Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Any concrete evidence?

Crikey

The Exorcist is no way a documentary.

While I support the notion that there are evil things, influences and actions out there, I do not remove man's ability and even duty to say no and choose for the better options in behavior and lifestyle.

IMO a great deal of so-called "demonic" and "demonic influence" is actually human wickedness projecting itself onto other, outside causes.

If there is any way to focus on other people's wrongs over our own, other' people around we can twist facts into blaming for our own failures and bads, humans will try it. Even knowing this it remains a can of worms to make sure we are not doing it ourselves. 

Demons have no authority we do not give to them over us. 

JMO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

a great deal of so-called "demonic" and "demonic influence" is actually human wickedness projecting itself onto other, outside causes.

Or undiagnosed mental illness.

• Like 2

On 1/19/2020 at 12:03 PM, XenoFish said:

I think a lot of us would be excited if there was something real to the paranormal/supernatural. Sadly it's mostly half remembered events, simple mistakes, and/or flat out lies. The fakers and liars make it worse for the believers. 

I remember mine like they happened a few minutes ago and more vividly than thing else in my life.  Nothing comes close to these experiences.  

If you don’t get “the message”  while you’re incarnate you’ll surely receive it when you croak.  If you happen get stuck in Sheol vvvvvvvvv :devil:  be sure to understand that you are actually dead.  This will be a boon to you. ^^^^^^^^ :innocent: ^^^^^^^^

Hope this helps. 

That face of yours looks vaguely familiar......:rolleyes:

Edited by Festina Lente

Material world - Concrete and static

Spirit/other dimensional World  - Abstract and fluid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Festina Lente said:

Material world - Concrete and static

Spirit/other dimensional World  - Abstract and fluid. 

There is nothing static about the physical world.

46 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

There is nothing static about the physical world.

My house sits upon a foundation and no matter how hard I try to get it fly to Munchkin Land it still refuses to budge,  oh well...

Edited by Festina Lente
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Festina Lente said:

My house sits upon a foundation and no matter how hard I try to get it fly to munchkin land it still refuses to budge,  oh well...

But it will not be there forever, there is a thing called entropy that affects every physical thing.  The planet isn't static, dirt, rocks water all move, mountains erode from wind, rain and snow.  Volcanoes create new mountains or explode, humans dig in the dirt, the dirt shifts around and under the foundation of your house.  Static means no activity, no motion, no change.

• Thanks 1

On 1/20/2020 at 1:04 PM, Not A Rockstar said:

While I support the notion that there are evil things, influences and actions out there, I do not remove man's ability and even duty to say no and choose for the better options in behavior and lifestyle.

IMO a great deal of so-called "demonic" and "demonic influence" is actually human wickedness projecting itself onto other, outside causes.

If there is any way to focus on other people's wrongs over our own, other' people around we can twist facts into blaming for our own failures and bads, humans will try it. Even knowing this it remains a can of worms to make sure we are not doing it ourselves. 

Demons have no authority we do not give to them over us. 

JMO.

True, but the Key to the Mystery....

Do you have it?

demon (n.)

c. 1200, "an evil spirit, malignant supernatural being, an incubus, a devil," from Latin daemon "spirit," from Greek daimōn"deity, divine power; lesser god; guiding spirit, tutelary deity" (sometimes including souls of the dead); "one's genius, lot, or fortune;" from PIE *dai-mon- "divider, provider" (of fortunes or destinies), from root *da- "to divide."

The malignant sense is because the Greek word was used (with daimonion) in Christian Greek translations and the Vulgate for "god of the heathen, heathen idol" and also for "unclean spirit." Jewish authors earlier had employed the Greek word in this sense, using it to render shedim "lords, idols" in the Septuagint, and Matthew viii.31 has daimones, translated as deofol in Old English, feend or deuil in Middle English. Another Old English word for this was hellcniht, literally "hell-knight."

The usual ancient Greek sense, "supernatural agent or intelligence lower than a god, ministering spirit" is attested in English from 1560s and is sometimes written daemon or daimon for purposes of distinction. Meaning "destructive or hideous person" is from 1610s; as "an evil agency personified" (rum, etc.) from 1712.

The Demon of Socrates (late 14c. in English) was a daimonion, a “divine principle” or inward oracle. His accusers , and THE CHURCH FATHERS, however, represented this otherwise.  The Demon Star (1895) is Algol (q.v.) .

https://www.etymonline.com/word/demon

They say the greatest tick of the “devil”  is to convince us he doesn’t exist. Seems to me me the greatest trick of the “devil” is to convince everyone one he is God.  MYO.  You decide — Read that OT black book.  

The Subversion of the language at work here. 

Edited by Festina Lente

4 minutes ago, Festina Lente said:

True, but the Key to the Mystery....

Do you have it?

demon (n.)

what is your question? 

I have already said "Demons have no authority we do not give to them over us " That was a noun in that sentence. If one accepts the reality and power of a demon then one is wise to also accept the anti-thesis of that power and stand with that. I do.

I do not ascribe to the idea that we are somehow helpless before them and all evil is the devil's fault. We are utterly capable of doing a whole lot of bad on his days off, all by ourselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

what is your question? 

I have already said "Demons have no authority we do not give to them over us " That was a noun in that sentence. If one accepts the reality and power of a demon then one is wise to also accept the anti-thesis of that power and stand with that. I do.

I do not ascribe to the idea that we are somehow helpless before them and all evil is the devil's fault. We are utterly capable of doing a whole lot of bad on his days off, all by ourselves.

The USUAL  ancient Greek sense, "supernatural agent or intelligence lower than a god, ministering spirit" is attested in English from 1560s and is sometimes written daemon or daimon for purposes of distinction.

Meaning "destructive or hideous person" is from 1610s; as "an evil agency personified" (rum, etc.) from 1712.

The Demon of Socrates (late 14c. in English) was a daimonion, a “divine principle” or inward oracle. His accusers , and THE CHURCH FATHERS, however, represented this otherwise.  

^^ Please read again.^^

Study the word “demon”. A “divine principle”, before the Church Father’s changed the meaning.  Bolded. Words  are spelled —spells — black magic — subversion of the language.  They want us enslaved. The only bad guy here is an Incalcuably malevolent bloodthirsty jealous wrathful avaricious Murdering Lying bigoted misanthropic so called “god”.   

Yes, yes,  yes. 

19 minutes ago, Festina Lente said:

The USUAL  ancient Greek sense, "supernatural agent or intelligence lower than a god, ministering spirit" is attested in English from 1560s and is sometimes written daemon or daimon for purposes of distinction.

Meaning "destructive or hideous person" is from 1610s; as "an evil agency personified" (rum, etc.) from 1712.

The Demon of Socrates (late 14c. in English) was a daimonion, a “divine principle” or inward oracle. His accusers , and THE CHURCH FATHERS, however, represented this otherwise.  

^^ Please read again.^^

Study the word “demon”. A “divine principle”, before the Church Father’s changed the meaning.  Bolded. Words  are spelled —spells — black magic — subversion of the language.  They want us enslaved. The only bad guy here is an Incalcuably malevolent bloodthirsty jealous wrathful avaricious Murdering Lying bigoted misanthropic so called “god”.   

Yes, yes,  yes. 

— Destructive principle since 1610s.—

Pray do tell, what occurred in 1611?

The publication of the KJV Bible.

Daemon was a originally a positive principle — YOUR HIGHER SELF, THE GOD IN YOU!  

Edited by Festina Lente

rip-xrayB.jpg~original

Unlike Ripley's alien implant, demons don't show up on scans and x-rays because they're purely invisible spiritual life-forms, but we can usually tell who's hosting one because we can hear it speaking rubbish through the victims mouth, usually to attack Jesus and Christianity by using the victim as their ventriloquist's dummy.

"A possessed individual is typically characterized by verbal outbursts, mostly obscene or sacrilegious in nature"

http://www.demonic.name/demonic-possession/

To get rid of them the victim must simply refuse to let it control him / her-

"Resist the devil and he'll flee from you" (Bible:James 4:7)

Edited by Crikey
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

If indeed supernatural entities we colloquially call "demons" do in fact exist, I believe they have nothing to do with how various religious myths explain them, but are instead science based. Just as hauntings are actually energy residue from past living persons, so are demons. I call ghosts "energy smears" and demons "dirty energy smears." They appear where a past horrific and traumatic event elevated the electromagnetic brain energy of the human victims to levels high enough to bleed from their physical bodies and permeate the environment where the events took place.

I've encountered dirty energy on two occasions: once in Iraq where I was a tank driver and was doing post-firefight mop up, and once in a crack house in Austin. And no, I was not partaking, but was at the time a juvenile parole officer looking for a client.

On both occasions, which were four years apart, the physical and mental effects I was inundated with were almost identical.

Just my two cents. 

I prefer to call them negative interdimensional parasites as they feed upon their host and they do most certainly exist.  They can enter when one is overcome by raging passions that are not controlled; intense carnal desire, fear, fame, paranoia, hatreds, jealousy,  vengefulness, uncontrolled ambitions, religious fanaticism [i.e.those who torture and burn people alive] excessive greed, et al. Politicians, acrimonious ex-spouses and some clergy are a good examples of possessed individuals.  

Edited by Festina Lente
  • Haha 1

On 1/28/2020 at 6:35 AM, Festina Lente said:

I prefer to call them negative interdimensional parasites as they feed upon their host and they do most certainly exist.  They can enter when one is overcome by raging passions that are not controlled; intense carnal desire, fear, fame, paranoia, hatreds, jealousy,  vengefulness, uncontrolled ambitions, religious fanaticism [i.e.those who torture and burn people alive] excessive greed, et al. Politicians, acrimonious ex-spouses and some clergy are a good examples of possessed individuals.  

Grief/loss, depression, anxiety. It does depend on the state of the psyche. 

Doing things to change the state of the psyche have the effect of eradicating whatever phenomena is going on. 

Simple banishment techniques work for this, regardless of what belief system they stem from. What important is that the person is empowered by them. They believe they can control it.

Just now, GlitterRose said:

Grief/loss, depression, anxiety. It does depend on the state of the psyche. 

Doing things to change the state of the psyche have the effect of eradicating whatever phenomena is going on. 

Simple banishment techniques work for this, regardless of what belief system they stem from. What's important is that the person is empowered by them. They believe they can control it.

On 1/28/2020 at 8:35 AM, Festina Lente said:

I just see it as a huge cerebral flow chart...if one follows the negative flow chart  far enough into the Negative Rabbit Hole...eventually one finds themselves in the Abyss of No Return...this is where very, very bad things happen.

On 1/28/2020 at 3:59 AM, Festina Lente said:

I remember mine like they happened a few minutes ago and more vividly than thing else in my life.  Nothing comes close to these experiences.

I'm sure that's true.  But humour me for a moment:

1. Those memories are in your head, correct?  I mean, obviously the experiences are not re-happening each time you remember, right?

2. So you are relying on those memories as being largely correct?  The memories that were created in and by your brain.

3. Have you ever had a lucid/vivid dream, one that was so real that when you awoke, it took a while to re-adjust to reality?  Was that experience much less (or more) real?

If my point isn't clear from that, perhaps you need to read those items again, think about them, and see what logically follows....  And don't throw around the 'rolling eyes' smiley so wantonly, in future.  :) 

On 1/29/2020 at 1:35 AM, Festina Lente said:

I'm wondering if the Large Hadron Collider will ever be able to smash particles quick enough to individuate one of these interdimensional parasites?

Oh hang on, latest news.  They caught one.

Spoiler

217bf5d57c0ad9307cd698bf30e90d51.gif

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2020 at 11:57 PM, Crikey said:

There are dozens and dozens of assorted paranormal investigation TV shows and episodes around, but have any of them actually filmed solid evidence of genuine paranormal phenomena? Which ones have impressed UM members?

For example this one is interesting, it seems to show a faint "lizard man" slithering across the floor at the end of the corridor-

https://youtu.be/8zfHCibSvWs

If you class knocks and noises that only seem to come from the other room/upstairs/downstairs or the objects that fly about but always come from off screen to on screen not the other way around as solid evidence then yes.  If you class inaudible voices and suspiciously dodgy video footage or pictures as solid evidence again that would be a yes. 

On 1/19/2020 at 2:21 AM, freetoroam said:

Sorry Not a Rockstar, had to fix that for you. :tu:

I am still waiting for Derek Acorah to give a sign that he has made it to the other side. 

He is taking his time.  

As for safe, LOL,  and if he is not, what are his friends going to do about it, go and rescue him?

Don't you mean Kreed Kafer?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

Don't you mean Kreed Kafer?

Classic

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/mary-loves-dick-derek-acorahs-21212195.amp

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, freetoroam said:

How they kept it together as long as they did is beyond me, I mean she really liked Dick!  On a more serious note though I was always very troubled by how he was towards Yvette when he was "taken over" possessed or what ever me called it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

How they kept it together as long as they did is beyond me, I mean she really liked Dick!  On a more serious note though I was always very troubled by how he was towards Yvette when he was "taken over" possessed or what ever me called it.

I never understood why Yvette would scream so much. She was supposed to be an assistant ghost hunter.

If I were out ghost hunter and thought one was around, I would be ecstatic, not scared s *it less.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I never understood why Yvette would scream so much. She was supposed to be an assistant ghost hunter.

If I were out ghost hunter and thought one was around, I would be ecstatic, not scared s *it less.

True but I guess unless you're there you really do not know how you would react. 

Edited by TashaMarie
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Maybe they got better ratings that way.

• Thanks 1