Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Bible is an atrological record (Decoded!)

Herbert Sanders

1 minute ago, Mark Sanders said:

Im dating celestial events

What events? Show them. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Swede said:

Naturally so. Without bothering to address the various archaeological/historical/cultural errors, are you familiar with the astrological phenomenon known as prescession? Your "precise" dates are inherently inaccurate.

I already mentioned precession of the equinoxes way back. 

• Like 2

How can the bible be an "astrological record" when it was written at a time the solar system was declared as to be geocentric?

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, toast said:

How can the bible be an "astrological record" when it was written at a time the solar system was declared as to be geocentric?

Geocentricity is later.

Look for whatever reason, it is possible using tropical. Precession seems to be irrelevent.

You can connjure up anything you want but the OP has the info. And cross posted on astro.com

I understand it is a touch subject but really it shouldnt be.

Edited by Mark Sanders
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Swede said:

Naturally so. Without bothering to address the various archaeological/historical/cultural errors, are you familiar with the astronomical phenomenon known as prescession? Your "precise" dates are inherently inaccurate.

Heretic! Heretic!

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

I already mentioned precession of the equinoxes way back. 

Note correction to #152. Typos do so annoy me.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mark Sanders said:

I'linked dozens in the OP. Why so lazy?

No, you think you did. But you didn’t. What you did was pluck a series of keystone events from the Bible and create through some arcane process (probably involving a degree of straw clutching), an astrological chart relative to that event. You then go on to say that the Bible is a record of those events but equally that the events of the Bible are immaterial to your central premise of special somethings happening in the sky.

• Like 3

Dont be too hung up on dates, or precession. It is about matching the story with the relative position of the planets.

With the given dates and the given calendar system you can recreate tge skies. If you use a different date for a diffent system fine. It does not take away a thing.

Again it is about matching up a story with the skies. Not your dates or events.

5 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

No, you think you did. But you didn’t. What you did was pluck a series of keystone events from the Bible and create through some arcane process (probably involving a degree of straw clutching), an astrological chart relative to that event. You then go on to say that the Bible is a record of those events but equally that the events of the Bible are immaterial to your central premise of special somethings happening in the sky.

No im not saying special things happening in the sky. Nothing special. 

Why are you putting words in my mouth?

What did you do last full moon?

Hell do i know, but it was an 'event'

Or tomorrow at dawn...

Edited by Mark Sanders

3 minutes ago, Mark Sanders said:

No im not saying special things happening in the sky. Nothing special. 

Why are you putting words in my mouth?

What did you do last full moon?

Hell do i know, but it was an 'event'

Or tomorrow at dawn...

So your theory has nothing to do with the events in the Bible, nothing to do with historical events, has dates of no worthwhile note encoded into it and seemingly, exists only to confuse people on the Internet.

A6CAD909-0941-4DF1-9352-2E02A9FA08FC.png.5873dac3bef3372f786e2442e7b5a6dc.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So your theory has nothing to do with the events in the Bible, nothing to do with historical events, has dates of no worthwhile note encoded into it and seemingly, exists only to confuse people on the Internet.

A6CAD909-0941-4DF1-9352-2E02A9FA08FC.png.5873dac3bef3372f786e2442e7b5a6dc.png

Bingo

Biblical events never happened. Only as celestial objects passing by, observed by astrologers. And noted by scribes.

The same as every other passing day.

This is no magic, simple observation. Easy to reproduce as their methods were crude as well. 

Edited by Mark Sanders

2 minutes ago, Mark Sanders said:

Bingo

So why post it? If it connects to nothing, has no purpose, just nothing. Then what was the point of it?

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

So why post it? If it connects to nothing, has no purpose, just nothing. Then what was the point of it?

Well did you know this?

To me it was a mystery

Just now, Mark Sanders said:

Well did you know this?

To me it was a mystery

I don't see the point in it. It serves no functional purpose. Points to nothing significant, nor validates anything historic. 

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Or creating it.

Right and that is why i presented it on 2 fora to put it to the test

But i barely get past hello

Edited by Mark Sanders

6 hours ago, Mark Sanders said:

i thought this was an unexplained-mysteries forum. im demonstrating something that has yet to be explained. but for some reason people are offended or for whatever reason do not want to look at what is presented, which is pretty straight forward really.

or show me someone else that explains the story of Ham, or Jacob/Esau, or Isaac/Rebecca to you through the stars. What about the birth and death of Abraham, death and burial of Sarah. Not to mention the deeper levels that are tied into these. We have barely passed hello, lol. People seem to be very close minded here.

Not offended at all, gosh no. I like to be as open minded as I can. However, I haven't seen much in this thread and was simply asking the bottom line from you.

As far as those names from the Bible are concerned, you're assuming those are all real people.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Not offended at all, gosh no. I like to be as open minded as I can. However, I haven't seen much in this thread and was simply asking the bottom line from you.

As far as those names from the Bible are concerned, you're assuming those are all real people.

No, characters in stories. But reading about these characters allows us to pinpoint the planets and consequently get a date in whatever calendar you are running.

But real wars are fought over these stories. Especially the Ishmael or Esau vs Jacob branches.

Edited by Mark Sanders

53 minutes ago, Mark Sanders said:

Right and that is why i presented it on 2 fora to put it to the test

But i barely get past hello

And on both of those forae (IIRC) you were met with educated skepticism, universal misunderstanding and at least one Doctor Who reference.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, XenoFish said:

The abrahamic religions were created from older myths and stories. @Davros of Skaro @eight bits a little assistance is needed. 

The OP is on a patternicity high. 

He's a parallel-O-mania junkie.

Edited by Davros of Skaro
  • Thanks 3