Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russian firm will freeze you when you die

UM-Bot

This has been around for decades.

I don't think it will lead anywhere. The freezing ruptures all your cells and turns them to mush, I don't see any way back from that, even with radically advanced tech. It's like turning apple sauce back into an apple. A way better idea - save some DNA for a clone and hope they figure out how to make backups of the human brain to put into said clone.

Either way, immortality is a horrible idea. Can you imagine what would happen to the planet and it's resources if people stopped dying but kept being born?

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2

I've heard too many horror stories from they cryo companies. Former employees who've admitted misuse and monitoring failure. Typically the head is what's saved, there are power failures where they thaw, lack of maintenance and some employees have claimed that they used frozen human heads as soccer balls. Few workers believe any of it will work, so they don't take it seriously. Not to mention, a company like that is probably betting that the tech to reanimate is wayyy off, which makes them not so concerned about taking care of things.. It's more of a scam than anything IMO. If I get a chance, I'll hunt down some links to employee confessions I've read. Of course, they could be FOS, but considering the industry, I would say not. Just way too hokey. Would the Russians be any different? Hard to say, but it's likely they would, at least on the night shift.

• Sad 1

One customer - Alexei Voronenkov - has already had his 70-year-old mother's remains frozen upon her death and plans to become a resident at the facility when he eventually dies as well.

With respect, why would these companies want to bring back to life or use the body or parts of a 70 year old?  Obviously at this moment the customers fee  is handy, but the remains of a dead 70 year old is not going to be an interest for them or anyone else in the future.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, jbondo said:

I've heard too many horror stories from they cryo companies. Former employees who've admitted misuse and monitoring failure. Typically the head is what's saved, there are power failures where they thaw, lack of maintenance and some employees have claimed that they used frozen human heads as soccer balls. Few workers believe any of it will work, so they don't take it seriously. Not to mention, a company like that is probably betting that the tech to reanimate is wayyy off, which makes them not so concerned about taking care of things.. It's more of a scam than anything IMO. If I get a chance, I'll hunt down some links to employee confessions I've read. Of course, they could be FOS, but considering the industry, I would say not. Just way too hokey. Would the Russians be any different? Hard to say, but it's likely they would, at least on the night shift.

Wasn't there an incident with a California company going belly up and leaving frozen bodies in a warehouse?  Or was that in a movie?  I know it was in a movie - Late For Dinner - but I thought there was a news story too.

21 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

Wasn't this a trend like 20 years ago? Rich guys freezing their remains?

There was a myth about Walt Disney being on ice (no pun intended) years ago.

I can get my brain frozen just by eating ice cream.

And apparently, so can cats...

L7vh.gif 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

Wasn't this a trend like 20 years ago? Rich guys freezing their remains?

Rich old people freezing their remains and young people becoming rich  off the fees.

What a way to make money quick out of dead people!  

Lets weigh up some fees.

Prices with other organizations can be as much as $200,000 or more for whole body cryopreservation and $80,000 for a "neuro" (head-only) option. With CI, a whole bodycryopreservation costs as little as $28,000.00, rendering an alternative "neuro" option unnecessary.

A standard funeral is currently far cheaper.

• Like 1