 hours ago, OverSword said:

Rubish? Americans don’t use that word. We would say we put it in a garbage bag, then we put that bag in another bag filled with other garbage and took it out on garbage day.  My guess, the entire thing made up by Russians trying to distract us from politics :rolleyes:

What ever happened to "Trash" buddy?  It's a far more US term than garbage.  Be a bit more of a gun toting flag waver plz :gun::lol: (jk, freedom of speech is in the Bill)

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Haha 2

On 1/15/2020 at 12:08 PM, papageorge1 said:

Papameter:   60% Haunted Elsa      40% Hoax or Overactive Minds

100% Husband messing with his family.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Myles said:

100% Husband messing with his family.

That sounds like 100% wild guess with a 97% chance of being wrong according my trusted meter.

I like how the woman says her kids would never do anything like dig in the trash. Guess what, lady - your kids do a ton of **** you have no idea about, like every other kid on the planet. Kids do things.

"Not MY kids" - yes, your kids too. The whole family is probably laughing at the mom behind her back, watching her go nuts over a stupid doll.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a parent, they probably had two and didn't know it.
We ended up with other kids stuff all the time.

• Like 2

I bought one of those for my brother-in-law's kid just for the annoyance factor. I hope it malfunctions like this. Lol.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

That sounds like 100% wild guess with a 97% chance of being wrong according my trusted meter.

As a father who has done stuff like this, I'm certain there is a reasonable explanation.   

I don't think your meter has been correct enough to be considered "trusted".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1