Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bio electrical people beyond normal ranges

Karl05301

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

So you're bored with nothing to really do on your day off work?

Very little annoys me here anymore. If someone does I put them on my bliss list. 

Me too, and I wasn't originally talking to you about this, I posted to that complainer, but of course it was because I chose to be annoyed at his accusation to someone else.

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Me too, and I wasn't originally talking to you about this, I posted to that complainer, but of course it was because I chose to be annoyed at his accusation to someone else.

I'm bored. 99.9% of the threads here are predictable to me. I sent you a pm. We'll take this there if you do not mind. I don't want to get zapped by electro-boy.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2020 at 12:11 PM, Rlyeh said:

Real ether is a chemical.  Trust woo idiots to pull words out of their ass.

Except the entomology of the word shows it was first used to represent the idea of  a space beyond the moon.

From Middle English ēther (the caelum aetherum of ancient cosmology in which the planets orbit; a shining, fluid substance described as a form of air or fire; air),[1] borrowed from Anglo-Norman ether and Middle French ether, ethere, aether, from Old French aether (highest and purest part of the atmosphere; medium supposedly filling the upper regions of space) (modern French éther), or directly from its etymon Latin aethēr (highest and purest part of the atmosphere; air; heavens, sky; light of day; ethereal matter surrounding a deity)

Trust later empirical scientists to plagiarize older systems for their vocabulary and glossary and then later complain about any "woo woo" connections and connotations that may arise.

Edited by WanderingFool0
typo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, WanderingFool0 said:

Except the entomology of the word shows it was first used to represent the idea of  a space beyond the moon.

That's aether.

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You just have to be right don't you.

Actually no I don't, but when people are gonna quote me and try to dismiss what I said, while being wrong, then I feel like I need to correct them.

I have already been corrected on this forum when I have been in error and I have accepted it. Because, I am here discuss and continue to evolve on my journey, not win verbal sparring matches or convert people.

Edited by WanderingFool0
omitions

On 2/15/2020 at 1:46 AM, Crikey said:

Okay..::D

1- Here in Britain we don't have street lights that keep switching off and on by themselves, I've never seen one.

Wow, an attempt to sound scientific.  You've never seen one, eh?  But your own story shows you have.  Don't you remember what you posted?   There is, as always lovely irony and hypocrisy wheh you say that AND YET did not address the parts of my post that directly talk about WHY you don't notice streetlights that switch on or off UNLESS you are right next to them.

2- I could see the shining Cranwell lights a long way off as I pedalled towards them, but they only switched off when I got up to them.

Golly, convincing.  Does it honestly, seriously, not occur to you that this event solely depends on the thermal cutout cycle?  All it needs is a high level of gullibility {check} a desire to be 'special' {check} and for the on/off cycle to roughly coincide with your movement - your own story states that it you didn't go back to observe if it happened again for a particular light, so don't try to now claim otherwise.

It only takes a couple of faulty lights and for you to be outdoors walking / cycling / driving, and it HAS to happen.  ALL sodium vapour lights and all gas vapour lights generally (and they are very common in the UK) do this when they fail,  Please don't spread misinformation and try to tell us that because you haven't seen something, it doesn't exist...

Look, I know this involves a few different concepts, but do have a go at understanding, and then try very, very hard to also understand that UNTIL someone shows a convincing video (and frankly, that would be pretty easy to do - all you'd need was a bit of time), then no-one with more than half a brain is going to buy into it.

Those of us who do have that requisite 50%+ brain capacity, understand why you won't do that video, so it's OK.  We get it.  You are 'special' but perhaps not in the way of being a 'slider'...

I never had a video camera with me or I'd certainly have filmed the phenomena..:D

Well, that should be good enough for ....

.. no-one whatsoever.

3 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Wow, an attempt to sound scientific.  You've never seen one, eh?  But your own story shows you have.  Don't you remember what you posted?..

Yes mate, I said- "I could see the shining Cranwell lights a long way off as I pedalled towards them, but they only switched off when I got up to them"

Remember Lincolnshire is pancake flat so you can see distant lights miles away, and as I pedalled towards Cranwell they were clear and bright on the horizon for a long, long time, but they went out when I got up to them, then came back on after I'd passed, it can't just be a coincidence..:P

So me and Openozy are very probably Sliders which gives us paranormal bragging rights..:)

sliders.jpg

Edited by Crikey

1 hour ago, Crikey said:

...they went out when I got up to them, then came back on after I'd passed, it can't just be a coincidence..:P

Yes, actually it can.  Unless it happens pretty regularly..... read on.

So ..... do it again.  Your phone has a video function, I'm betting.. (better quality might help, but just getting a prelim video at low quality would be a fine start).   It would be very easy to do (just make it a continuous take, don't stop and start).  And it would you make you the first to actually provide evidence and then a whole new aspect of electromagnetics will open up, with potentially enormous effects on our society.

I'm rather excited by this - when will you be doing it?  I'm on Oz, so I can't help much - does anyone here in Orstralia make the same claims? - I'd be delighted to be a facilitator..  I mean, I can't think of a possible reason why you wouldn't do such an easy thing.  And I will certainly help you to determine the type of lights in that region, and whether they have a thermal overload/cutout circuitry.

Unless of course this doesn't happen very often, and in that case, sadly, it is indeed a coincidence and your power is worth about as much as I paid to read this stuff...

Can't wait to see the video!

57 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

So ..... do it again.  Your phone has a video function, I'm betting...Can't wait to see the video!

You'd just say it was faked, so what'd be the point?..:P

40 minutes ago, Crikey said:

You'd just say it was faked, so what'd be the point?..:P

Frankly, I'm sick to death of that sort of lame, smarmy copout, posted solely to cover your laziness, or perhaps the fact that you have exaggerated and you know dam well it isn't going to happen as advertised...

I'm happy to stand on my rep here - there are plenty of videos that I have given the thumbs up to here at this forum, and if anyone wants to say that I call fake needlessly... THEN YOU BETTER BACK THAT UP WITH AN EXAMPLE.  So I'm calling you out, Crikey.  Either point me to where I have unjustifiably cried fake, or apologise and then move onto your next copout er excuse er really good reason why you couldn't do it.

You have a bit of a problem with this sort of claim - it's a rather easy one to prove, and all you have to do is shoot the scenario in one continuous take, from a reasonable distance away, say 50 yards/metres and then walk past (no stopping) by another 50, and then repeat that, so you are clearly responsible for just two cycles.  That's hardly a big ask.  And if you do try to fake it, even a rank amateur will be able to "spot the joins" as it were.  As you may not have noticed, and just so you are not laboring under the impression you are talking to idiots here at UM, when I do an analysis, I go through (in painful detail, all verifiable and checkable) all the things that make a video real.. as well as all the things that give it away as faked.  I'm quite good at it.. {modest, aren't I?}.  Go on, test me out.

Anyway, why not cut to the chase - you won't do it, right?  Don't bore us with further excuses, OK?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

..all you have to do is shoot the scenario in one continuous take, from a reasonable distance away, say 50 yards/metres and then walk past (no stopping) by another 50, and then repeat that, so you are clearly responsible for just two cycles.  That's hardly a big ask.

Whoa Charlie, the Cranwell incident occurred about 20 years ago and was a one-off phenomena..I've walked past plenty of streetlights since then and none have ever gone out.

WAIT! I've got a sensational theory! -- During that night ride perhaps a cloaked UFO was silently tracking me as I pedalled along, and it may have been THAT what made the lights go out with the electromagnetic radiation from its engines?

I was cycling with my bike lamps off, but the UFO could have detected me on its infra-red sensors..Phew I had a narrow escape..:D

"Commander, a human cyclist is below us"

"Then we shall abduct him if we get the chance, we need more slave labourers in the lithium crystal mines on Cygnus Alpha" 

ST-balance-terror.jpg

Edited by Crikey

18 minutes ago, Crikey said:

the Cranwell incident occurred about 20 years ago and was a one-off phenomena.. I've walked past plenty of streetlights since then and none have ever gone out.

??????????   Then why did you claim to be a "Slider"?  That term does not refer to a once off coincidence, 99.9999% likely to have just been a faulty streetlamp.

What an utter waste of time - you do know the rules here about trolling and garbage posting?  I'd suggest you get serious, or get back on that bike..

2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

??????????   Then why did you claim to be a "Slider"?..

In my original post I simply said- "I think there's a name for it in the paranormal world where lights go out or flicker or come back on", then SOMEBODY ELSE pointed out that I might be a "Slider"..:D

Yes that'd certainly explain why the Cranwell lights went out as I approached them, I might use this as an exciting new avatar-

electric.jpg

I hope they actually do research this properly, if only to put this nonsense to bed.

However, we all know that even if it gets explained in a rational way, certain people still won't accept that they don't have magic unexplainable powers.

• Confused 2

On 2/14/2020 at 4:46 PM, Crikey said:

Okay..::D

1- Here in Britain we don't have street lights that keep switching off and on by themselves, I've never seen one

2- I could see the shining Cranwell lights a long way off as I pedalled towards them, but they only switched off when I got up to them.

I never had a video camera with me or I'd certainly have filmed the phenomena..:D

When I worked as an service electrician we spent every winter fixing street lights that blink or had gone dark.
They either overheat as someone mentioned earlier or you had to change the choke and sometimes the lightbulb.
If you kick on the lamp-post it will switch of too.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Herr Falukorv said:

When I worked as an service electrician we spent every winter fixing street lights that blink or had gone dark.
They either overheat as someone mentioned earlier or you had to change the choke and sometimes the lightbulb.
If you kick on the lamp-post it will switch of too.

So basically, they can be on a hair trigger. Do you think the vibrations of someone running or biking nearby could be enough to trigger them?

Edited by moonman

2 minutes ago, moonman said:

So basically, they can be on a hair trigger. Do you think the vibrations of someone running or biking near one could be enough to trigger them?

Some are very sensitive when the are near their breaking point. they switch off when its windy outside

Edited by Herr Falukorv

4 hours ago, Herr Falukorv said:

Some are very sensitive when the are near their breaking point. they switch off when its windy outside

You must have poor quality globes or inept electricians where you are :lol:

1 minute ago, openozy said:

You must have poor quality globes or inept electricians where you are :lol:

Probably not inept electricians, just old technology and severe weather.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 4:15 AM, ChrLzs said:

Crikey said- "You'd just say it was faked, so what'd be the point?"..:P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frankly, I'm sick to death of that sort of lame, smarmy copout, posted solely to cover your laziness..

No offence mate but I'm sure I also speak for most other people who've experienced paranormal phenomena when I say WE DON'T CARE what skeptics say..:D

For example, whenever somebody posts an experience, the skeptics all start rocking and rolling and hitting it with their negative vibes because that's what skeptics DO, they're so predictable and monotonous and-

Edited by Crikey
  • Thanks 1

On 1/16/2020 at 9:59 PM, Bendy Demon said:

:unsure: :hmm:

Anyway...one day I totally fried my Playstation 2 because I was wearing socks as I walked across a carpeted floor and it was probably pretty dry and when my finger was about 5 milimeters away from the button that opens the CD cover a sizeable bolt of static electricity bridged that gap and..well, no more Playstation...

Static electricity...it's a real thing...

Static electricity can do one, I'm sick of getting shocks from shopping trolleys (carts) and that one hand rail in Boots.