Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could consciousness pervade the universe ?

UM-Bot

13 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Humanity is an evolutionary mistake that needs desperately to go extinct.

12 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Let the world burn. 

And to think P101 and onlookerofmayhem "liked" this stuff, says a lot about the mental equilibrium of these people. That is just  beyond a joke.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, joc said:

Here is just a tiny bit of sarcasm (not really) it is in fact at the heart of your argument.  When is the next Hendrix concert?   No Hendrix brain = no Hendrix.

What actually inspires anyone to do anything?  If inspiration, desire, the emotions are not products of the brain then where exactly does it come from?

I ask you again...where exactly is the Ethereal Plane?  What exactly is it besides a conceptualized thought of the human brain?

The Ethereal Plane, I would suggest is what we call space, or thin air, something Nicola Tesla new, and demonstrated, was full of energy.

My idea/theory, for what its worth is that through our aura, our desires, intent, and curiosity connect with this ether, then, because it is intelligent, living, Spirit, it gives a reply filtered through our brains and into our mind. And that's about it!

The fact that when a person learns the guitar for example, new neurological pathways are created, and with each new chord, an interconnected collection of new pathways are also created. This suggests very strongly that mind is the "boss" of our brain, and not the over way round.

And folk such as Wim Hof, who can control his autonomic nervous systems via his intent and his mind, would also suggest this to be true.

Hope this helps!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

You are right.

To suggest that inspiration, intuition, and insight, all come the neocortex is clearly incredulous.

If that were so, we would all be nothing but automatons, churning out the exact same material, all the time.

Maybe you need some new material then.

Clearly intuition and inspiration are born outside of the self.

Another baseless claim Crazy Horse is incapable of supporting.

• Like 1

You are the utterly ignorant one, its not that the Universe has human qualities, but that Humanity has universal qualities.

As above, so below.

Once again; another baseless claim Crazy Horse is incapable of supporting.

Of course humanity has universal qualities, but consciousness isn't a universal quality there champ.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

The Ethereal Plane, I would suggest is what we call space, or thin air, something Nicola Tesla new, and demonstrated, was full of energy.

You have no idea what you're rambling about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now that my temperament has cooled down. Let me go at this again. By saying things are conscious that implies thought. A rock doesn't think, it doesn't act. I think that the word consciousness in the case of this thread is being used figuratively. Not in a pantheistic way. Two chemical (baking soda and vinegar) neither think, both react. Why? No idea I'm not a chemist. The idea that everything has a perspective is odd to me. Again the rock doesn't see. A plant "sees" the world, it experiences the world and reacts to it. A plant has an experience, they have a limited form of 'consciousness'. A rock doesn't. Air doesn't. Air is a lot like baking soda and vinegar, it reacts. A hot air steam meets a cold one and boom, a storm. Water reacts to temperature, too hot it evaporates, too cold it freezes. Enough condensation gathers together we get rain. Quantum physics doesn't prove that thoughts influence anything. So we can just drop that. Thoughts do not have enough omph to affect anything external. Yeah, would be nice to have some kind of telepathic and/or telekinetic abilities, but ain't so. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

My idea/theory, for what its worth is that through our aura, our desires, intent, and curiosity connect with this ether, then, because it is intelligent, living, Spirit, it gives a reply filtered through our brains and into our mind. And that's about it!

The fact that when a person learns the guitar for example, new neurological pathways are created, and with each new chord, an interconnected collection of new pathways are also created. This suggests very strongly that mind is the "boss" of our brain, and not the over way round.

And folk such as Wim Hof, who can control his autonomic nervous systems via his intent and his mind, would also suggest this to be true.

Hope this helps!

We only have 5 senses.  Touch, smell, sight, hearing, taste.   These all come together in our brain to give us a 'picture', an understanding of our world around us.  There is nothing in our world around us to even remotely suggest that Space is alive.  We are alive.  Space is not alive.  So your entire theory is based on a fantasy going on in your brain. 

We also have something that some call a 6th sense.  Intuition.  Our 'gut'...feeling about something.  This is 'another picture' that is in the closet of our mind...our subconscious.

You are failing to consider the Subconscious intervention in our Conscious thought process.  Consider for a moment that...our Subconscious is the 'keeper' of all of our memory.  A major role it plays is to Support our Conscious thought process.  The Subconscious doesn't know truth from lie.  One of it's main functions is to agree with and support the Conscious thought process...whatever it is.    Your fantasy is based on your own Conscious thoughts being supported by your Subconscious.  It's kind of an endless loop of Thought and Support and Thought and Support...

One way we can know that our thought process is not fantasy is to verify it against known truth.  Once we start verifying what we think against what is actually known to be real...we have the ability to change our thought process.  If you are not willing to face reality as it is actually proven to be...you will forever be trapped in this repeated loop of nonsense.  The truth just is Crazy Horse. 

I am a fairly okay guitar player...but not because there is any connection between me and a Woo Sounding Fantasy Place called 'ethers'.  Rather it is...because I actually pick up the guitar every single day and play stuff.  Practice makes talent...not the ethers.   Science makes for good discussion of the world around us.  Not fantasy.    

Edited by joc
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, psyche101 said:

You didn't say human self awareness. You just added that on now. 

If it makes the difference here, why do the other factors matter? Of course whales elephants and dolphins don't have human self awareness, only humans can logically have that, but the have all the other attributes in abundance, more than we. So why do those factors matter if human self awareness is the critical aspect?

I actually added human self awareness in my second post, then you sent that reply to me afterwards, anyway.

Because we get to imagine, create, love and forgive. Because we have a range of emotions, feel and intuit. And because we find inspiration once desire has been recognised. All of these things change our brain chemistry and neurological pathways and connections. Which in connection with this idea that the universe is conscious, are all important aspects. Why? because it how we interact with this Spirit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Maybe you need some new material then.

Another baseless claim Crazy Horse is incapable of supporting.

So you have never seen a beautiful sunset, or an amazing person, and been inspired?

That doesn't surprise me....

Luckily, most folks have.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Once again; another baseless claim Crazy Horse is incapable of supporting.

Of course humanity has universal qualities, but consciousness isn't a universal quality there champ.

Anyone unlucky enough to read your posts will realise very quickly just how utterly ignorant you, that much is self evident.

If you ever prayed for guidance, or comfort, then you would know, for yourself champ, that there is a greater power ready to help us. 

But that would take an open mind.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Anyone unlucky enough to read your posts will realise very quickly just how utterly ignorant you, that much is self evident.

If you ever prayed for guidance, or comfort, then you would know, for yourself champ, that there is a greater power ready to help us. 

Prayers are just affirmation with chocolate syrup and sprinkles. 

On 1/18/2020 at 4:42 AM, iridescence said:

Can you materialize things with your mind? Or feel and think without body and brain? Mind is brain made of matter. I hope you don't think we are ghosts interacting with each other.

:yes: That is exactly what he is saying!

27 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Prayer is confirmation bias of sorts.  It feeds the subconscious which feeds the conscious which feeds the subconscious...its all a loop.  We have the power however to change what is being looped from one to the other.  We can actually choose the loop we experience.  

• Like 1

So you have never seen a beautiful sunset, or an amazing person, and been inspired?

That doesn't surprise me....

Luckily, most folks have.

You really need new material.

• Thanks 1

And then you go on to make this brilliant statement;

Prayer is how you determine the validity of a claim?  Given how painfully clueless you are perhaps this really isn't surprising.  

Clinging to outdated and debunked concepts goes to show you have an irrational ignorant mind.

On 1/18/2020 at 1:34 PM, XenoFish said:

Whenever I see stuff like this. I'm looking for the book that goes with it. 

212136541_consciousness(2).jpg.cc652b5bde3e0d1859e27ae35f61e18e.jpg

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, psyche101 said:

That's a pretty wide range comment. It doesn't really mean anything. It's like saying everything that is here now, is here now. 

Exactly.   I think your catching on psyche.   ;)     I know I'm fishing....just thinking out loud....so to speak :lol:

.     But, really...(according to the current popularly accepted theory of the beginning of this Universe). ....what was the first Thing that ever happened ?   mhm....a surge of ENERGY.     What form exactly?..not sure anyone knows?   ENERGY became every process and thing in existence.      Right?

• Like 1

When science and a more spiritual mindset are combined, the results are truly amazing.

Here it is proven how our consciousness, via our emotions, affect the very building blocks of life and matter.

5 hours ago, lightly said:

Exactly.   I think your catching on psyche.   ;)     I know I'm fishing....just thinking out loud....so to speak :lol:

:tu:

5 hours ago, lightly said:

.     But, really...(according to the current popularly accepted theory of the beginning of this Universe). ....what was the first Thing that ever happened ?   mhm....a surge of ENERGY.     What form exactly?..not sure anyone knows?   ENERGY became every process and thing in existence.      Right?

No, a difference of potential created an imbalance of virtual particles that resulted in disproportionate amounts of matter and antimatter. They anhiliated each other and the left over from the imbalance is the universe.

A difference in potential that we regularly work with in our everyday lives is electricity. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

:tu:

No, a difference of potential created an imbalance of virtual particles that resulted in disproportionate amounts of matter and antimatter. They anhiliated each other and the left over from the imbalance is the universe.

A difference in potential that we regularly work with in our everyday lives is electricity. 

In the end, that kind of explanation just does not satisfy, nor can any such explanation, couched in "everyday" language.

• Like 2

On 1/19/2020 at 5:29 AM, Habitat said:

And to think P101 and onlookerofmayhem "liked" this stuff, says a lot about the mental equilibrium of these people. That is just  beyond a joke.

And to think that @Psyche101 is from Australia, a country that has just undergone horrific loss of life and property due to wild fires, really does show how twisted his mind is!

Utterly repugnant.

Yet, karma is real, and the Universal shall have Its say, no doubt.

I sincerely hope he mends his ways before its too late.

Edited by Crazy Horse

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

And to think that @psyche101 is from Australia, a country that has just undergone horrific loss of life and property due to wild fires, really does show how twisted his mind is!

Utterly repugnant.

Yet, karma is real, and the Universal shall have Its say, no doubt.

I sincerely hope he mends his ways before its too late.

Not to mention the original author of the remarks, who needs perhaps to realise that impressionable minds may be reading.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

Not to mention the original author of the remarks, who needs perhaps to realise that impressionable minds may be reading.

The guy wants to see the world burn, he thinks humanity are a cancer...……..do you really think he gives a flying fig about impressionable minds?

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked