Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man set to break 'pole-sitting' world record

Still Waters

Vernon Kruger has been sitting in a barrel suspended 25 metres above ground for more than two months.

Overlooking the South African town of Dullstroom, the 52-year old is about to break a Guinness world record ... set by himself in 1997.

“Sleeping in this barrel is not very easy,” said Kruger, who usually works as a diver.

“It’s a very small place to curl up in and I have to lie in a foetal position.”

Kruger’s “home in the sky” is equipped with a drainage system for “all the waste”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/19/two-months-in-a-barrel-south-african-man-set-to-break-pole-sitting-world-record

• Haha 5

Kruger’s “home in the sky” is equipped with a drainage system for “all the waste”.

He has been washing twice a week in a small basin and surviving on food hoisted up by his team in a wicker basket.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/19/two-months-in-a-barrel-south-african-man-set-to-break-pole-sitting-world-record

This is no big deal for anyone who has the time and nothing better to do with his life.

He has the essentials. No take them away and it would be interesting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well, good to hear he is not wasting his life. Plus he will have all kinds of things to talk about in social gatherings. Day 1 Stood in barrel. Night 1 Slept in barrel..... Day 50 Stood in barrel. Night 50, slept in barrel. Maybe he will write a book about his experience.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Well, good to hear he is not wasting his life. Plus he will have all kinds of things to talk about in social gatherings. Day 1 Stood in barrel. Night 1 Slept in barrel..... Day 50 Stood in barrel. Night 50, slept in barrel. Maybe he will write a book about his experience.

The book would be interesting.

4 interesting things to do in a barrel.

Chapter 1 :Stand

Chapter 2 Eat

Chapter3 : S * * t

Chapter 4 : Sleep

• Haha 1

I wish more politicians would do this.... 

Maybe this will catch on with the challenge (social media/pop culture/look at me/I want to be a reality show too) idiots. The sit, eat and **** in a barrel challenge. More mindless nonsense to flood youtube and IG with.

9 hours ago, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

I wish more politicians would do this.... 

They do in England, the only difference is they call it "House of commons sitting".  If they are really good at it, they move onto the next stage

"House of lords sitting".

article-0-0CCFDCDC000005DC-553_308x185.j

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

They do in England, the only difference is they call it "House of commons sitting".  If they are really good at it, they move onto the next stage

"House of lords sitting".

article-0-0CCFDCDC000005DC-553_308x185.j

I know but What do they do with the corpses

Edited by 'Walt' E. Kurtz
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

I know but What do they do with the corpses

Take them back to house of commons.

• Haha 1