Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Attenborough warns of climate 'crisis moment'

Still Waters

For some reason, UM's system does not want me to post that last graph.  I'll see if I can get around it somehow.

Doug

1 minute ago, Doug1029 said:

Clean energy will not harm the energy production of the US

Leftist propaganda.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joc said:

Leftist propaganda.

Are you trying to say that building extra generation capacity will not add to the energy supply?

Doug

1 hour ago, joc said:

Leftist propaganda.

Climate change science is leftist in the same way evolution is leftist and computers are leftist and telephones are leftists and heart surgery is leftist ;) 

3 hours ago, Essan said:

Where and when did science becomes a "leftie" conspiracy?    Were Gallieo, de Vinci, Newton, Edison and Einstein all Commies?

Rational, logical and the desire for truth are nothing to do with politics.   Those that try and make them so just reveal how deep rooted their prejudices and ignorances are.

It was invented out of whole cloth by the left as a means to an end. To slow if not end Amercan Energy Production.

AEP is the engine of capitalism.  Both the USSR and America were considered Super Powers but in reality the USSR wasn't keeping up with the USA. 

To even the playing field they attempted to limit AEP. 

They did this through Environmental Propaganda.

12 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

How many really think we are going to all perish in 10 years?

Who said that, and why would you try to characterise the science on this so shallowly, and in just one *false* sentence?  Got a bit of bias goin' there?

Greta says it.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, joc said:

Greta says it.  

So you're taking the word of a high schooler over the best scientific minds on the planet?  No wonder our thinking is all screwed up.

Doug

1 hour ago, joc said:

It was invented out of whole cloth by the left as a means to an end. To slow if not end Amercan Energy Production.

Over 150 years ago.  By Maggie Thatcher and Al Gore

Yes, we know :lol:

23 hours ago, and then said:

*sigh*

I really wish you would read the full articles, there were only 24 people charged with deliberately lighting bushfires.. 

Since November, authorities in NSW have charged or cautioned 183 people for some 200 bushfire-related offences – malicious and otherwise.

Of those, 24 people have been charged with deliberately lighting bushfires.

Another 53 were charged or cautioned for failing to comply with a total fire ban and another 47 with discarding a lit cigarette.

53 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

24 people have been charged with deliberately lighting bushfires.

When it is hot and windy...that seems like a catalyst for complete devastation!  So...how do we get to Climate Change is the boogie monster hiding under the bed?

23 minutes ago, joc said:

When it is hot and windy...that seems like a catalyst for complete devastation!  So...how do we get to Climate Change is the boogie monster hiding under the bed?

heh Joc honestly mate the facts are there but we just see them differently I see climate change as fact and you dont how do we change each others minds?

8 hours ago, joc said:

Too many data points...to the point that if brush catches on fire, it's a result of Manmade Global Warming.  

I'm telling you this isn't all real science....but it is all real propaganda.  There is a reason why everyone on the left is screaming about Climate Change.  And it is not because we only have ten years left if we don't stop it.

Here is the real reason:

The Left must...MUST...limit the Energy Production Capability of the United States of America.  It is imperative.  Only by limiting the EPC of the USA can Russia ever hope to achieve anything substantial.   Having hypersonic missiles isn't substantial.  They are so far behind the US in terms of technology et al.  It is the sole reason why Trump MUST be stopped.  Because he is seen by the Left as the reincarnation of Ronald Reagan...who left the USSR lying on the dung heap of history.  If they don't stop Trump now...all of their work to recover supernation status over the last 3 decades will have been for nothing.

It's a hoax...and...it is a hoax born in the aftermath of the downfall of the Soviet Empire.  But if you propagandize people long enough and hard enough, eventually they will start to believe it...just look at all the scientific data they say....yeah ....look at it all you want.  Realize what it is...propaganda of the left. Nothing more.

Some 750 station multiplied by 365 days is the data needed to say whether, or not, 2019 was the hottest year on record for the Australian continent. Tmcom keeps hinting that he's got data to dispute this fact, so all he needs to do is provide the data.

You can't argue with maths, not unless you're innumerate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, DingoLingo said:

heh Joc honestly mate the facts are there but we just see them differently I see climate change as fact and you dont how do we change each others minds?

We don't!  But that's okay...I'd still buy you a beer any day...

What I am looking at is how the Leftist political agenda takes aim at the right.  It's a lockstep in support of Climate Change.  I don't lock step with anyone.   I  see an agenda that has nothing to do with climate.  If it did...all of the one's telling us we need to lower our personal Carbon footprints would not be flying around on jets to get to all the places they are telling us that from.

14 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Some 750 station multiplied by 365 days is the data needed to say whether, or not, 2019 was the hottest year on record for the Australian continent. Tmcom keeps hinting that he's got data to dispute this fact, so all he needs to do is provide the data.

You can't argue with maths, not unless you're innumerate. 

It doesn't matter hot summers get.  Not to me.  The fact is that these fires in Australia did not flare up spontaneously because it is so hot.  They were started either by nature or by people.  And nature fans the flames.  Now if you want to say the flames are fanned more dramatically than in years prior...you would have to prove that correlation with wind speeds, etc.  And eventually somewhere in all that data you might fined a congruence which would cause you to say, HA...we have it...Climate Change.  Nature has been starting fires as long as there has been anything to burn.  And people have been starting fires as long as there have been people.  Weather not withstanding.  Now, another point is...and I don't know if it is true in Australia...but in California...they don't take care of the natural 'infrastructure' the way we do here in Texas.  We do strategic burns in areas that we definitely do not want a wildfire to get out of control.  We manage our wilderness in other words.  It's still wild...it is still beautiful...we just attempt to manage the potential from fire disasters by removing certain amounts of debris.

Edited by joc

1 minute ago, joc said:

We don't!  But that's okay...I'd still buy you a beer any day...

What I am looking at is how the Leftist political agenda takes aim at the right.  It's a lockstep in support of Climate Change.  I don't lock step with anyone.   I  see an agenda that has nothing to do with climate.  If it did...all of the one's telling us we need to lower our personal Carbon footprints would not be flying around on jets to get to all the places they are telling us that from.

totally agree with you there.. the hypocrisy of a number of people in that regard.. We must do something.. then board a private jet.. practice what you preach.. then all the brain dead 'educated' students lately with their rallies on climate change.. taking selfie pics with their smart phones.. 

dont get me wrong I agree with them.. but most of them do not think of what we can do to change things.. sure ban coal mining.. then what is the other options.. sure go solar or wind.. but without mining you cannot go down that path..

me I believe australia should go nuclear rather than the solar option until they improve the solar tech.. Coal should not be used for electrical generation but it is still needed for manufacturing.. mines should not be placed where you can grow crops.. facking should not be allowed where there is a large supply of potable artesian water underground.. mining needs to be done ethically nowdays.. all this would end up helping without making to much of a drastic change. 

South Australia banded about opening up a nuclear waste storage facility.. its a bloody great idea if done right.. if they said 'we will take your nuclear waste at 10mil a tonne' countries would be opening their check books.. put 5 million of that into the infrastructure for the facility and 5 million into research on how to destroy it on a mass scale (you can destroy small amounts using solar furnances) it would generate more revenue for the state in 20 years than any other type of income.. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, joc said:

It doesn't matter hot summers get.  Not to me.  The fact is that these fires in Australia did not flare up spontaneously because it is so hot.  They were started either by nature or by people.  And nature fans the flames.  Now if you want to say the flames are fanned more dramatically than in years prior...you would have to prove that correlation with wind speeds, etc.  And eventually somewhere in all that data you might fined a congruence which would cause you to say, HA...we have it...Climate Change.  Nature has been starting fires as long as there has been anything to burn.  And people have been starting fires as long as there have been people.  Weather not withstanding.  Now, another point is...and I don't know if it is true in Australia...but in California...they don't take care of the natural 'infrastructure' the way we do here in Texas.  We do strategic burns in areas that we definitely do not want a wildfire to get out of control.  We manage our wilderness in other words.  It's still wild...it is still beautiful...we just attempt to manage the potential from fire disasters by removing certain of debris.

Tmcom simply said that 2019 was not the hottest year on record, disputing the fact from BOM.  He can never back up what he says.  He simply hand waves while crying "lefty".  There's a conservative government in place.

He also forgets the "left" signed off on Adani after the federal election.

Either show the math or stop the bulldust.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Doug1029 said:

Are you trying to say that building extra generation capacity will not add to the energy supply?

Doug

I am not trying to say anything.  I am saying the left wants to 'replace' oil, gas, and coal with 'alternative' energy industries which will restrict the Energy Production Capability of the United States.  Have you not read the Green New Deal or whatever the hell it's called?  There is only one reason to wantonly restrict or outright destroy the energy production capability of the United States and that reason is to benefit America's enemies.  And Russia is an enemy.  They certainly are not our friend nor do they have the best intentions for the citizens of these United States.  We know this because we see how they have treated  their own neighbors...Hello, Comrades...welcome to our new Union...we are calling it The New Green Union....like our tanks... on Facebook no?  Yes!! Soon, we will be known as...The New Green European Union.  I'm sure the Queen or King of England will understand. No? Yes!!  

When the market place is abundant with entrepreneurs who are making American's lives better with alternative energies...then it will be them vs the old oil and gas companies.  Let the games begin.  Until then...the Left can keep their grimy little green hands off of our capitalist infrastructure!  

1 hour ago, joc said:

It is hot and windy because you are in a drought caused by climate change.  How is that so hard to understand?

Doug

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Tmcom simply said that 2019 was not the hottest year on record, disputing the fact from BOM.  He can never back up what he says.  He simply hand waves while crying "lefty".  There's a conservative government in place.

He also forgets the "left" signed off on Adani after the federal election.

Either show the math or stop the bulldust.

This Bogan will leave that argument to any of the silly b******* that want to engage in it.  I'll be over here with a pint getting chockers with barbie.  She'll be right!

B)

11 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

It is hot and windy because you are in a drought caused by climate change.  How is that so hard to understand?

Doug

:sleepy:  Ain't there always been droughts Dougy?

1 minute ago, joc said:

This Bogan will leave that argument to any of the silly b******* that want to engage in it.  I'll be over here with a pint getting chockers with barbie.  She'll be right!

B)

Be careful, apparently we can't drink Corona anymore.

Just now, joc said:

I am not trying to say anything.  I am saying the left wants to 'replace' oil, gas, and coal with 'alternative' energy industries which will restrict the Energy Production Capability of the United States.  Have you not read the Green New Deal or whatever the hell it's called?  There is only one reason to wantonly restrict or outright destroy the energy production capability of the United States and that reason is to benefit America's enemies.  And Russia is an enemy.  They certainly are not our friend nor do they have the best intentions for the citizens of these United States.  We know this because we see how they have treated  their own neighbors...Hello, Comrades...welcome to our new Union...we are calling it The New Green Union....like our tanks... on Facebook no?  Yes!! Soon, we will be known as...The New Green European Union.  I'm sure the Queen or King of England will understand. No? Yes!!  

When the market place is abundant with entrepreneurs who are making American's lives better with alternative energies...then it will be them vs the old oil and gas companies.  Let the games begin.  Until then...the Left can keep their grimy little green hands off of our capitalist infrastructure!  

We generate 8% of our power with 60,000 windmills.  14% is generated by water.  That leaves 86% more for wind.  And that would take 645000 wind mills.  Is arithmetic beyond you?

The Green New Deal is nothing but a resolution, a statement of the will of Congress.  And it didn't pass.  It wasn't very practical to begin with as it contained some impossible goals:  like removing CO2 from the atmosphere by 2030.  That technology hasn't been developed yet.  We can reach WWS by 2050, though.  The good news, though, is that some Congressmen from both parties are working on implementing some of its provision piecemeal.

Those entrepreneurs are already at work:  they started 60,000 windmills ago:

Perovskites didn't exist in 2008.  Today they are poised to take over the energy market.  Twenty years ago we had two wind farms in Oklahoma.  Today we have 31 with five more approved.  It is the profit motive that will drive conversion to clean energy, that is already driving it.  Those wind farms are being built because they cost only 3.3 cents/kwh.  Compare that to 3.5 for gas-fired turbines and 5.0 for oil.  Coal is down there at 10.0.  Coal is in free fall right now.  Utilities are leaving it for wind and gas.

Doug

4 minutes ago, joc said:

:sleepy:  Ain't there always been droughts Dougy?

Actually, no.  Droughts occur in the American southwest about four years out of twenty.  Since 1956 we have not had a major drought in Oklahoma.  Sixty years with no large droughts.

Doug

Edited by Doug1029

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Be careful, apparently we can't drink Corona anymore.

Never really cared for it that much...better than the shiz the US puts out....

I kind of have a preferance for double bock germimports

• Like 1