Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

US Lawmaker in trouble for shameful comment

Eldorado

"A Republican lawmaker is facing calls for a sexual harassment investigation after he told a young female reporter that a group of high school boys “could have a lot of fun” with her.

"Peter Lucido, a Michigan state senator, has been accused of making inappropriate comments to local reporter Allison Donahue during a tour of the state Capitol."

Full report at the Uk Independent: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/peter-lucido-allison-donahue-sexual-harassment-gop-senator-michigan-a9286306.html

"...in Lansing on Tuesday, inside the Capitol building, state Sen. Peter Lucido, R-Shelby Township, surrounded by a group of male high school students, told 22-year-old Michigan Advance reporter Allison Donahue, "You could have a lot of fun with these boys, or they could have a lot of fun with you."

"This isn't pleasant conversation or harmless small talk. It's not about playing checkers, chess or Yahtzee.

"This dirty little leer of a comment is about sex and power and treating women as objects to be ogled and belittled."

Full opinion at Detroit Free Press: https://eu.freep.com/story/opinion/contributors/2020/01/15/lucido-allison-donahue-reporter-de-la-salle/4477209002/

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Desertrat56

Again, a man who is  40 years behind the times when it comes to what is appropriate to say out loud!

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

Desertrat56

I have to say though, that at least he is being called out on it.  That would not have happened 20 years ago.

• Like 4

Manwon Lender
2 hours ago, Eldorado said:

"A Republican lawmaker is facing calls for a sexual harassment investigation after he told a young female reporter that a group of high school boys “could have a lot of fun” with her.

"Peter Lucido, a Michigan state senator, has been accused of making inappropriate comments to local reporter Allison Donahue during a tour of the state Capitol."

Full report at the Uk Independent: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/peter-lucido-allison-donahue-sexual-harassment-gop-senator-michigan-a9286306.html

"...in Lansing on Tuesday, inside the Capitol building, state Sen. Peter Lucido, R-Shelby Township, surrounded by a group of male high school students, told 22-year-old Michigan Advance reporter Allison Donahue, "You could have a lot of fun with these boys, or they could have a lot of fun with you."

"This isn't pleasant conversation or harmless small talk. It's not about playing checkers, chess or Yahtzee.

"This dirty little leer of a comment is about sex and power and treating women as objects to be ogled and belittled."

Full opinion at Detroit Free Press: https://eu.freep.com/story/opinion/contributors/2020/01/15/lucido-allison-donahue-reporter-de-la-salle/4477209002/

What do people expect when we have a President who does similar things on a regular basis, why wouldn't other members of his party think they can openly follow suit publicly. Does anyone beleive that the President will comment on this in a negative manner?:no:

Peace

• Like 3

Buzz_Light_Year

LOL that isn't near as bad as what I've heard women say when they are talking about men.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

freetoroam
6 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

What do people expect when we have a President who does similar things on a regular basis, why wouldn't other members of his party think they can openly follow suit publicly. Does anyone beleive that the President will comment on this in a negative manner?:no:

Peace

Not sure the president has anything to do with this. Surely people in America have their own minds and do not do something just because they think the president would do or say it? Is that how it works over there? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Desertrat56
1 minute ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

LOL that isn't near as bad as what I've heard women say when they are talking about men.

But are they saying directly to men in public?  Men and women both have inappropriate "locker room" talk.  That is bad but when you have a microphone and you are supposed to be answering reporter's questions it should be considered assault, whether a man or a woman does it.

• Like 3

Desertrat56
1 minute ago, freetoroam said:

Not sure the president has anything to do with this. Surely people in America have their own minds and do not do something just because they think the president would do or say it? Is that how it works over there? 

There are many who think a certain way and get affirmation that they have the right to say inappropriate things when "authority figures" do it on public platforms.  You can't give everyone credit for being as conscious as you are.  I want to know why Trump is allowed to get away with some of the things he has said about women and Hispanics.

• Like 2

Manwon Lender
10 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

My comments were meant to say that the Presidents own conduct does inspire others to refrain from such actions. Sorry I want mire clear.

peace

• Like 2

Manwon Lender
15 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Yea I agree but it's trashy all the same, and are those women members of Congress or the Senate, or did you hear them speaking in bar.

peace

freetoroam
14 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

There are many who think a certain way and get affirmation that they have the right to say inappropriate things when "authority figures" do it on public platforms.  You can't give everyone credit for being as conscious as you are.  I want to know why Trump is allowed to get away with some of the things he has said about women and Hispanics.

I want to know why someone in a position as a lawmaker is still making these kind of comments today?  

I think people who think this way would say them irrelevant of who is in power,  but they could use the presidents action as an excuse when pulled up on it.

These people would say these things anyway if they are mentally that way,  Trump has not encouraged or helped them,  they would use another excuse if Trump was not about. 

I get what you are saying,  but I think the president thing should be kept out of this and the blame placed straight onto the person who said it. Do not give this creep excuses for his comments. 

• Like 4

aztek

i do not see how he is in troubles,

• Haha 2

Desertrat56
13 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I want to know why someone in a position as a lawmaker is still making these kind of comments today?  

I think people who think this way would say them irrelevant of who is in power,  but they could use the presidents action as an excuse when pulled up on it.

These people would say these things anyway if they are mentally that way,  Trump has not encouraged or helped them,  they would use another excuse if Trump was not about. 

I get what you are saying,  but I think the president thing should be kept out of this and the blame placed straight onto the person who said it. Do not give this creep excuses for his comments. 

I agree, each individual needs to be held accountable for their actions and words.  I just think we are seeing a lot more of this since Mr. T. got elected than we did before.

• Like 3

and then
27 minutes ago, aztek said:

i do not see how he is in troubles,

My guess is that he will either be pressured to step down or the voters will show him the door later.  What he said shows a real lack of political awareness, at a minimum.  Could it have been some kind of mental stumble?  Sure.  But those tend to get punished in politics.  Let the voters decide.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Desertrat56
11 minutes ago, and then said:

My guess is that he will either be pressured to step down or the voters will show him the door later.  What he said shows a real lack of political awareness, at a minimum.  Could it have been some kind of mental stumble?  Sure.  But those tend to get punished in politics.  Let the voters decide.  

Probably he will be made to apologize and then the voters will vote him out next election.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

freetoroam
24 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I just think we are seeing a lot more of this since Mr. T. got elected than we did before.

Not sure about that  :lol:

What we are seeing is  women saying things like that too.

Was watching Love Island last night and when the girls were told 2 more guys were coming in, one girl said more meat. Would that be acceptable if a man said it?

Personally when I see programmes like love island on air, it does not help. 

It seems the elite can not say these things,  but when we get these 'flaunt everything' shows then everything goes. No president has had an influence on any of these young people.

Swaying a bit off here, but my point is we are seeing a lot of  comments made and it seems ok for some. 

• Like 5

aztek
34 minutes ago, and then said:

i seriously doubt that works, i'm actually convinced it does not,

• Haha 1

Desertrat56
30 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Not sure about that  :lol:

What we are seeing is  women saying things like that too.

Was watching Love Island last night and when the girls were told 2 more guys were coming in, one girl said more meat. Would that be acceptable if a man said it?

Personally when I see programmes like love island on air, it does not help. 

It seems the elite can not say these things,  but when we get these 'flaunt everything' shows then everything goes. No president has had an influence on any of these young people.

Swaying a bit off here, but my point is we are seeing a lot of  comments made and it seems ok for some. 

That whole show is unacceptable tripe, like the Kardashians and several other unreal "reality" shows.  For some reason television producers are producing to the lowest, lowest denominator, not even common denominator.  It is disgusting and why I don't watch network television.  I agree, it does not help.  It is as if there is some program executive saying we need to create more havoc and get those lazy asses watching television all day to think this is the way life is.

Before it was Ozzie and Harriet, then  it is the Osbournes, now it is the Kardashians and Love Island.  What message do you think is being programmed for the zombie masses?

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

and then
33 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Probably he will be made to apologize and then the voters will vote him out next election.

I think that is the most appropriate way of dealing with politicians that make asses of themselves in public.  Obviously, had he touched inappropriately or was found to have a history of such statements there should be a way to remove him earlier but just making a single idiotic or offensive statement, i.e. being human, shouldn't get anyone summarily bounced from a job.  We've developed a gotcha mentality in too many areas of public discourse and it isn't good for the nation - IMO.

• Like 4

Desertrat56
4 minutes ago, and then said:

I think that is the most appropriate way of dealing with politicians that make asses of themselves in public.  Obviously, had he touched inappropriately or was found to have a history of such statements there should be a way to remove him earlier but just making a single idiotic or offensive statement, i.e. being human, shouldn't get anyone summarily bounced from a job.  We've developed a gotcha mentality in too many areas of public discourse and it isn't good for the nation - IMO.

I suspect that is not his first offense.  He probably has a habit of doing that and has never been brought on the carpet for it.  If anyone said anything about it, it was probably a woman, who he would dismiss as being a whiney b***ch.  Obviously it is a habit, he is too old to be trying it out for the first time.

• Like 2

acidhead

:geek:

• Thanks 1

acidhead

• Thanks 1

Desertrat56
35 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Misunderstanding?!  And he doesn't specify what he misunderstood.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Manwon Lender
2 hours ago, and then said:

Hey Buddy, when someone like this intentionally embarrasses some one front of teenagers like he did there is no excuses, this isn't a gotcha moment this is a very unprofessional act by an elected official who certainly knows better. Being human is something some may approve of, but I certainly don't expect such conduct from a Senator or a Congressman. She is in a good position here to sue him for sexual harassment, which would drag his dumb A$$ through the mud to make sure voters are prepared and understand his actions the next time he up for election. Since this situation has become public there is little doubt she won't win.

Peace Bro.

Tatetopa
3 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Misunderstanding?!  And he doesn't specify what he misunderstood.

This also is a sign of our time, complete lack of personal responsibility.  My other favorite is the apology/ no apology "Mistakes were made."  as if somebody somewhere made a mistake, not the person who doesn't take responsibilities for his actions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1