Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

4.5 million on NHS Op waiting lists

Eldorado

But oh, heavens, let's not risk closing tax loopholes. No, instead we'll cut taxes for the richest and corporations and blame the public sector who earn far less for more work! 

Idiots. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Off the top of your head do you know the structural differences between the two? The U.K and Germany systems. 

Yeah, of course. The NHS is financed by tax money, the German system is financed by contributions by employees and employers. The systems themself are not that different I would say but I think money is the main problem of the NHS.

Edited by toast

2 minutes ago, toast said:

Yeah, of course.

? Whats the main differences ? Lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

? Whats the main differences ? Lol

Lol! I though the key question was if I know. Have edited my post.

• Haha 1

Think Germany is a combination of public  funds and private medical insurance - think the split is approx. 50/50 but don't know.

When has the NHS not been in crisis. a quick look through elections from 1955 onwards every opposition party has run on a ticket of saving the NHS in some form or another. As someone alluded to above they needed hospital treatment for a serious condition and was back home within a week. but apparently its in perpetual crisis. waiting list for hip operations or cataracts i guess you can only treat so many people at a time. like most things in life if its free generally a queue forms.

The irony is, if the NHS wasn't so efficient, people wouldn't be living so long and we wouldn't have a pensions crisis ;) 

10 hours ago, ethereal_scout said:

Think Germany is a combination of public  funds and private medical insurance - think the split is approx. 50/50 but don't know.

Two options here in Germany: statutory health insurance and private health insurance. Ratio in 2019: 73% (of the whole population) statutory and 9% private (18% others, like kids in families). None of the systems is public funded, except statutory health insurance for people with no or very low income.