Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bio electrical people beyond normal ranges

Karl05301

6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

No misuse. To start with here is  the Wikipedia article on Etheric Plane.

The etheric plane (see also etheric body) is a term introduced into Theosophy by Charles Webster Leadbeater and Annie Besant to represent the subtle part of the lower plane of existence. It represents the fourth [higher] subplane of the physical plane (a hyperplane)

Ether is a chemical.

Just now, Rlyeh said:

Ether is a chemical.

The root word is used in multiple ways. What's your point for nitpicking this?

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Real ether is a chemical.  Trust woo idiots to pull words out of their ass.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Crikey said:

Once when I was on a cycle-camping trip in Lincolnshire, I was cycling past RAF Cranwell about 2 in the morning, everywhere was quite and deserted, and as I passed each street light (in the pic below), they went out, then came back on when I'd passed!..

I think there's a name for it in the paranormal world where lights go out or flicker or come back on..

cranwell-gjw.jpg

You could have just pointed out your previous post on this topic,on which thread there are links to comprehensive coverage of why people may think they can turn lights on or off by just standing there...Here's the thread:

and here's my linked explanation:

I believe it's nothing magic - just a series of facts that cause us to be aware of faulty street lights ONLY when we are near them. By their nature many types of street lights (esp sodium vapour I believe - corrections welcome) as they age will run for a while, then overheat and turn off. Then after they cool, they turn back on and repeat the cycle. I've watched one do it - the cycle took about 15 minutes..

Now THINK about that. First, it's common (I can prove that - there are at least two of them within walking distance from me, and I'll video them if necessary...).

Second, when you are out walking or driving, you are continually seeing myriads of street lights, some close but most distant. And as you move, the distant ones frequently get obscured by things and then reappear, so your mind doesn't even bother noticing that - why should it? You are used to streetlamps *at a distance* apparently going on and off. But what happens when you are very close..? - suddenly you actually see them going off (or on) as they are in your direct field of view and of course the illumination in the area changes noticeably. That doesn't happen when they are away from you...

So..

1. street lights that go on and off are quite common.

2. You will only notice that happening when you are very close to them.

I strongly suspect that if the 'observers' of this phenomena took the time to investigate, eg hang around that light and see what happens over a half hour or so.. they will find out it wasn't their presence. But who wants to do that? Much more fun to believe you have .. the power!!

For anyone who seriously believes they cause it, how's about documenting it via a video showing the behavior of the light when you are near it, and then when you back away a hundred meters or so..

Back to you, Crike -  be the first to document it.  By doing so, you will learn why it happens and probably not  bother coming back, of course..

Edited by ChrLzs

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

If we are to have a discussion on this then it helps to know what one is actually referring to.

Using proper terminology appropriate for a particular discussion is not 'nitpicking'.

6 hours ago, Crikey said:

Once when I was on a cycle-camping trip in Lincolnshire, I was cycling past RAF Cranwell about 2 in the morning, everywhere was quite and deserted, and as I passed each street light (in the pic below), they went out, then came back on when I'd passed!..

I think there's a name for it in the paranormal world where lights go out or flicker or come back on..

cranwell-gjw.jpg

You are probably what we call a SLIder,It only happens to me when I'm in a heightened state of awareness,such as being very angry.I know some people that it happens to all the time and they end up destroying electrical equipment.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

I believe it's nothing magic - just a series of facts that cause us to be aware of faulty street lights ONLY when we are near them. By their nature many types of street lights (esp sodium vapour I believe - corrections welcome) as they age will run for a while, then overheat and turn off. Then after they cool, they turn back on and repeat the cycle. I've watched one do it - the cycle took about 15 minutes..

What does that have to do with walking past and them turning off?I have a lot of experience with HPS lights :D and that just isn't relevant.

Regarding my earlier Cranwell pic, A lot of RAF pilots trained at Cranwell and were later killed in WW2, so I wonder if their "spirits" or whatever are still hanging around the place, affecting the street lights in some way with "psychic energy", either accidentally or in a deliberate attempt to communicate with us and let us know they're there?

Perhaps they want us to say a prayer for them to help them find rest?

PS-  Captain Hinchliffe and actress Elsie McKay took off in a plane from Cranwell in 1928 to fly the Atlantic but vanished without trace, perhaps their spirits too are still around? A medium later claimed to have contacted Hinchliffe who told her a strut broke and they crashed into the sea.

Edited by Crikey

53 minutes ago, Crikey said:

Regarding my earlier Cranwell pic, A lot of RAF pilots trained at Cranwell and were later killed in WW2, so I wonder if their "spirits" or whatever are still hanging around the place, affecting the street lights in some way with "psychic energy", either accidentally or in a deliberate attempt to communicate with us and let us know they're there?

Perhaps they want us to say a prayer for them to help them find rest?

PS-  Captain Hinchliffe and actress Elsie McKay took off in a plane from Cranwell in 1928 to fly the Atlantic but vanished without trace, perhaps their spirits too are still around? A medium later claimed to have contacted Hinchliffe who told her a strut broke and they crashed into the sea.

Thanks for acknowledging my answer mate.

4 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Back to you, Crike -  be the first to document it.  By doing so, you will learn why it happens and probably not  bother coming back, of course..

Sorry mate I'm not sure what you're talking about, me and Openozy are Sliders, end of story..:D

Edited by Crikey
  • Like 1

Congrats.  Certainly the way you didn't address a single point in that explanation makes me believe you totally.

{/sarcasm}

In other words, stop wasting UM's time with this drivel.  If you do not wish to debate in good faith, then why are you here?  Maybe look up "discussion".

When you and Ozy provide a video (continuous) showing the effect, I'll listen.

Slide on, dudes.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

In other words, stop wasting UM's time with this drivel.  If you do not wish to debate in good faith, then why are you here?  Maybe look up "discussion"

Why is it wasting the Um's time when we have similar experiences to the OP and are sharing it with them?I don't really know why this happens and neither do you so I suggest you stop wasting our time unless you have something to add that correlates to the experience or at least a brilliant theory.

3 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

In other words, stop wasting UM's time with this drivel.  If you do not wish to debate in good faith, then why are you here?  Maybe look up "discussion".

No offence mate but I think you're a little bit envious of me and Openozy because we're Sliders and you're not, WE HAVE THE POWER..:D

th.jpg

Anyway like I said I didn't understand your post, you said something about lights automatically switching themselves off and on all by themselves when there's nobody near them, but i've never seen that happen at all..:P

Edited by Crikey

Here, I'll post it again.  ADDRESS the issues I have laid out - there aren't too many big \words, and this is a DISCUSSION FORUM where we try to solve mysteries, not a make-stupid-claims forum..  I've numbered the points - please respond to all of them.

1. By their nature many types of street lights (esp sodium vapour I believe - corrections welcome) as they age will run for a while, then overheat and turn off. Then after they cool, they turn back on and repeat the cycle. I've watched one do it - the cycle took about 15 minutes..

Now THINK about that. First, it's common (I can prove that - there are at least two of them within walking distance from me, and I'll video them if necessary...).

2. Second, when you are out walking or driving, you are continually seeing myriads of street lights, some close but most distant. And as you move, the distant ones frequently get obscured by things and then reappear, so your mind doesn't even bother noticing that - why should it? You are used to streetlamps *at a distance* apparently going on and off. But what happens when you are very close..? - suddenly you actually see them going off (or on) as they are in your direct field of view and of course the illumination in the area changes noticeably. That doesn't happen when they are away from you...

So..

A. street lights that go on and off are quite common.

B. You will only notice that happening when you are very close to them.

I strongly suspect that if the 'observers' of this phenomena took the time to investigate, eg hang around that light and see what happens over a half hour or so.. they will find out it wasn't their presence. But who wants to do that? Much more fun to believe you have .. the power!!

For anyone who seriously believes they cause it, how's about documenting it via a video showing the behavior of the light when you are near it, and then when you back away a hundred meters or so..

Where's your evidentiary video?  Please also explain why NO-ONE has ever made such a video, ie showing a continuous and real 'slider' event (ie at least two cycles).  Why two cycles - because it would be easy to fake one just by finding a failing streetlight - there are two currently near my place that are cycling on and off...

13 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Congrats.  Certainly the way you didn't address a single point in that explanation makes me believe you totally.

{/sarcasm}

When you and Ozy provide a video (continuous) showing the effect, I'll listen.

Slide on, dudes.

You get to choose what you read.  Don't blame that on others.  It's really easy, you read the subject or title and realize it annoys you and move on to something you are interested in.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Here, I'll post it again.  ADDRESS the issues I have laid out -I've numbered the points - please respond to all of them..

Okay..::D

1- Here in Britain we don't have street lights that keep switching off and on by themselves, I've never seen one

2- I could see the shining Cranwell lights a long way off as I pedalled towards them, but they only switched off when I got up to them.

I never had a video camera with me or I'd certainly have filmed the phenomena..:D

Edited by Crikey
  • Like 2

I suppose it's possible that your clothing or bike somehow triggered the light sensors, or something to do with your presence interrupting the way the light grounds (doubtful on that) but as for you (or anyone) making street lights turn off by some magical force - not happening. There's either a simple explanation that involves a testable scientific process that anyone could incite, or it's coincidence/timing.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

As a Christian, perhaps I'm simply charged up with awesome spiritual energy?..:P

"Our gospel came to you not simply with words, but also with POWER.."-1 Thess 1:5

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of POWER"- 2 Tim 1:7

"I am full of POWER, judgement and might by the spirit of the Lord"- Micah 3:8

"The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world...they have divine POWER to demolish strongholds"- 2 Cor 10:4

"Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty POWER" (Ephesians 6:10)

"Everybody tried to touch Jesus because POWER was coming from him"- Luke 6:12-19

Jesus said - "Someone touched me, I know that POWER has gone out from me." ( Luke 8:46)

Edited by Crikey

On 1/16/2020 at 1:17 PM, Karl05301 said:

The nerves are dying in my legs and arms.

Just curious: do you drink diet sodas?

On 2/14/2020 at 9:55 AM, Desertrat56 said:

You get to choose what you read.  Don't blame that on others.  It's really easy, you read the subject or title and realize it annoys you and move on to something you are interested in.

It does get tiresome seeing the same claims and lack of evidence. A person pops in here telling everyone they can telekinetically levitate a quarter, they get ask to prove a video, cue the cricket sounds. This happens over and over again. Do you expect people to not be a tad irritated by it?

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

It does get tiresome seeing the same claims and lack of evidence. A person pops in here telling everyone they can telekinetically levitate a quarter, they get ask to prove a video, cue the cricket sounds. This happens over and over again. Do you expect people to not be a tad irritated by it?

No, it is irritating but you can choose based on the title not to click it, or after reading the first sentence or two, click out and read something else.  You choose to be annoyed, no one makes you.

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

No, it is irritating but you can choose based on the title not to click it, or after reading the first sentence or two, click out and read something else.  You choose to be annoyed, no one makes you.

And you choose to respond to people who probably don't care about your criticism of them. You choose to read what they wrote, you've chosen to respond to it. And you can just as easily ignore their responses. 

Just now, XenoFish said:

And you choose to respond to people who probably don't care about your criticism of them. You choose to read what they wrote, you've chosen to respond to it. And you can just as easily ignore their responses. 

Exactly!  I respond for the same reason you read the posts that annoy you.

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Exactly!  I respond for the same reason you read the posts that annoy you.

So you're bored with nothing to really do on your day off work?

Very little annoys me here anymore. If someone does I put them on my bliss list. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Haha 2